FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: obscure2k

Contents:

• Open Clubs
  • Future Clubs
  • Closed Clubs
  • Other miscellaneous Sky Club threads

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes.

Future Clubs:

List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Closed:

• JFK T2
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S

Other miscellaneous Sky Club related threads:

Print Wikipost

Detroit sky club entrances/fire code

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2022, 10:53 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
List of all Delta Sky Clubs and their FlyerTalk threads

With the closure of the Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19 thread, I thought it would be a good idea to have an ongoing/stickied thread, or really, just somewhere to copy over the wiki, indexing all the various known FT threads relating to each Sky Club (if you find one that's missing and/or start a new one, please update the wiki!).
Old Jan 14, 2023, 9:23 am

Programs: DL Platinum, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Master Doc (from Reddit)

This is a link for FT people to add to the existing Reddit Sky Club Master Doc. Posting it here because I'm not sure what other thread it belongs in, and it's really supposed to be a collaborative sticky-type thread to provide quick reviews when FT folks go to new airports.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...fgY4yLhQo/edit
Old Feb 9, 2023, 8:00 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President Circle.
MCI Sky Club opening soon?

According to the web site, MCI is opening their new terminal on Feb 28, 2023. Does anyone know if The Sky club will be opening that day too?
Old Feb 12, 2024, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Detroit sky club entrances/fire code

For the fourth or fifth time over the past year or so, I've attempted to enter a Detroit sky club, where there has been a line. Recently, I entered, even though I and many others had to wait at the door because it was "full to capacity" and discovered 20+ seats vacant after entry. I went back to the gentleman at the door and mentioned it to him And he sent someone to look, although there was still line. He finally mentioned to me that the "fire code" regulations were in effect, and that is the reason. I suggested then that they remove chairs because it just doesn't look good when you spend 10 or 15 minutes waiting to enter the club and find 20 or more available seats.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dldmfll
For the fourth or fifth time over the past year or so, I've attempted to enter a Detroit sky club, where there has been a line. Recently, I entered, even though I and many others had to wait at the door because it was "full to capacity" and discovered 20+ seats vacant after entry. I went back to the gentleman at the door and mentioned it to him And he sent someone to look, although there was still line. He finally mentioned to me that the "fire code" regulations were in effect, and that is the reason. I suggested then that they remove chairs because it just doesn't look good when you spend 10 or 15 minutes waiting to enter the club and find 20 or more available seats.
Not sure if the fire code thing is real or not, but having extra seating increases the chances of getting your own table instead of bunking in with a stranger, especially when traveling with others.
jalves likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 2:11 pm

Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Which skyclubs in DTW do you frequent? I don't think I have ever seen a line in DTW, maybe for the A 20 or A 60 ish clubs on the end. I am in and out of DTW weekly. Have definitely never heard of this fire code thing though.
ExArkie likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Originally Posted by pt360
Which skyclubs in DTW do you frequent? I don't think I have ever seen a line in DTW, maybe for the A 20 or A 60 ish clubs on the end. I am in and out of DTW weekly. Have definitely never heard of this fire code thing though.
The club I am referring to is the one near gate 66 upstairs. However, I have gotten the same response at the one near gate 38.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 3:45 pm

I dont know whether it is a "fire code" thing or not, but I have noticed the same at JFK. But it doesn't really bother me, and I actually kind of prefer it.

It's not really a "lounge" experience if you have to hunt for a seat or can't sit with your travel companion. I've assumed that Delta was putting the lines in place when something like 75% of seating capacity was taken. Not 100% But that's just my guess -- as with so many other topics, there is no actual knowledge going on here
Old Feb 12, 2024, 6:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dldmfll
The club I am referring to is the one near gate 66 upstairs. However, I have gotten the same response at the one near gate 38.
DTW A68 is pretty small. I'm pretty sure that place would be almost half empty if there were 20+ seats available.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL DM
If they are enforcing the fire code, at least they aren’t enforcing the “One complimentary alcoholic beverage” policy advertised at the entrance
Old Feb 13, 2024, 12:14 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I had to wait in lind to get into the A43 ("Bart Simpson") club.

If you want pretty much guaranteed immediate club access and have some time to kill, try the B/C club.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
DTW A68 is pretty small. I'm pretty sure that place would be almost half empty if there were 20+ seats available.
Not quite that small, but A68 and A18 clubs are definitely on the smaller end. The problem is that DL tends to run more flights out of the north high number gates than the south low numbered gates. The restaurant at the south end has never reopened since Covid. While I haven't encountered a line for A68 yet, I did see them put out the sign once in the afternoon as I was leaving and a number of flights had just arrived at the high numbered gates around the same time. As noted above, the B/C club is almost always not that busy. Particularly on Saturday mornings when DL runs a reduced schedule to the smaller destinations (typically served by RJs).
Old Feb 13, 2024, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ND76
I had to wait in lind to get into the A43 ("Bart Simpson") club.

If you want pretty much guaranteed immediate club access and have some time to kill, try the B/C club.
Is B/C still the old NW look? Or did they DLtify it? It's been ages since I went to it. However I always liked that it remained old school NW.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 6:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by xliioper
Not quite that small, but A68 and A18 clubs are definitely on the smaller end. The problem is that DL tends to run more flights out of the north high number gates than the south low numbered gates. The restaurant at the south end has never reopened since Covid. While I haven't encountered a line for A68 yet, I did see them put out the sign once in the afternoon as I was leaving and a number of flights had just arrived at the high numbered gates around the same time. As noted above, the B/C club is almost always not that busy. Particularly on Saturday mornings when DL runs a reduced schedule to the smaller destinations (typically served by RJs).
Had a line at the A18 club a couple of weeks ago... Was mildly annoyed that the DM/D1/F/360 split wasn't being used.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.