Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:51 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
No dining service tonight at ORd Polaris lounge. Let the cost cutting continue.
They better be giving out vouchers for food at ORD. Totally unacceptable, whatever the excuse may be.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
No dining service tonight at ORd Polaris lounge. Let the cost cutting continue.
When you say no dining service do you mean no food at all or no sit down meal with menu/table service?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Yes, the circumstances are needed. The expanded section recently opened and includes 10 additional tables for full dining service (sat there and had the burger and a Guinness on Dec 16), Seems like that would be a poor decision to include an area for full dining service in the expansion if they planed to cut back on that service two weeks later.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by qfrodo
Yes, the circumstances are needed. The expanded section recently opened and includes 10 additional tables for full dining service (sat there and had the burger and a Guinness on Dec 16), Seems like that would be a poor decision to include an area for full dining service in the expansion if they planed to cut back on that service two weeks later.
The one thing you can count on with United is inconsistency. I hope someone at United is tracking non-regular customers booking what they think is Polaris and staying away from United after that.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds

Since there are no Polaris seat fitted aircraft flying out of ORD (to my knowledge), it is actually impossible to receive the fully advertised Polaris experience today.
There is the occasional reconfigured 763 out of ORD now.

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Everything BUT PJ's, Mattress pad and Gel pillow are on your seat when you board (I am about 50/50 for amenity kit, but if it isn't there, they typically hand them out before takeoff)
On numerous flights I had to ask for slippers as well. While I do not expect all extras (Mattress pads, gel pillow etc) to be at the seat/handed out automatically, it would be great, if the FAs at least would come around and offer them. This way there is "no waste" of unwanted items, but everbody gets to choose whatever he/she likes.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
From a Facebook group I am a member of, this was posted by a member yesterday:

ORD folks- Polaris Lounge expansion is open and really nice. Alacarte dining has moved, and there's additional seating, all away around the back. Nobody told me until one of my regular servers saw me. Don't know why they're keeping it a secret!

Q: So, dining isn’t by the bar anymore?

A: No. Walk past that, turn left after the bar, walk all the way back to new seating area. New little buffet area with illy machines and fruit/snacks. Then turn again to full service dining area. Or more direct entry after the illy machines. This sounds more complicated than it is. I cant believe no-one told me! You'd think they'd be highlighting this improvement!
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
When you say no dining service do you mean no food at all or no sit down meal with menu/table service?
no sit down service off the menu
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM

Was this a one day thing (chef has ptomaine) or on-going?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am not sure that is true. I was there on Thanksgiving and again last week and saw servers delivering food to the seating area way in the back.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
I was there back on Dec 16 and one of the staff informed me that the expansion area was now open. The tables for full service dining were still in the bar area then, as well as the additional area in the expanded section.

Last edited by qfrodo; Jan 13, 2018 at 11:14 am
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

Are you sure you just didn't notice they moved that section?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by chavala
Are you sure you just didn't notice they moved that section?
Was there two days ago and the new section had dining... I strongly think the OP was in the wrong section, which does not seem to have dining anymore under normal conditions.

I really dont think it’s appropriate to draw conclusions based on one erroneous data point.
RandomBaritone likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
The chart in the wiki indicates I won’t, but anecdotal evidence is probably better to have. Has anyone been able to access the lounge upon arriving on LH F connecting to domestic UA?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nevansm
... Has anyone been able to access the lounge upon arriving on LH F connecting to domestic UA? ....
The scan of your BP at the check-in desk will deny access and others in your position have been denied.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The scan of your BP at the check-in desk will deny access and others in your position have been denied.
If OP even makes it to the scanner. Gotta make it past the person outside of the door first!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.