Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
*A forum thread LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Copy from wiki of this thread for the airside directions between T7/8 and TBIT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1612275-psa-upcoming-lax-facility-changes-26.html

T7/T8 to TBIT via tunnel, about 40 min walk with average speed (copied mostly from a blog; http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfl...-security.html ):

If you are flying through Los Angeles and are connecting airlines, just follow the signs that are located near the far southern end of each terminal to connect via underground tunnel to the other terminals.

When in TBIT, walk past the KE/one world lounge to the end of concourse - take a right handed u turn, up the escalator and the *A lounge is there.

In terminal 4, access the tunnel via the escalator that reads gate 44A-L
Continue to follow the signs to baggage claim, walk past the waiting room is for the bus to Terminal 6 or the American Eagle remote terminal.

to access the tunnels from Delta terminal in T5, the escalator leading to the tunnels is near the entrance to the Sky club near.

The access point from Terminal 6 is near Alaska Airlines' gates, across from the Alaska Airline Board Room and near the Ruby's diner. The tunnel ends at terminal 6, so you must exit the tunnel and access terminal 7 & 8 by above ground walkways which are near the terminal exit and security screening center.

Operation hours from *A site as of August 28, 2021:
Opening hours and facility information may not be accurate due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are doing our best to keep it up to date.

Opening hours

MON 09:00-01:00
TUE 09:00-01:00
WED 07:00-01:00
THU 07:00-01:00
FRI 09:00-01:00
SAT 07:00-01:00
SUN 07:00-01:00

For comments on the T7 UC, see New LAX T7 UC preview 28 Nov / opened 06 Dec 2016
Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

Print Wikipost

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Old Oct 12, 2021, 3:31 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by SCtime
I recommend checking out the lounge even though you're coming/going from T7. I've done this walk a few times over the years, both landside and airside though in the last 18 months. The lounge is well worth it. If it's not too hot out and you have clear + tsapre I recommend exiting landside and walking on sidewalk much more enjoyable than the dungeons of lax + T6. Food and drinks are varied and decent, it's fairly airy, and they have a shower that is apparently open. Also, they will hold your carryon bag in a locker (nearly unheard of in US lounges) if you want to walk en-encumbered around TBIT.
Thanks for the input! As you may know, LA weather has been nice and cool recently! This sounds like more of a straight line, then I will do the tunnel on the return. And I hear you can use TSA Pre at TBIT, yes? Is there CLEAR as well?

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
Oh...the lovely tiles. I have walked the similarly-outfitted UA international return tile tunnel many times! Lol
Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA, DL
iirc, tsapre only entering tbit. then tsapre+clear entering t7 at lax.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
UCs are really sub-standard in comparison to the *A lounge at LAX, even the LAX UC.
LHR UC is UAs best. LAX UC is UAs best in US ahead of ORD. No UC is at LAX *A Lounge standard.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Visited Nov 15, always my favorite lounge in the U.S. and did not disappoint!

- Tip to bring paper boarding pass, their system struggles with digital boarding passes and they had to punch mine in manually.
- 1st visit since Covid and it was exactly as I remember from before
- Full service bar, plus multiple BYOB stations.
- Full buffet, same as before.
- Showers and media room open.
- Outdoor patio gorgeous at night.

SPN Lifer, seanp7, wpcoe and 2 others like this.

Last edited by tstauck; Nov 16, 2021 at 8:04 pm Reason: Add Pictures
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by tstauck

- Tip to bring paper boarding pass, their system struggles with digital boarding passes and they had to punch mine in manually.
- 1st visit since Covid and it was exactly as I remember from before
- Full service bar, plus multiple BYOB stations.
- Full buffet, same as before.
- Showers and media room open.
- Outdoor patio gorgeous at night.
Awesome!

David
tstauck likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tstauck
Paid a visit today, and agree 100% with your analysis. Other than being quieter than normal it felt exactly the same as the pre-COVID days, with the only real difference being that the new "Mousse" (the thing visible in your photo of the buffet in the glass) is more mind-blowing good than it used to be (and it used to be good!)

The noodle station is also fully operational (mentioning only because I recall someone saying previously it wasn't when they had been there).

The gas warmers on the terrace were turned on in the middle of the day which is a first for me as far as I can remember, but likely more of a comment on the weather in LA today than anything specifically lounge related.
tstauck likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:15 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
didnt know you could use the star alliance lounge even if on ua domestic flight-i have international flight from japan arriving lax morning then connecting adomestic flight from terminal 8 late at night-if i leave the airport will i not be able to get into the star alliance lounge when return in evening?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 25, 2022 at 11:56 pm Reason: split post
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
also didnt know you could use the star alliance lounge even if on ua domestic flight-i have international flight from japan arriving lax morning then connecting adomestic flight from terminal 8 late at night-if i leave the airport will i not be able to get into the star alliance lounge when return in evening?
UA terminals T7/T8 are connected airside to TBIT, so access is possible with a long walk -- see thread wiki for details.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 25, 2022 at 11:56 pm Reason: split post
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Food in lounge from 1/8:
The lounge was very crowded, this was the food in the night during the usual nightly Asia rush.

And of course everyone's favorite terrace
cesco.g and cuthroat like this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
...also didnt know you could use the star alliance lounge even if on ua domestic flight-i have international flight from japan arriving lax morning then connecting adomestic flight from terminal 8 late at night-if i leave the airport will i not be able to get into the star alliance lounge when return in evening?
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Recent reports are mid-March openning for LAX PL, so Feb is probably a no go.
Better subject for Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer but UA terminals T7/T8 are connected airside to TBIT, so access is possible with a long walk -- see thread for details.
To add to WineCountryUA comment, it usually takes me around 20 min one way to do the walk but well worth it. I should also note that you have to have *A gold status to enter regardless of cabin on your domestic flight but seeing as you have 1K that shouldn't be a problem. Since everything else is beyond the scope of this thread, I'll leave it at that.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 11:01 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
To add to WineCountryUA comment, it usually takes me around 20 min one way to do the walk but well worth it. I should also note that you have to have *A gold status to enter regardless of cabin on your domestic flight but seeing as you have 1K that shouldn't be a problem. Since everything else is beyond the scope of this thread, I'll leave it at that.
thanks all!seemed to be suggesting 40mins on the linked thread- 20mins sounds more like it!from what i understand you dont have to go thru security again or is that wrong??
Old Jan 25, 2022, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
thanks all!seemed to be suggesting 40mins on the linked thread- 20mins sounds more like it!from what i understand you dont have to go thru security again or is that wrong??
You do not have to go through security again. But it is a brisk walk of 15-20 minutes each way.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 11:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I shudder to think how many hands were rummaging through that buffet

Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Food in lounge from 1/8:
The lounge was very crowded, this was the food in the night during the usual nightly Asia rush.

And of course everyone's favorite terrace
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I shudder to think how many hands were rummaging through that buffet
Agreed. I think it's a beautiful lounge, but I find the food pretty horrible (except for the noodle bar). Coffee is really bad.

But the terrace and the outdoor patio is so nice, plus access to showers. I just take the Miss Vickies chip and leave everything else!
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:22 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
You do not have to go through security again. But it is a brisk walk of 15-20 minutes each way.
The last time I was there, I timed it to be 15 min (walking at a good pace), but you have to know where you're going. It could easily be 30 min if you take the wrong turn somewhere.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.