Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Looks like UA to Lat Am is just regular business and not Polaris.

This is not particularly intuitive.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con.../business.aspx
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Looks like UA to Lat Am is just regular business and not Polaris.
No, that's not true. The longer flights are Polaris (Brazil, Santiago). The seat map says "United Polaris™ business" in the key on the Polaris flights.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jsloan
No, that's not true. The longer flights are Polaris (Brazil, Santiago). The seat map says "United Polaris™ business" in the key on the Polaris flights.
Gotcha. Just saying it's not particularly intuitive to know that over a certain distance it's Polaris vs regular business. I just assumed that all international biz was Polaris. I don't recall UA making a distinction when they rolled this out but perhaps I'm wrong.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:56 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
What dishes are currently on offer in the lounge for lunch - late afternoon? I couldnt find a menu. Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:05 pm

First trip to the Polaris Lounge next week. I have read the many stories of overcrowding.

Is there any guide to how busy the PL is each hour? (We will be there around 10:30-12:30.)
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat
Originally Posted by pdxdtm
I just had a lovely two hour stay before my connecting flight to Washington this evening (I’m fact I’m sitting here right now enjoying my bread pudding with a bourbon creme anglaise and an old fashioned).

I flew from MNL-ROR-GUM-NRT in business as a result of a CPU. I connected in Narita to the Chicago flight in economy, and now am connecting to DCA in F. The Lounge agent went back and forth, didn’t know UA192 (from Manila-Palau-Guam) was a United flight, but finally let me enter on account of the Guam to Narita flight in Business. Not sure I technically qualified - but glad I could check it out.

Was very impressed overall with the design. The bar was great. Good conversation from the barkeep, and quality drinks and espresso. Enjoyed the dining room too. I’m a sucker for a beet salad.

Safe travels!!
Wow, Auchentoshan available at the bar? I just discovered that last month - had not heard of the distillery, but it immediately became one of my favorite single malts. Cool to see in the Polaris lounge.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Global321
First trip to the Polaris Lounge next week. I have read the many stories of overcrowding.

Is there any guide to how busy the PL is each hour? (We will be there around 10:30-12:30.)
They recently increased the size of the Polaris Lounge so you should be fine. My wife and I arrived at a very busy time three weeks ago and had no problem finding two seats together.
Global321 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by EWR764
The recently-revised partner access rules also eliminated the transborder 'loophole' that used to get AC biz pax in on shorter flights.
What are the new partner rules?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 10:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LXFlyer
Originally Posted by EWR764
The recently-revised partner access rules also eliminated the transborder 'loophole' that used to get AC biz pax in on shorter flights.
What are the new partner rules?
As mentioned transborder AC premium cabin passengers are not eligible for Polaris access. No change for other partners, just the AC transborder passengers,
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: United
Polaris Lounge access at ORD for international flights with US stop

If you have an international business flight departing at ORD but the first leg of the flight is in the continental US, are you still eligible to use the Polaris lounge at ORD? (My particular details: I'm flying ORD-LAX-MEL on a single ticket in Z class.) It would be a little bit frustrating to be barred because the first leg is not international (I would fly ORD-MEL directly if I could), and to be told I can only use the Polaris lounge in LAX which doesn't exist.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:44 am

Yes should have access
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just hope your ORD-LAX is late enough in the day for the lounge to open. Presumably OK for connecting to LAX-MEL, but it is kind of annoying that ORD-west coast-Asia is timed too early.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:05 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Absolutely.

Flew ORD-SFO-SIN a few weeks ago. Had access to Polaris at ORD. Also when I flew back on SIN-LAX-ORD, I had access. Normally wouldn't go to lounge on arrival but since I landed in C and the lounge was very close, I decided to stop in for a visit.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
If your LAX-MEL flight is on UA metal (I don't see why it wouldn't be, but) then you will have access to Polaris lounges at your origin, connecting, and destination airports where available - this presuming you can re-clear security at the destination, of course, which requires a valid same day boarding pass at all airports in the US except PIT.

The TLDR version is yes, you will have access at ORD if lounge is open and you're on UA metal.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: United
Thanks all for the confirmations! (my LAX-MEL is definitely UA metal). I actually received a different answer from @UNITED on twitter, but I trust the answers here more. (ORD-LAX leaves at 4:30PM so it will be open). This is what @UNITED said:

>While you won't be able to access the Polaris Lounge at ORD, you will be able to access the United Club at LAX. >Our Polaris Lounge at LAX is not quite done yet; we apologize for this inconvenience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.