Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
When did LH leave T1? I remember seeing LH flights leaving the UA gates in T1, as well as LH check-in counters in T1.
Bah, you are probably right, I know swiss is T5, I assumed LH would be there as well.

No wonder that place is crowded, I hope they take over the C concourse UC and add the UC somewhere else.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
When did LH leave T1? I remember seeing LH flights leaving the UA gates in T1, as well as LH check-in counters in T1.
LH still leaves from T1. The poster you are responding to is incorrect.

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Bah, you are probably right, I know swiss is T5, I assumed LH would be there as well.

No wonder that place is crowded, I hope they take over the C concourse UC and add the UC somewhere else.
There needs to be a UA club in C concourse. No doubt about that. It's been gone long enough.

Ever since the C UA club closed, that's where all my flights have left from, and having to go back and forth to B is a huge pain. Especially when you run from your late arrival in B to your departure in C, only to find you just missed it. Then have to go back to B for the club, then walk back to C again for the next departure. This situation has only happened twice to me since C closed.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
So I thought the bathrooms at the Polaris lounge at ORD were really nice. Having your own full bathroom gives you a feeling of privacy. That feeling of privacy was destroyed for me yesterday when what I believe was a United employee opened the door while I was sitting on the toilet. A lady with what looked like a United blue dress and name tag hanging from around her neck just opened the door without bothering to knock to see if the bathroom was empty. She turned around and closed the door when she saw me and heard me yell. I'm positive that I locked the door. I even put my carry on in front of the door as a backup. She opened the door with so much force that my carry on suitcase went flying. I complained to the people at the front desk but had to catch my flight so I couldn't stay to see who barged in on me. I did file a complaint with United today. Good thing for United that I'm not in the habit of using my iPhone to take videos of my going to the bathroom. I'm sure this could have made the evening news.

Last edited by Uh Clem; Apr 27, 2017 at 7:42 am
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:48 am

if you're flying polaris business from LHR - EWR and then Economy from EWR-ORD (same day as LHR flight), can you use the Polaris lounge in Chicago?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
How long is too long?

I'm going to be getting into ORD at 9AM before flying out on the 9PM flight to GRU in J on UA. (separate tickets - booked early flight b/c it was by far the cheapest) 10 or 11 hours is a long time even for a great lounge - and I don't want to overstay my welcome at polaris..

Should I go for the whole day or spend part of the day at the B6 UC? (I'm going to be knocking out some work, so I won't have time to leave the airport)

Last edited by ron187; Apr 27, 2017 at 8:35 am
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Originally Posted by ron187
I'm going to be getting into ORD at 9AM before flying out on the 9PM flight to GRU in J on UA. (separate tickets - booked early flight b/c it was by far the cheapest) 10 or 11 hours is a long time even for a great lounge - and I don't want to overstay my welcome at polaris..

Should I go for the whole day or spend part of the day at the B6 UC? (I'm going to be knocking out some work, so I won't have time to leave the airport)
I would check out both. I think it's only about a 10 minute walk between the two and you will have all day. When I was at ORD yesterday I thought I saw a sign that said one of the United lounges in the B terminal was closed so B6 might be a bit crowded. Polaris does have better food selections plus shower facilities. The two times I've been at the Polaris lounge it did get a bit crowded after 3:00 in the afternoon. Polaris does have nice work centers but they lack privacy.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:49 am
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Doing a LGA-ORD-HKG so decided to check out the Polaris lounge. First impressions:

- Decor would hold up against SQ / VS etc, but still not a patch on something like the TK IST Lounge for feeling special. Seems more along the lines of the LHR *A lounge.
- Service not great so far, tried to book a shower, was told first come first served (even the UC in EWR will let you book in). Bar tender used his fingers to put my olive in my Bloody Mary.

Got a few hours here so will see how it goes.

UPDATE ******

Shower rooms are nice, headed floors, shower is big enough for 3-4 people and has a seat and 2 shower heads, not sure what they were planning for people to do in there...

shampoo etc did not say what brand they are on the dispenser but we nice, conditioner was empty.

There is a door in the wall for laundry... any idea if this is just for pressing, seems like it would be hard to wash or dry clean anything in the 20-30 mins you might be in there..

the glass door leading in to the shower area probably needs something on it (eye height strip or logo) like offices have.

Was pleasantly surprised to see Guiness on draft.

Staffing seems as expected, on occasions 5+ Hangingbaround the bar chatting loud enough to know it was not business.

