FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:25 pm
svirfnebli

Programs: United
UC member w/ no status - Access to Star Lounge at LAX/TBIT?

Im trying to help my boss out with an issue.

He uses the Chase Mileageplus Club Card and has the Club Membership card with the Star alliance logo on it as a result which means he has a paid lounge membership. He is currently Silver on United.
He recently tried to access the Star Alliance Business lounge at LAX at Tom Bradley INTL. He was at the business lounge, not the first class lounge. They told him that he needed to be Star Alliance Gold to enter.

However, when I looked at the Star Alliance Lounge regulations they state: “As an eligible holder of Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline Business Class Lounge2. Eligible paid memberships include United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide. You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport together with your valid eligible paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo.”

Was he turned away in error due to a host not knowing the regs, or am I miss-interpreting the regulations?

Thank you for any and all help

svirf