Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
*A forum thread LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Copy from wiki of this thread for the airside directions between T7/8 and TBIT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1612275-psa-upcoming-lax-facility-changes-26.html

T7/T8 to TBIT via tunnel, about 40 min walk with average speed (copied mostly from a blog; http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfl...-security.html ):

If you are flying through Los Angeles and are connecting airlines, just follow the signs that are located near the far southern end of each terminal to connect via underground tunnel to the other terminals.

When in TBIT, walk past the KE/one world lounge to the end of concourse - take a right handed u turn, up the escalator and the *A lounge is there.

In terminal 4, access the tunnel via the escalator that reads gate 44A-L
Continue to follow the signs to baggage claim, walk past the waiting room is for the bus to Terminal 6 or the American Eagle remote terminal.

to access the tunnels from Delta terminal in T5, the escalator leading to the tunnels is near the entrance to the Sky club near.

The access point from Terminal 6 is near Alaska Airlines' gates, across from the Alaska Airline Board Room and near the Ruby's diner. The tunnel ends at terminal 6, so you must exit the tunnel and access terminal 7 & 8 by above ground walkways which are near the terminal exit and security screening center.

Operation hours from *A site as of August 28, 2021:
Opening hours and facility information may not be accurate due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are doing our best to keep it up to date.”

Opening hours

MON 09:00-01:00
TUE 09:00-01:00
WED 07:00-01:00
THU 07:00-01:00
FRI 09:00-01:00
SAT 07:00-01:00
SUN 07:00-01:00

For comments on the T7 UC, see New LAX T7 UC preview 28 Nov / opened 06 Dec 2016
Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

Print Wikipost

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kyte
Wow, a surprisingly lot of misinformation on this thread.
Agreed.

Any UC membership including obtained via Chase co-branded CCs is able to access any Star Alliance Business Class lounge
Except SIN SKL
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:39 pm

Of course, you must have a departing BP from the same day.
On a *A-operated flight. :-:
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
Except SIN SKL [/QUOTE]

There are other *A members in Asia who are also not on board or in touch with UA UC membership policies. I've been repeatedly denied entry to clubs in China as a UC Club membership holder. Just happened most recently last month waiting in XIY for the first segment of my XIY-PEK-HNL itinerary on CA. The only *A lounge was operated by ZH who refused entry simply saying they did not participate in the United lounge program and that I had to have a gold card to enter. I explained that my card granted access to any *A carrier operated lounge but they still refused. After the first flight had no problem accessing the CA lounge in PEK though.

UA sells this access as a paid program but then other *A members don't follow through or possibly UA never even communicates with them about this since from what I can tell not many other *A carriers actually have paid membership programs, so I think many front desk agents just don't know what to do with UC membership cards. Of course if I could finally reach gold one of these years (next year is looking good) instead of silver this point would finally be mute.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
The TBIT lounge is run by Star Alliance itself, not a Star Alliance member airline. If it was a Lufthansa Lounge, for example, he'd get entrance.
Incorrect the *A Lounge in TBIT is run by NZ and has been since the new *A Lounge opened in TBIT. It was apart of an deal between NZ/LAX/*A, as NZ didn't want want to leave T2 unless they we're given there own lounge space that they controlled. In the end they got given the *A Lounge to run,

Also there is an small sign next to the door to note this.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Wow, a surprisingly lot of misinformation on this thread.

Any UC membership including obtained via Chase co-branded CCs is able to access any Star Alliance Business Class lounge - this includes the LAX TBIT Star Alliance Business Lounge. You do not need any *A status.

Of course, you must have a departing BP from the same day.

Source? I've confirmed this several times at LAX personally. And OP's original link: http://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy
Misinformation or not, even you are correct in most of the case, do you mind elaborate your theory on why OP's boss was denied access?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by svirfnebli
Im trying to help my boss out with an issue.

He uses the Chase Mileageplus Club Card and has the Club Membership card with the Star alliance logo on it as a result which means he has a paid lounge membership. He is currently Silver on United.
He recently tried to access the Star Alliance Business lounge at LAX at Tom Bradley INTL. He was at the business lounge, not the first class lounge. They told him that he needed to be Star Alliance Gold to enter.

However, when I looked at the Star Alliance Lounge regulations they state: “As an eligible holder of Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline Business Class Lounge2. Eligible paid memberships include United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide. You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport together with your valid eligible paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo.”

Was he turned away in error due to a host not knowing the regs, or am I miss-interpreting the regulations?

Thank you for any and all help

svirf
Now your boss is armed to push back. He should have been allowed access.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 12:18 am

Programs: UA/CO, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by garykung
Misinformation or not, even you are correct in most of the case, do you mind elaborate your theory on why OP's boss was denied access?
From what the OP tells us about the host saying *G being required I suspect it was either a case of the host not knowing the rules (which I find odd because it's never happened to me, but new people are hired all the time) or we are missing a piece of the story.

All I can say is that he does have access with the credentials we are provided from OP.

Edit: It is also possible that if OP's boss didn't have the physical UC membership card itself and the host didn't know what the Chase MP Club Card was then this confusion might have occurred. But again, had to have been there ..
Old Sep 24, 2016, 1:01 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
I was give access to this very lounge on Thursday of this week with the exact same situation.

UA Club Card; domestic UA flight outbound. I had to show my boarding pass and my UA Club membership card.

Too bad your boss was denied access; that's definitely wrong.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dordal
I was give access to this very lounge on Thursday of this week with the exact same situation.

UA Club Card; domestic UA flight outbound. I had to show my boarding pass and my UA Club membership card.

Too bad your boss was denied access; that's definitely wrong.
I wonder if the key here is the Chase Club Card. I possess one, but I don't have a separate physical United Club Clard; only "proof" of membership is on the UA app. So if the OPs boss just showed the credit card, perhaps that was the source of "confusion"...?
Old Sep 24, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by mdobbins
I wonder if the key here is the Chase Club Card. I possess one, but I don't have a separate physical United Club Clard; only "proof" of membership is on the UA app. So if the OPs boss just showed the credit card, perhaps that was the source of "confusion"...?
You should have gotten a physical card as well. I've read here that some of the non-UC clubs require it for entrance so I just keep it in my travel laptop bag for cases just like this.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mdobbins
So if the OPs boss just showed the credit card, perhaps that was the source of "confusion"...?
Perhaps, because that would not warrant admission, you need to show the UC membership card.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Perhaps, because that would not warrant admission, you need to show the UC membership card.
Yeah, the United Club membership card is really just for non UC access. Any United Club can simply look up your FF# and grant access.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Bummer he didn't get in - I really like that lounge.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I once walked over (domestic ticket, upgraded to F, 1K) and the guy at the door initially wanted to send me to the F lounge. I wanted the regular lounge as I wanted to check out the daytime view. So, I ended up going to the regular lounge.

Would I have really been able to go into the F lounge or he was mistaken?
Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by username
I once walked over (domestic ticket, upgraded to F, 1K) and the guy at the door initially wanted to send me to the F lounge. I wanted the regular lounge as I wanted to check out the daytime view. So, I ended up going to the regular lounge.

Would I have really been able to go into the F lounge or he was mistaken?
Let's just say I would not have turned him down...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.