Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
United Polaris Lounge at George Bush Intercontinental Airport
Facts & Highlights
  • 191 seats
  • 324 power outlets and 264 USB ports
  • 2 private daybeds outfitted with Saks Fifth Avenue bedding
  • 6 luxurious shower suites, featuring rainfall showers and Soho House & Co's Cowshed Spa products
  • Personal valet services, including steaming garments
  • A private dining area with table service for up to 28 guests
  • 11 pieces of contemporary art
in Terminal E, this exclusive 12,528-square-foot lounge features an array of plush seating, Texas and South American-inspired cuisine, shower suites and stunning views of taxiing planes.
. The lounge is open this summer from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct 2017
Trans-border flights (Canada, Mexico, ..) for UA and partner flights do not qualify

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. SFO-TPE
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. LAX-SFO-NRT or NRT-SFO-LAX
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. NRT-IAH-MSY

Hours - . The lounge is open this summer from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold

Might as well start this thread. In the C North club today they are saying the Polaris lounge will open in three weeks.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by IAHMCI
Might as well start this thread. In the C North club today they are saying the Polaris lounge will open in three weeks.
I am hearing end of the month for the opening/preview festivities like SFO/EWR.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
I am not surprised. I landed from UIO on Thursday and while walking to CIS, I had a clear view of the well-lit interior. Looked very advanced.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by st530
I am not surprised. I landed from UIO on Thursday and while walking to CIS, I had a clear view of the well-lit interior. Looked very advanced.
But did it look good?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Just flew in and out of IAH to Europe. GS staff said they expect it to be ready in late June. So lets hope that by early July its ready for guests.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:02 pm

All the staff in IAH seem to be saying the same thing - end June 2018. EXCITING!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
I hope so - looking at a couple of trips through there the last week of June...
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by trust77
All the staff in IAH seem to be saying the same thing - end June 2018. EXCITING!
Opening by end June? Or just completion of renovations?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by alsaire
Opening by end June? Or just completion of renovations?
Opening for service in or around the end of June. No firm date yet, but most work is done and now the process of obtaining various approvals, certificates, and preparation for service would appear to be underway.

I was advised that IAH is being billed as a "boutique" lounge, and will have the smallest square footage of the current portfolio. All the usual amenities will be available, just in smaller quantities as compared to the EWR or SFO facilities, which are truly massive. E.g., fewer shower suites, nap rooms, smaller dining area, etc.

IAH definitely has a more evenly-distributed schedule of longhaul departures, although I can see the lounge getting pretty crowded in the 8-10pm period.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Wow. For once my timing actually works out well. Should be thru IAH early July. Happy it seems the Polaris Lounge will be ready by then...
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
If anyone receives an invite to "Mileage Plus Exclusives" sessions @ IAH like they've done elsewhere, could you please post here? It's looking like I'll be flying through a couple of times that last week, and I'd be willing to use the 3,500 miles it cost for the SFO tour to be able to use it for effect when I'm there. I don't think they send the invites to people outside of market, so I might not see it.
rittenhousesq likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by EWR764
Opening for service in or around the end of June. No firm date yet, but most work is done and now the process of obtaining various approvals, certificates, and preparation for service would appear to be underway.

I was advised that IAH is being billed as a "boutique" lounge, and will have the smallest square footage of the current portfolio. All the usual amenities will be available, just in smaller quantities as compared to the EWR or SFO facilities, which are truly massive. E.g., fewer shower suites, nap rooms, smaller dining area, etc.

IAH definitely has a more evenly-distributed schedule of longhaul departures, although I can see the lounge getting pretty crowded in the 8-10pm period.
That makes sense as I count only 18 UA/*A daily Polaris-eligible departing flights (of course there are also UA Polaris arrivals with connections and IAH-XXX-XXX where XXX-XXX is UA Polaris). But is the space limited to the same footprint as the old 3rd floor UC, or were they able to grab more real estate? The old 3rd floor UC seems small to me even for a "boutique" Polaris Lounge.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by EWR764

Any color on how small compared to ORD? Also, is it convenient to where *A departures are? (I only ask as I have never flown internationally via IAH and rarely transit there either).
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
But did it look good?
All I could see were lights and some tables /chairs but it looked basically complete (i.e., no signs of large-scale ongoing construction).
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37

Any color on how small compared to ORD? Also, is it convenient to where *A departures are? (I only ask as I have never flown internationally via IAH and rarely transit there either).
Not terribly convenient as the lounge is in the middle of E and *A departures are from D and the walk can be fairly long depending on which D gate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.