Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
I flew EWRDUB on Friday, then DUBEWR on Sunday in Polaris connecting onward thru ORD. I mistakenly pulled out the EWRDUB boarding pass (I was looking at it upside down when I took it out of my bag) and handed it at the entrance and then at the desk. They scanned it and waved me onward. It wasn't until I sat down and went to put the BP back in my bag did I realize my error and was actually shocked that 1) no one paid attention to the date on the BP, or 2) the computer didn't prompt the agent with some sort of error message.
All they do is scan the BP to pull up your reservation. They would have seen you had a DUB-ORD-EWR itinerary and allowed you through. No need to see the physical DUB-ORD BP.

-RM
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by dnwaldmann
My thought precisely.

As to whether that's a legitimate (i.e. well planned) limitation is a whole 'nuther subject, probably for a different thread...
This! Talked to a server who said the kitchen staff prepares everything to order, so turnaround times are stretched out. As a result, they don't want to add more tables and exacerbate the situation. They continue to learn, as they have only been open 4 months. Personally, I think they did a great job on all of my visits.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Had a 5 hour layover yesterday at ORD and was able to take advantage of both breakfast and lunch. Definitely an amazing improvement over the normal UC. Food was fantastic and service was stellar. Can't wait to go back.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:09 pm

Your GS status or status as low as *A Gold

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Just wondering if there's any hope for a GS to access the Polaris lounge while connecting in ORD from a longhaul in *A "J" to UA domestic "F". Policy says no. Just wondering what reality says.

PS - I'm totally OK if the answer is no. Not going to throw a tantrum or anything

-RM
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Yesterday I spent 6 hours in the ORD Polaris Lounge. Found a good seat in one of the cubicles. Question is: If you want to eat at one of the tables, are you supposed to take your luggage with you and risk not finding a place to sit after your meal? Or can you leave your things in the cubicle and feel selfish that you are occupying two spots? I guess I should have posted this question yesterday when I was facing this dilemma but hopefully I will manage to fly Polaris again.

Need to add that I did not eat at the table.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Mar 30, 2017 at 2:42 pm Reason: Add information
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:30 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
[S]elfish that you are occupying two spots?
Yes, that would indeed be selfish.

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Are you supposed to take your luggage with you[?]
That would be the more considerate course of action.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Quick question (think I already know the answer). 1k flying first NAS-ORD-DCA. Assuming I cannot use Polaris Lounge because I'm flying UA not an SA flight? I see that SA international can use Polaris Lounge. Thanks for any confirmation.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dcislander
Quick question (think I already know the answer). 1k flying first NAS-ORD-DCA. Assuming I cannot use Polaris Lounge because I'm flying UA not an SA flight? I see that SA international can use Polaris Lounge. Thanks for any confirmation.
UA passengers need to be arriving or departing in a Polaris branded flight.
*A passengers need to be departing in a *A {international} premium cabin.
See the thread's wiki.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang

I was there last month, the food is excellent. Probably the best Eggs Benedict I've ever had, excellent burger, excellent shrimp and grits, and an amazing bread pudding with chocolate croissant.
Was that all in one sitting?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by st530
Was that all in one sitting?
10 hours, shared between 3 people.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DetroitFlyer
Perhaps the lounge entry system is sophisticated enough to read all your segments in the same PNR, not just the specific segment for that boarding pass, even though you provided an already-flown boarding pass (which has the same PNR as your currently active segment).

I'm pretty sure you can't produce one for a fully domestic itinerary (accidentally) and still get in.
I should have clarified that both outbound/return were booked on separate PNRs and not in any way linked with a Mileage Plus number. So Im not exactly sure what happened other than perhaps the information remains in the system over 24hrs since I left on a Friday and then returned on a Sunday.

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
All they do is scan the BP to pull up your reservation. They would have seen you had a DUB-ORD-EWR itinerary and allowed you through. No need to see the physical DUB-ORD BP.

-RM
Yes in most instances it would be the same itinerary so it wouldn't matter.
But I was ticketed DUBEWR on one PNR and EWRORDSTL on another not linked together PNR.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 2, 2017 at 11:11 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Oddly, on The Points Guy there is a totally different menu--

ETA: Same menu, I guess, just a much more reader-friendly style.
I really thought that the paddlefish caviar would go well with the Veuve Clicquot. Even though it was afternoon - well past breakfast. No problem, sir; I'll bring that right out. Well worth asking. It was a good combo. They are very willing to please. I could get used to this kind of UA club!

Last edited by Surface Interval; Apr 2, 2017 at 12:54 pm
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
My fourth visit to the ORD PL, and second time taking a shower (first time was two weeks ago). In the shower room there is now a plastic bucket, with a hand-written note in magic marker on it, "Tipping is appreciated. Thank you."

The United GFLs and Clubs never encouraged tipping to the shower staff. I asked a UA club employee about it, and she said, "Those staff are outsourced, so they can do what they want. That's not true in the legacy United Clubs."
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
Originally Posted by wxguy
My fourth visit to the ORD PL, and second time taking a shower (first time was two weeks ago). In the shower room there is now a plastic bucket, with a hand-written note in magic marker on it, "Tipping is appreciated. Thank you."

The United GFLs and Clubs never encouraged tipping to the shower staff. I asked a UA club employee about it, and she said, "Those staff are outsourced, so they can do what they want. That's not true in the legacy United Clubs."
Wow, that's interesting. Wonder how they got away with outsourcing the PL staff. Will that also be true when the remaining GFLs become PLs?

Does the restaurant staff expect tips as well?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by AlreadyThere
Does the restaurant staff expect tips as well?
I believe that a shameful plea for tips is printed right n the menus...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.