Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
*A forum thread LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Copy from wiki of this thread for the airside directions between T7/8 and TBIT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1612275-psa-upcoming-lax-facility-changes-26.html

T7/T8 to TBIT via tunnel, about 40 min walk with average speed (copied mostly from a blog; http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfl...-security.html ):

If you are flying through Los Angeles and are connecting airlines, just follow the signs that are located near the far southern end of each terminal to connect via underground tunnel to the other terminals.

When in TBIT, walk past the KE/one world lounge to the end of concourse - take a right handed u turn, up the escalator and the *A lounge is there.

In terminal 4, access the tunnel via the escalator that reads gate 44A-L
Continue to follow the signs to baggage claim, walk past the waiting room is for the bus to Terminal 6 or the American Eagle remote terminal.

to access the tunnels from Delta terminal in T5, the escalator leading to the tunnels is near the entrance to the Sky club near.

The access point from Terminal 6 is near Alaska Airlines' gates, across from the Alaska Airline Board Room and near the Ruby's diner. The tunnel ends at terminal 6, so you must exit the tunnel and access terminal 7 & 8 by above ground walkways which are near the terminal exit and security screening center.

Operation hours from *A site as of August 28, 2021:
Opening hours and facility information may not be accurate due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are doing our best to keep it up to date.”

Opening hours

MON 09:00-01:00
TUE 09:00-01:00
WED 07:00-01:00
THU 07:00-01:00
FRI 09:00-01:00
SAT 07:00-01:00
SUN 07:00-01:00

For comments on the T7 UC, see New LAX T7 UC preview 28 Nov / opened 06 Dec 2016
Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K

Now with the recent change of policy at LAX allowing passengers with a same day boarding pass to enter any terminal, has anyone attempted using the *A lounge in TBIT when flying UA domestic?

I'm going to have a 13 hour layover there next week and actually arriving at TBIT and would love to go in for a shower and a bit to eat before going and picking up my rental car. I'll have access to the UA Club when I come back at night (BF on P.S. flight) but getting into the *A lounge in the morning would be excellent to kill some time and get freshened up for the day.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Now with the recent change of policy at LAX allowing passengers with a same day boarding pass to enter any terminal, has anyone attempted using the *A lounge in TBIT when flying UA domestic?

I'm going to have a 13 hour layover there next week and actually arriving at TBIT and would love to go in for a shower and a bit to eat before going and picking up my rental car. I'll have access to the UA Club when I come back at night (BF on P.S. flight) but getting into the *A lounge in the morning would be excellent to kill some time and get freshened up for the day.
Yes, it's easy. TSA will ask if you know you're not in the right terminal for your flight, but won't object to wanting to visit the lounge. Lounge entry agents will tell you they don't announce flights, and might ask for your UA FF card with *G logo on it.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Full thread on it at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...ge-access.html
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Access to LAX TBIT Star Alliance Lounge, when departing on UA longhaul?

This questions probably was asked quite a number of times.
If a passenger departs on a UA metal longhaul flight from LAX (e.g. SYD, MEL, PVG, LHR), can he access the Star Alliance Lounge in TBIT.
Passenger may travel in Business Class and/or is *G.

According to some reports, passenger may access any LAX terminal with a same-day boarding pass.

What about the lounge? Would they send UA-pax away?

Do we have any indication whether UA is willing to pay the Star Alliance Lounge for access? That is probably what counts in terms of lounge access.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
No issues at all with lounge access. Getting there....well..

Last edited by aacharya; Jun 23, 2016 at 6:58 am
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium, LTP; IHG Platinum
You can find the airside access information at this now closed thread. Good luck.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hanges-26.html
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by Kmxu
You can find the airside access information at this now closed thread. Good luck.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hanges-26.html
To be explicit -- yes, and you do not have to leave security. EDIT: and the lounge is a real *G lounge, so regular access rules apply. It is not a United club, so fully domestic traveler *G's *should* have access.

T8-T7-T6 connector just above security.
T6-T5 is an underground tunnel half way down T6. It's kinda creepy.
T5-T4 -- I don't know this one. I think it's another tunnel. Please look at the thread referenced.
T4-TBIT -- there is a new connector, again, back over near security.

Once in TBIT, make your way to the lounge. It's a long walk, but at least good exercise.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Wow amazing! I didn't know there is an airside connector between UA and TBIT terminal.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
The airside connector just got extended. It is a pretty long walk from T7 to TBIT, but given that my connections are often for 4 hours or so, I intend to try it next time I am there. Loungebuddy says I can get in with my UC membership, Star Gold or an international business class ticket, departing only. Priority Pass will also give access to the KAL lounge. We will see if those work in practice, or if they impose limits.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Answered multiple times every week.

LAX TBIT Star Alliance Lounge Access.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Lounge Access in LAX TBIT

Can I get access to the *A lounge in TBIT by using the United Club one time pass? I have an upcoming UA flight on ANA metal in Y but would really like to wait for the flight in a lounge.

Follow up question, are there any paid lounges in TBIT?

Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2016, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by festriaqua
Can I get access to the *A lounge in TBIT by using the United Club one time pass?...
No. They are only good at United Clubs. Distance by walking airside tunnel/walkways to United Club in T7 from TBIT is about 20 minutes but may be denied access there due to construction. I don't know if there's a lounge allowing purchased entry at TBIT anymore. The mezzanine level near the *A Lounge certainly has some decent places to hang out, though. And you can see the *A admittees enjoying themselves on the balcony seating area.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jul 31, 2016 at 10:01 pm
Old Jul 31, 2016, 9:50 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
There is a KAL lounge in TBIT, possibly via Priority Pass.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: United
UC member w/ no status - Access to Star Lounge at LAX/TBIT?

Im trying to help my boss out with an issue.

He uses the Chase Mileageplus Club Card and has the Club Membership card with the Star alliance logo on it as a result which means he has a paid lounge membership. He is currently Silver on United.
He recently tried to access the Star Alliance Business lounge at LAX at Tom Bradley INTL. He was at the business lounge, not the first class lounge. They told him that he needed to be Star Alliance Gold to enter.

However, when I looked at the Star Alliance Lounge regulations they state: “As an eligible holder of Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline Business Class Lounge2. Eligible paid memberships include United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide. You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport together with your valid eligible paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo.”

Was he turned away in error due to a host not knowing the regs, or am I miss-interpreting the regulations?

Thank you for any and all help

svirf
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The TBIT lounge is run by Star Alliance itself, not a Star Alliance member airline. If it was a Lufthansa Lounge, for example, he'd get entrance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.