Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:17 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by villox
It is not possible because you have no way of entering through TSA security after clearing immigration (unless you can get United to give you a gate pass, but I'm not sure if anyone has tried this or if they will)
I asked the same question a month ago to the GS agents at ORD and they said that it is possible.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I asked the same question a month ago to the GS agents at ORD and they said that it is possible.
I guess the question is whether you'd find an agent willing to give you a gate pass. I guess GS would have more luck.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:15 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I guess the question is whether you'd find an agent willing to give you a gate pass. I guess GS would have more luck.
You are probably correct.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: AC
Any updates on when the lounge will open in SFO? We are flying to Hong Kong on the 16th of August and it would be great to check this lounge out. If not, what other lounge is available in SFO that would be close?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by canforce
Any updates on when the lounge will open in SFO? We are flying to Hong Kong on the 16th of August and it would be great to check this lounge out. If not, what other lounge is available in SFO that would be close?
No firm schedule yet -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...r-options.html

For present options see wiki's of
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ited-club.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ls-lounge.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ional-sfo.html
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:35 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
just make a dummy full fare/refundable booking on aa

then enter the polaris lounge on your arrival bp
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
In the lounge again right now. I came in on a red-eye from SFO, so entered right at opening at 7:15. Had a nice 2 hour nap on one of the four daybeds - pillow, light blanket, pillow mist, eyeshades, carafe of water, and white noise machine all combined for a comfortable enough sleep. Followed that up with a very nice shower - the shower suites are top notch, and include a pressing/steaming service (just place your clothes in the door a la LH/LX FC lounges). The attendant was super helpful as well.

Was hoping to sit down to breakfast, but they shut down the breakfast a la carte at around 10:15am, so I'm holding out and will have an early brunch instead.

My second visit, and I continue to think United have nailed the lounge part down really well - both in terms of hard and soft product. It's everything you really need without being over the top in any way. Makes me look forward to the new on-board hard product.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:36 am

Any idea about the IAD polaris lounge? We will be traveling through there in Sept and we are hoping the lounge might be open.
I thought I saw a tentative list of polaris lounge openings, but I can't find it now
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AtlLhr
Any idea about the IAD polaris lounge? We will be traveling through there in Sept and we are hoping the lounge might be open.
I thought I saw a tentative list of polaris lounge openings, but I can't find it now
It's on the list, but no definitive ETA. Could be later this year, even early next year.

"Eight additional lounges will open at Houston Intercontinental, Los Angeles International, New York/Newark, San Francisco, Washington Dulles, Hong Kong, London Heathrow and Tokyo Narita. Opening dates for these lounge locations will follow over the course of the next few years." Source United
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Oscar was in the lounge on Thursday, January 26th. CNN was filming a segment on Polaris. Richard Quest from CNN was interviewing Oscar and several people in the lounge. It's supposed to air in March or April.

After the filming, Oscar went around the lounge talking to everyone. It was great to get to meet him. He also ate dinner there. I heard he had the hamburger.

If you have not tried it, the fruit cobbler is delicious. The carrot soup was very good too.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:42 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Quick question: I'm flying SYD-SFO-ORD in a couple of days. The language on the UA website indicates I should have access to the Polaris lounge in ORD, and I've seen some posts upthread suggesting the same -- but can anybody confirm from personal experience that they've done this (i.e., accessed the lounge after an incoming Polaris flight and a domestic connection)?

And, if so -- any tips for smoothly passing the gatekeeper? Should I make sure I keep a paper BP from the SYD-SFO flight?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plat, SPG/M P75 and few from CC
Entered without problem couple days ago, I just showed them my KIX-SFO bp.

Originally Posted by QBK
Quick question: I'm flying SYD-SFO-ORD in a couple of days. The language on the UA website indicates I should have access to the Polaris lounge in ORD, and I've seen some posts upthread suggesting the same -- but can anybody confirm from personal experience that they've done this (i.e., accessed the lounge after an incoming Polaris flight and a domestic connection)?

And, if so -- any tips for smoothly passing the gatekeeper? Should I make sure I keep a paper BP from the SYD-SFO flight?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:19 am
QBK

Originally Posted by Juventini
Entered without problem couple days ago, I just showed them my KIX-SFO bp.
Thanks! That makes me feel a lot more confident.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
What if your connecting and departure airports are the same - hmm - that doesn't even sound right - but from what I read based on this, I wouldn't get access...

ORD-IAH-NRT Polaris Business

Can I access the polaris Lounge in ORD prior to boarding for IAH?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:24 am
QBK

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
What if your connecting and departure airports are the same - hmm - that doesn't even sound right - but from what I read based on this, I wouldn't get access...

ORD-IAH-NRT Polaris Business

Can I access the polaris Lounge in ORD prior to boarding for IAH?
I think this is covered in the wikipost. ORD is your connecting airport; IAH is your departure airport. As long as your IAH-NRT flight is Polaris, you are entitled to Polaris lounge access at both connecting and departure airports -- but there's no Polaris lounge in IAH. You should have access in ORD.

If your IAH-NRT were on a *A partner, you would not have access in ORD (no access at connecting airports).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.