Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
*A forum thread LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Copy from wiki of this thread for the airside directions between T7/8 and TBIT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1612275-psa-upcoming-lax-facility-changes-26.html

T7/T8 to TBIT via tunnel, about 40 min walk with average speed (copied mostly from a blog; http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfl...-security.html ):

If you are flying through Los Angeles and are connecting airlines, just follow the signs that are located near the far southern end of each terminal to connect via underground tunnel to the other terminals.

When in TBIT, walk past the KE/one world lounge to the end of concourse - take a right handed u turn, up the escalator and the *A lounge is there.

In terminal 4, access the tunnel via the escalator that reads gate 44A-L
Continue to follow the signs to baggage claim, walk past the waiting room is for the bus to Terminal 6 or the American Eagle remote terminal.

to access the tunnels from Delta terminal in T5, the escalator leading to the tunnels is near the entrance to the Sky club near.

The access point from Terminal 6 is near Alaska Airlines' gates, across from the Alaska Airline Board Room and near the Ruby's diner. The tunnel ends at terminal 6, so you must exit the tunnel and access terminal 7 & 8 by above ground walkways which are near the terminal exit and security screening center.

Operation hours from *A site as of August 28, 2021:
Opening hours and facility information may not be accurate due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are doing our best to keep it up to date.”

Opening hours

MON 09:00-01:00
TUE 09:00-01:00
WED 07:00-01:00
THU 07:00-01:00
FRI 09:00-01:00
SAT 07:00-01:00
SUN 07:00-01:00

For comments on the T7 UC, see New LAX T7 UC preview 28 Nov / opened 06 Dec 2016
Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

Print Wikipost

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
From T7 to TBIT, you would skip T5, only need to walk through T6 and T4 on the way to TBIT. 15-20 minutes under normal pace.
SPN Lifer and nwflyboy like this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Has anyone been here recently during breakfast hours? How does it compare to the UC in terms of food and crowding? The last time I was here in the morning, it was very sparsely occupied, with a variety of hot and cold breakfast items at the buffet.

My FlyAway bus should get me to TBIT by around 930am for a 1220pm departure - I would usually visit both locations before boarding, but if the TBIT food experience has gone way downhill, I won't bother
Old Jul 6, 2023, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Has anyone been here recently during breakfast hours? How does it compare to the UC in terms of food and crowding? The last time I was here in the morning, it was very sparsely occupied, with a variety of hot and cold breakfast items at the buffet.

My FlyAway bus should get me to TBIT by around 930am for a 1220pm departure - I would usually visit both locations before boarding, but if the TBIT food experience has gone way downhill, I won't bother
The food is fine. It is similar quality, not significantly better than the UC, but that is partly because UC is usually decent for past few years. There is different selection though, like chia coconut pudding and juice smoothies, along with standards of eggs, meats, waffles. I can't recall if they start the noodle bar in the mornings, but I think no. It is still usually pretty quiet in the mornings until about 1030h. I typically stop by unless short on time.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Has anyone been here recently during breakfast hours?
I was there during breakfast hours this morning - only to find it closed! Turns out it only opens at 9am - no fault but my own for not checking in advance...
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist

(my photo! )
cesco.g and bocastephen like this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 8:05 am

I haven't had the pleasure of departing LAX from the *A lounge -- do any flights board directly from the lounge? Might the OP's?

Boarding directly from the lounge is one of the sweetest features of the LH lounges I sometimes use on the East Coast.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by jpezaris
I haven't had the pleasure of departing LAX from the *A lounge -- do any flights board directly from the lounge? Might the OP's?

Boarding directly from the lounge is one of the sweetest features of the LH lounges I sometimes use on the East Coast.
No and there are few announcements. The only announcements I’ve heard are for passengers holding up a flight.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 9:04 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by jpezaris

Nope, LAX *A lounge isn't even attached to any gates. It just overlooks the atrium of duty free stores. Plus some departure gates are far, I think NH and BR use the gates at the very end of the terminal.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
No and there are few announcements. The only announcements I’ve heard are for passengers holding up a flight.
Definitely no announcements of UA flights (I was explicitly informed of this on multiple visits)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.