Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
*A forum thread LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Copy from wiki of this thread for the airside directions between T7/8 and TBIT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1612275-psa-upcoming-lax-facility-changes-26.html

T7/T8 to TBIT via tunnel, about 40 min walk with average speed (copied mostly from a blog; http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfl...-security.html ):

If you are flying through Los Angeles and are connecting airlines, just follow the signs that are located near the far southern end of each terminal to connect via underground tunnel to the other terminals.

When in TBIT, walk past the KE/one world lounge to the end of concourse - take a right handed u turn, up the escalator and the *A lounge is there.

In terminal 4, access the tunnel via the escalator that reads gate 44A-L
Continue to follow the signs to baggage claim, walk past the waiting room is for the bus to Terminal 6 or the American Eagle remote terminal.

to access the tunnels from Delta terminal in T5, the escalator leading to the tunnels is near the entrance to the Sky club near.

The access point from Terminal 6 is near Alaska Airlines' gates, across from the Alaska Airline Board Room and near the Ruby's diner. The tunnel ends at terminal 6, so you must exit the tunnel and access terminal 7 & 8 by above ground walkways which are near the terminal exit and security screening center.

Operation hours from *A site as of August 28, 2021:
Opening hours and facility information may not be accurate due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are doing our best to keep it up to date.”

Opening hours

MON 09:00-01:00
TUE 09:00-01:00
WED 07:00-01:00
THU 07:00-01:00
FRI 09:00-01:00
SAT 07:00-01:00
SUN 07:00-01:00

For comments on the T7 UC, see New LAX T7 UC preview 28 Nov / opened 06 Dec 2016
Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

Print Wikipost

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
Ah ok. I chose First under "Cabin Class" and "No records found matching the search criteria" error showed up. I guess you can buy lounge pass for $70 per visit?
Apparently, but it wouldn't be needed.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
I guess you can buy lounge pass for $70 per visit?
Yes, you can.

David
Old Nov 13, 2022, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by fumje
That was the basis for access.
I thought that was excluded on domestic US flights, but yes, that's almost certainly the explanation; sounds like NZ has coded the scanner at TBIT to allow access.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
I thought that was excluded on domestic US flights, but yes, that's almost certainly the explanation; sounds like NZ has coded the scanner at TBIT to allow access.
I only have occasional chance to test, but I've not encountered any non-UA *A lounge in the US that blocks domestic front-cabin (without *G) access.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I only have occasional chance to test, but I've not encountered any non-UA *A lounge in the US that blocks domestic front-cabin (without *G) access.
It's up to the airline running the lounge. Guess they're happy to take the cash from UA.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 3:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Success for that has been reported many times for many different non-UA lounges. It is just most here are *G so has never been a lot of discussion of this.
uanj likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's up to the airline running the lounge. Guess they're happy to take the cash from UA.
Ah yes, not that it's a *A entitlement so to speak, but it's a possible way to access, and in practice I've found it's always admitted, I'm sure for that reason (the payment).
SPN Lifer, Kacee and Aussienarelle like this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
deleted, meant for MLL at LAX thread.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 1:13 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Have an award trip (booked with United miles) SEA-LAX in coach, 2 hours 23 minutes connection time in LAX, then continuing on Avianca (in business class) LAX to BOG. Booked as one ticket. Traveling on a Monday in February, connecting late afternoon/early evening. Will have a bag checked thru.

I figure 2 hr 23 min should be adequate to make the connection (assuming the inbound isn't horribly late), but it's been a long time since I transited through LAX and I don't know it well.

Should I expect a terminal change (United domestic inbound to Avianca international onward)? How long of a slog? I'm also hoping to grab some quick dinner between flights, too, if that's possible (I'm told the food on Avianca's business class is pretty disappointing, so I suspect I'll do slightly better if I can eat something before boarding). Thanks for any insights you can offer on how tight this will be.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 1:20 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Have an award trip (booked with United miles) SEA-LAX in coach, 2 hours 23 minutes connection time in LAX, then continuing on Avianca (in business class) LAX to BOG. Booked as one ticket. Traveling on a Monday in February, connecting late afternoon/early evening. Will have a bag checked thru.

