Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
Basic services and food offerings are pretty much the same at all the SFO UCs
Last call is 30 minutes before club closing.

Terminal 3 / Rotunda Pros and Cons
  • Better runway views.
  • Quiet room and work cubicles.
  • Closer to most gates. (F concourse)
  • Could use a furniture renovation
  • Can be the most crowded at peak times

International Terminal (between G6 and G9) Pros and Cons
  • Previous IFL (note showers have been removed)
  • Closest for most international departures/G gates (if not eligible for SFO Polaris Lounge)
  • No windows, no views
  • Dated (wood panel) ambiance
  • Crowded at peak TPAC times in late morning, mid-day
  • No full bar; only basic wine and beer offered
  • Elevator / stairs for access

New Concourse E Pros and Cons
  • Closest to the E gates
  • crowded at peak times, early morning, late afternoon
  • least ambiance
  • (as of Oct. 2023), E conc. Club opens 45 mins. later than F Rotunda Club (5:45 a.m. for E vs. 5:00 for F).

"Temporary" Mezzanine UC Pros and Cons (never reopened after COVID closure)
  • Across from 70/71 gates, a little hard to find
  • Generally the least crowded
  • No windows, lacks much ambiance - some neat historical aircraft/airport photos
  • Elevator for access

related threads
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr, old GFL is intl prem cabin lounge

Centurion lounge or UA lounge in SFO?

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014]

Archive thread: Best SFO United Club? {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of SFO United Clubs

Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
Status of SFO United Clubs

Which clubs have showers in SFO? I'm traveling domestic as GS and have an AMEX Platinum.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by FlyHighInTheSky
Which clubs have showers in SFO? I'm traveling domestic as GS and have an AMEX Platinum.
No SFO United Clubs have showers.
International F has showers. As GS I think you can use that one.
United Arrivals does but you're not eligible for that.
Centurion by AMEX has a shower.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
No SFO United Clubs have showers.
International F has showers. As GS I think you can use that one.
United Arrivals does but you're not eligible for that.
Centurion by AMEX has a shower.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I don't think I can get into the GFL traveling domestic so looks like the Centurion it is.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Do any of the clubs have printers? United's website claims there's free wifi-enabled printing at all clubs, is that true, and how does it work?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Flying domestic on a 747 from SFO, so departing international terminal, even though in "J,", wouldn't have GFL access. Thought I'd ask, though, because really, if I were in the same lie-flat seat going to EWR, I would have access. Anyhow, I ask at the GS Reception in domestic terminal, and I get the answer, "you can try?"

Oh my. So then he looks at his terminal and realizes that the GFL hasn't yet opened.

So I ask, "the business lounge in the international terminal - I heard it was being renovated. Is it finished?"
"Yes, it is done. It's the one right behind us."
"No, not the one by the E gates; I'm asking about the Business class lounge in the International terminal."
"Club in the international terminal? Hmmmmm" with voice trailing as if trying to remember where the main United club in the international terminal is located, or even if there is one...

I'm incredulous.

After a pause, he says, "do you have an American Express platinum card? Best idea is to go to the Centurion lounge. It's the nicest lounge in the airport!"
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA

After a pause, he says, "do you have an American Express platinum card? Best idea is to go to the Centurion lounge. It's the nicest lounge in the airport!"
Well, at least he knows the most important things
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
Flying domestic on a 747 from SFO, so departing international terminal, even though in "J,", wouldn't have GFL access.
I don't get it. You are GS, right? If so, you absolutely do get access to the GFL flying Intl J. I've used it in that capacity probably 20 times in the last year. There may be some question if you can use it on arrival. But I've never, ever had a problem getting in on arrival (after maybe 30 times).

United Global First Lounges
Take a moment to sit back and enjoy the journey, almost anywhere you go. United Global Services members who travel in United Global First® or United BusinessFirst® – including on Premium Service (p.s. ®) flights – enjoy access to exclusive United Global First Lounge locations across the world:*
Old Apr 16, 2016, 11:50 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by porciuscato
I don't get it. You are GS, right? If so, you absolutely do get access to the GFL flying Intl J. ...
Appears from the OP's phrasing it was a domestic / non-BF ticket.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Appears from the OP's phrasing it was a domestic / non-BF ticket.
Indeed. And since a 747 was specifically mentioned, I'm going to guess it was SFO>ORD.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Wooglin
I'm a UC member with a 3 hour layover (5pm-7:50pm) in SFO on UA BP (Economy) SAN>SFO>YYC.

Debating between the new UC, or the SQ lounge- Given the time and location, which *A lounge would you guys recommend?

Can you enter the SQ lounge with a UA Club membership on a domestic United ticket if you are Silver on United? What about the EVA AIR Evergreen Lounge? Thanks.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I'm a UC member with a 3 hour layover (5pm-7:50pm) in SFO on UA BP (Economy) SAN>SFO>YYC.

Debating between the new UC, or the SQ lounge- Given the time and location, which *A lounge would you guys recommend?
I have tried to enter the new UC only 4 times. First 2 times, I was refused admittance due to overcrowding (I am a UC member). Next 2 times, I left after 2 minutes due to overcrowding.

Not sure what United was thinking building such a very small club for such a large terminal area. Not smart.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Fly4SCUBA
Can you enter the SQ lounge with a UA Club membership on a domestic United ticket if you are Silver on United? What about the EVA AIR Evergreen Lounge? Thanks.
Very unlikely.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Fly4SCUBA
Elite status is irrelevant here.
If you have a paid UC membership, you can enter any lounge that displays the star alliance logo.

You will need your UC card. The digital card in the UA app will not be accepted.
Old May 25, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
If you have a paid UC membership, you can enter any lounge that displays the star alliance logo.

You will need your UC card. The digital card in the UA app will not be accepted.
That's not the case here, as that's not how SQ/Eva runs their lounges in SFO, despite the "rules." 99.99% chance you will not be admitted on a UA domestic ticket. Even if it was a UA international ticket they would likely turn you away.

Head to the rotunda club by the 80's gates. If you're flight is departing from the int'l terminal (as some domestic flights do) then use the UC there.

Avoid the new UC club by the 60's gates as it is small and often overcrowded.
Old May 25, 2016, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

You've obviously never tried this at the SFO SilverKris or Eva lounge.

And the refusal to let pax use their lounges has nothing to do with physical vs. digital card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.