Overall pretty excellent by United standards, and below average when comparing to premium airlines.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 29, 2017 at 12:03 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old May 9, 2017, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Lounge access question:
If I fly UA J Asia-xxx-ORD-xxx can I access the Polaris lounge? ORD becomes a domestic stopover point for me as I would enter the US in SFO/EWR/IAH, connect via ORD and then get to my domestic destination.

I know you can access the Polaris lounge on a connecting itinerary but it's not clear if ORD, as the connection point, has to be the point of departure for the United Polaris Business flight or not.

Thanks,
RM
Old May 9, 2017, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Lounge access question:
If I fly UA J Asia-xxx-ORD-xxx can I access the Polaris lounge? ORD becomes a domestic stopover point for me as I would enter the US in SFO/EWR/IAH, connect via ORD and then get to my domestic destination.

I know you can access the Polaris lounge on a connecting itinerary but it's not clear if ORD, as the connection point, has to be the point of departure for the United Polaris Business flight or not.

Thanks,
RM
Per the following, I think Polaris anywhere in your routing gets you in. Looks pretty inclusive...

"Customers in United Polaris business class may access a United Polaris lounge at departure, connecting and arrival airports along their eligible same-day routing"
Old May 10, 2017, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Per the following, I think Polaris anywhere in your routing gets you in. Looks pretty inclusive...

"Customers in United Polaris business class may access a United Polaris lounge at departure, connecting and arrival airports along their eligible same-day routing"
Right. But that's where my question about the meaning of "connecting" comes in. Does the flight out of ORD have to be the long haul in United Polaris or not? I agree with you that my ticket should be included. But the word "connecting" can be ambiguous here in that UA might only mean connecting xxx-ORD-HKG, for example, where ORD is the connecting airport to the long haul J flight.

I don't have this ticket booked yet as the inventory isn't open for what I need. I'm thinking it will be a last minute change as I'm currently booked on an Asian carrier through ORD. But coming in on an Asian carrier does not get me Polaris Lounge access.

Thanks,
RM
Old May 10, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Uh Clem
So I thought the bathrooms at the Polaris lounge at ORD were really nice. Having your own full bathroom gives you a feeling of privacy. That feeling of privacy was destroyed for me yesterday when what I believe was a United employee opened the door while I was sitting on the toilet. A lady with what looked like a United blue dress and name tag hanging from around her neck just opened the door without bothering to knock to see if the bathroom was empty. She turned around and closed the door when she saw me and heard me yell. I'm positive that I locked the door. I even put my carry on in front of the door as a backup. She opened the door with so much force that my carry on suitcase went flying. I complained to the people at the front desk but had to catch my flight so I couldn't stay to see who barged in on me. I did file a complaint with United today. Good thing for United that I'm not in the habit of using my iPhone to take videos of my going to the bathroom. I'm sure this could have made the evening news.
On my first trip to the Polaris lounge, I noted that the locks are a bit tricky and was walked in on by another passenger. They can turn part of the way and make it seem like they're locked but you need to give them a full turn to make sure.
Old May 13, 2017, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

How does this work for customers coming in on a redeye. I did a FRA-SFO-ORD-MKE trip in J (SFO-ORD is a redeye)...am hoping to pop in for a shower.
Old May 14, 2017, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
How does this work for customers coming in on a redeye. I did a FRA-SFO-ORD-MKE trip in J (SFO-ORD is a redeye)...am hoping to pop in for a shower.
As long as FRA-SFO is UA-operated and not LH-operated then you can access the Polaris Lounge in ORD when you get there. That's according to the people who have replied to me in this thread. I still haven't experienced it directly yet as my possible xxx-SFO-ORD-xxx flights aren't until later this week.

-RM
Old May 14, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
As long as FRA-SFO is UA-operated and not LH-operated then you can access the Polaris Lounge in ORD when you get there. That's according to the people who have replied to me in this thread. I still haven't experienced it directly yet as my possible xxx-SFO-ORD-xxx flights aren't until later this week.

-RM
It's true and it works.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:19 am

I'm flying Austrian out of ORD around 5:00 p.m. Arriving the night before and staying at the airport and working. Has anyone with a terminal 5 departure tried to use the Polaris lounge? I have plenty of time so I was thinking maybe going down earlier in the day for lunch/brunch and then going back to get my stuff and checking in at terminal 5. Would this work? Can I get into T1 with my Austrian boarding pass?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.