I figure 2 hr 23 min should be adequate to make the connection (assuming the inbound isn't horribly late), but it's been a long time since I transited through LAX and I don't know it well.

Should I expect a terminal change (United domestic inbound to Avianca international onward)? How long of a slog? I'm also hoping to grab some quick dinner between flights, too, if that's possible (I'm told the food on Avianca's business class is pretty disappointing, so I suspect I'll do slightly better if I can eat something before boarding). Thanks for any insights you can offer on how tight this will be.
Yes 2 hr 23 min should be plenty of time if your flight is not delayed. You will go from T7 to TBIT, which involves the walkway from T7 to T6, then the tunnel from T6 to T5 to T4, then back above ground and the walk way to TBIT. If you are in business for the Avianca flight, you will have access to both the LAX Polaris lounge (T7) and the Star Alliance lounge (TBIT). The food is comparable at both lounges. The Polaris lounge has showers if you are interested in one.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by angetenar
If you are in business for the Avianca flight, you will have access to both the LAX Polaris lounge (T7) and the Star Alliance lounge (TBIT). The food is comparable at both lounges. The Polaris lounge has showers if you are interested in one.
There's no Polaris lounge access on flights to BOG. Here's the applicable footnote from the lounge access page:

Long-haul international flights include those from the U.S. to Asia, Australia, Europe and select South American countries, including Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Peru.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 1:58 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Yes 2 hr 23 min should be plenty of time if your flight is not delayed. You will go from T7 to TBIT, which involves the walkway from T7 to T6, then the tunnel from T6 to T5 to T4, then back above ground and the walk way to TBIT. If you are in business for the Avianca flight, you will have access to both the LAX Polaris lounge (T7) and the Star Alliance lounge (TBIT). The food is comparable at both lounges. The Polaris lounge has showers if you are interested in one.
Thanks for the detailed path through: T7 to TBIT (via T6, T5 and T4)...sheesh, sounds like I'll get the Grand Tour (I'll be watching out for the Slauson Cutoff...). Oh well, it'll be good to stretch my legs a bit before the overnight flight to BOG.

Originally Posted by jsloan
There's no Polaris lounge access on flights to BOG. Here's the applicable footnote from the lounge access page:
Yeah, it was my understanding that I would not have Polaris access given the loopholes. The Star Alliance lounge will have to do, and that's OK. Probably no time for a shower.

I may want to buy a "grab and go" meal on the way and take it aboard (I assume my epic stroll from T7 to TBIT will all be airside and we won't have to re-clear security - right? That's the whole point of the tunnels and walkways, I think...). I'm guessing there will be some typical airport food outlets along the way where I can grab some takeout, yes? (anything recommended? I know, it's airport food, so my expectations have been set accordingly).

Thanks all for the help.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 2:16 am

Programs: UA
Thanks for the detailed path through: T7 to TBIT (via T6, T5 and T4)...sheesh, sounds like I'll get the Grand Tour (I'll be watching out for the Slauson Cutoff...). Oh well, it'll be good to stretch my legs a bit before the overnight flight to BOG.
Fortunately you won't also be going through T1, T2, and T3.

I may want to buy a "grab and go" meal on the way and take it aboard (I assume my epic stroll from T7 to TBIT will all be airside and we won't have to re-clear security - right? That's the whole point of the tunnels and walkways, I think...). I'm guessing there will be some typical airport food outlets along the way where I can grab some takeout, yes? (anything recommended? I know, it's airport food, so my expectations have been set accordingly).
Won't need to reclear security. The corridors between the terminals do not have any concessions.
nwflyboy likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 4:08 am

The corridors between the terminals do not have any concessions.
You have to walk through T4 and T6, where there are a bunch of concessions.
SPN Lifer and nwflyboy like this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 4:30 am

Programs: UA MM

Yeah, it was my understanding that I would not have Polaris access given the loopholes. The Star Alliance lounge will have to do, and that's OK. Probably no time for a shower.

Thanks all for the help.
Since you’re flying J on Avianca, you’ll also have access to the United Club at LAX T7 (plus the *A lounge at TBIT). It’s one of the better ones in UA’s system. If you have *A Gold status, you can visit the one at SEA, too.
nwflyboy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.