Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
*A forum thread LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Copy from wiki of this thread for the airside directions between T7/8 and TBIT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1612275-psa-upcoming-lax-facility-changes-26.html

T7/T8 to TBIT via tunnel, about 40 min walk with average speed (copied mostly from a blog; http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfl...-security.html ):

If you are flying through Los Angeles and are connecting airlines, just follow the signs that are located near the far southern end of each terminal to connect via underground tunnel to the other terminals.

When in TBIT, walk past the KE/one world lounge to the end of concourse - take a right handed u turn, up the escalator and the *A lounge is there.

In terminal 4, access the tunnel via the escalator that reads gate 44A-L
Continue to follow the signs to baggage claim, walk past the waiting room is for the bus to Terminal 6 or the American Eagle remote terminal.

to access the tunnels from Delta terminal in T5, the escalator leading to the tunnels is near the entrance to the Sky club near.

The access point from Terminal 6 is near Alaska Airlines' gates, across from the Alaska Airline Board Room and near the Ruby's diner. The tunnel ends at terminal 6, so you must exit the tunnel and access terminal 7 & 8 by above ground walkways which are near the terminal exit and security screening center.

Operation hours from *A site as of August 28, 2021:
Opening hours and facility information may not be accurate due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are doing our best to keep it up to date.”

Opening hours

MON 09:00-01:00
TUE 09:00-01:00
WED 07:00-01:00
THU 07:00-01:00
FRI 09:00-01:00
SAT 07:00-01:00
SUN 07:00-01:00

For comments on the T7 UC, see New LAX T7 UC preview 28 Nov / opened 06 Dec 2016
Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Star Alliance is a mess with these paid lounge membership options. No other alliance allows network-wide access for paid lounge membership.

On a related note:

Should you just simply pay the cheapest between UC's United Club membership, AC's Maple Leaf Club Membership, and NZ's Koru Club membership?
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by keitherson
Star Alliance is a mess with these paid lounge membership options. No other alliance allows network-wide access for paid lounge membership.
There are only two paid lounge memberships that give *A lounge access: UA UC and AC MLL.

If you want to talk about a mess, look at the mix of individual deals NZ has negotiated with various airlines, including VA, SQ, CX, and UA. Koru Benefits.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Kacee
There are only two paid lounge memberships that give *A lounge access: UA UC and AC MLL.

If you want to talk about a mess, look at the mix of individual deals NZ has negotiated with various airlines, including VA, SQ, CX, and UA. Koru Benefits.
Gotcha. Honestly it reads better than Etihad's patchwork of airlines.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 5:26 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
i dunno yall,

i went to

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s.../lounge-finder

punched in "lax-nrt"
on ana
aeroplan
no status
united club member

and it gave me 3 results:
1) united club
2) tbit star lounge
3) air canada

i dunno if this is generic or because uc members are entitled entry to tbit. i assume the latter because i find the finder to be very accurate personally (especially with contract lounges) but also because i really do not care to learn the entrance policy of uc memberships.

Last edited by cur; Sep 26, 2016 at 5:31 am
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by cur
i dunno yall,

i went to

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s.../lounge-finder

punched in "lax-nrt"
on ana
aeroplan
no status
united club member

and it gave me 3 results:
1) united club
2) tbit star lounge
3) air canada

i dunno if this is generic or because uc members are entitled entry to tbit. i assume the latter because i find the finder to be very accurate personally (especially with contract lounges) but also because i really do not care to learn the entrance policy of uc memberships.
Not sure what your question is; in this discussion thread it's already been pointed out that the star alliance lounge finder lists the TBIT lounge as available to UA Club members.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:36 pm

Lounge access at LAX

Hi All--

Flying international business class for the first time with points and very excited about it. I am departing from LAX to MEL in "Businessfirst." The flight doesn't offer a first class seat. Does this mean I can access the Star Alliance First Class Lounge at LAX or only the Business Class Lounge? I have a 3 hour connection in LAX.

On a related note, is there an arrivals lounge in MEL I can access upon arrival?

Thanks--
Sanjeet
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Business"First" is just a misdirection by marketing; it's business class, with access to the business class lounge.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
I've been reliant upon the LoungeBuddy app (www.loungebuddy.com) when traveling to new airports to help me figure out where I can enter based on my ticket, my airline status, and my lounge club memberships. You may find that app (or web site) can help answer your questions.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The regular *A lounge at TBIT is pretty awesome. Allocate 20 minutes each way airside walk between your T7 departure gate and the Star Alliance lounge,
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

placeholder
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by goatee87
Does this mean I can access the Star Alliance First Class Lounge at LAX or only the Business Class Lounge?
It all depends on TSA.

UA 98 (LAX-MEL) leaves from T7 rather than TBIT. So unless TSA allows you to pass TBIT security, you have no access to the *A lounge. If allowed, it will be a business class lounge only.

Otherwise, you can only access UC.

Originally Posted by goatee87
On a related note, is there an arrivals lounge in MEL I can access upon arrival?
I am not familiar with MEL. But you can only access one if there is a paid arrival lounge and you are willing to pay.

Arrival lounge is not a business class benefit.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
It all depends on TSA.

UA 98 (LAX-MEL) leaves from T7 rather than TBIT. So unless TSA allows you to pass TBIT security, you have no access to the *A lounge.
False, you can airside transit from T7 to TBIT.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mduell
Yep.

You can walk all the way from T7 to TBIT using the tunnels.

OR

walk to T6 and use the AA shuttle to get you to four then walk to TBIT. (much faster)
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mduell
And even if you choose to transit landside, any BP gets you into any terminal at LAX. That's published LAX policy.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:36 pm

I've done the walk from T8 to TBIT recently. It's a nice long walk if you aren't in a rush and the signs help you a lot. There's no Verizon Wireless signal in those tunnels though. Got in as a *G flying Domestic UA with no issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.