Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

Hour 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily
A la carte dining, last seating 8 p. m.

United flights with the premium cabin class listed as 'Polaris Business' qualify for deaparture, connecting and arrival of a United Polaris flight.
UA premium cabin flights not marketed as Polaris, such as Domestic First or International Business (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America, northern South America, ... ) are not eligible for Polaris lounge access.
For partner, Business or International First, access only at departure airport and same destination restrictions as UA (roughly at least 8+ hours long haul international - TATL, TPAC, yes any UA Polaris destination but no trans-border).

No Guests (except 1 guest for International First partner flights)

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges (wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread

International T5 ORD partner *G lounges
Print Wikipost

ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
How crowded do folks think it will be on a Thursday afternoon next month around ~2 PM?
2pm isn't usually too busy. The people on the 6pm flights to Europe haven't arrived yet and the people on the 2pm Frankfurt flight will have just left.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:36 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Had a long layover in ORD yesterday, so tried to get a meal in the Polaris Lounge. Sat at one of the special tables, and was given silverware and a napkin by a bus boy. Went and found a menu (VERY TATTY) for myself since there wasn't one around. I then waited over 20 minutes during which no one came and took my order, despite the fact that I was noticeably perusing the menu during this time. I could not see who was supposed to be taking orders, since a variety of people were delivering dishes to other tables but no one was taking an order.

Eventually I gave up and went and helped myself to food from the adjacent room and ordered wine and water at the bar. I consumed these at my table.

During the rest of my stay in the lounge, I noticed that two guys two tables away from me who were already there when I arrived did not get their orders for almost an hour. Various women employees kept apologizing, but it didn't make the food come any quicker.

Another guy came and sat at the table next to me on the other side. He got service by shouting loudly to the person who it turned out should have been taking the orders, a grumpy-looking older guy with a moustache. He claimed the kitchen was closing in half an hour and kept walking away while the guy next to me was ordering stuff from him. The guy next to me kept calling him back while he completed his order.

Terrible service. The people behind the bar were great, though.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Never.....ever have I seen an LH senator lounge at >80% full. Why, why united?

I take it you haven't been to the LH lounge at EWR in the early evening.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by eric.chen3742
Is the full menu available from open to close? If I were to be on a morning flight (before 10AM), can I still have all of the food options?
I would also like to know this. Also, if arriving there around 8AM and ordering off the menu. How much time should I expect for my food to arrive?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by eric.chen3742
Is the full menu available from open to close? If I were to be on a morning flight (before 10AM), can I still have all of the food options?
I don't recall the exact cutover time between the menus, but when visited the lounge in May there were two separate menus in the binder: breakfast and lunch/dinner. Not sure if they would refuse to make you "lunch/dinner" food early in the morning.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:09 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by DoTheBartMan
I don't recall the exact cutover time between the menus, but when visited the lounge in May there were two separate menus in the binder: breakfast and lunch/dinner. Not sure if they would refuse to make you "lunch/dinner" food early in the morning.
The change in menu is either 1030 or 1100. They will not make you lunch if it is breakfast time. And no food service during the transition period. This is what I experienced a few weeks ago.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Last time I was there, at one point in the afternoon they took ALL the food away from the buffet -- for about 30 minutes the hot food section was completely empty. Then they finally replaced it all -- with the same exact food!
The novelty of dried up, greasy chicken and Shepard's pies worn off for me. And those disgusting-looking Ratatouille things... Do they EVER change the offerings???

Last edited by chavala; Jul 25, 2017 at 8:48 am Reason: sp
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by chavala
Last time I was there, at one point in the afternoon they took ALL the food away from the buffet -- for about 30 minutes the hot food section was completely empty. Then they finally replaced it all -- with the same exact food!
The novelty of dried up, greasy chicken and Shepard's pies worn off for me. And those disgusting-looking Ratatouille things... Do they EVER change the offerings???
Given I spent years going to a united club for pre-flight snack mix from a gerbil feeder and cheese and crackers, I'm not going to complain about the fact that my pre-flight Polaris food is becoming repetitive, but it would be nice if they could change it up a bit.

Maybe they're on a 6 month cycle. After all they didn't even have hot food for the first couple months.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by 1P
During the rest of my stay in the lounge, I noticed that two guys two tables away from me who were already there when I arrived did not get their orders for almost an hour. Various women employees kept apologizing, but it didn't make the food come any quicker.
Similar to what I observed last month.

If UA can't deliver a top notch product (compare with Qantas F lounge) then IMO it would be better just eliminate the table service menu. A poor execution is worse than none at all, and the limited capacity will continue to annoy the 95-98% of us who can't get a seat at one of the special tables.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Similar to what I observed last month.

If UA can't deliver a top notch product (compare with Qantas F lounge) then IMO it would be better just eliminate the table service menu. A poor execution is worse than none at all, and the limited capacity will continue to annoy the 95-98% of us who can't get a seat at one of the special tables.
The GFL at LHR dose a great job with table service, but this is essentially a whole order of magnitude bigger. Hopefully they're using this PL as a learning tool for the future ones.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
The GFL at LHR dose a great job with table service, but this is essentially a whole order of magnitude bigger. Hopefully they're using this PL as a learning tool for the future ones.
I have dined with table service at least 6 times since it opened and only once was the service just a bit slow. Every other time the order was taken quickly and food delivered promptly.

I think bad/slow service is the exception not the rule.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by villox
I have dined with table service at least 6 times since it opened and only once was the service just a bit slow. Every other time the order was taken quickly and food delivered promptly.

I think bad/slow service is the exception not the rule.
Good to hear. Thanks ^
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:05 pm

Polaris Lounge Access ORD?

Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of booking an Aer Lingus business class award ticket from ORD-DUB with United miles for this fall. Since the ticket includes a long connection at O'hare (via a domestic United segment), I was wondering - would I have access to the polaris lounge for my layover? I know that, in general, it's available to star alliance business class passengers, but obviously Aer Lingus is just a partner, and not star alliance. Does anyone know if I'll get access?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
I think you have to be on a Polaris flight to get into the Polaris lounge . . . .
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by allthem
Does anyone know if I'll get access?
Unlikely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.