Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6 5:45 a.m. - 7:45 p.m. **Limited food, but getting increasingly better. Note the reduced operating hours.**

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks**

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
I would just add that there’s nothing wrong with the offering in the F8 club; moreover, it has a great view of the airfield. As for the C16 club, I believe it’s been taking UA two years so far to reconstruct it due to PL expansion so no hot entrées and rudimentary spirits only.
I go to the F gates one whenever I can because of the views. I'm pretty sure their food would be the same as the food in B.
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by eng3
Agree F8 has grat views

As mentioned in my OP, C does have hot food. Today it was some sort of chicken alfredo pasta dish. Luke warm, overcooked. I preferred the swedish meatballs at B6, but I was getting tired of it. Three times in a row in the span of a month. Either my luck is really that bad or I need to try another lounge.
I think they're switching it up monthly or less frequently now. It seems they're serving whatever surplus Sysco has in it's warehouses.

Last edited by onthesam; Mar 5, 2020 at 6:12 am
Old Mar 5, 2020, 4:56 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
In the C United Club at 6AM today (Thursday) and I am one of 5 pax. This place is usually nearing SRO by 6:30 on a weekday as I leave to catch my 7AM. Only two front desk agents on today. Only had one desk agent in the GS welcome reception as well. Looks like United finally found an environment in which they have appropriate domestic lounge capacity at ORD.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA
Do they still have hot food or have they Kirby'd it?
Old Mar 22, 2020, 6:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Do they still have hot food ...
For understandable health reasons, no UCs have buffets. It varies by club, but this was a recent DEN UC report
Originally Posted by Michilander
Turns out they pre-plated and shrink wrapped some of the items normally on the buffet and came around with a cart to offer those. Cold items only. Some pre-packaged drinks and fruit cups are out, along with shrink wrapped apples and cereal bars. All drink machines are down, but the bar is serving coffee, water. Didn't ask about booze. All in all, I have to say they have done a pretty good job for the circumstances.
Ismilee likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
For understandable health reasons, no UCs have buffets. It varies by club, but this was a recent DEN UC report
I had the same experience at HNL and ORD F Club with the pre-plated food being carted around and offered. The person pushing the cart asked us not to touch the items...they would place them on the table for us. While there was no hot food I thought this was a nice way to handle the situation. Coffee machines remained in operation and bars were open.
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
I am flying out of ORD for first time since March tomorrow. Any updates on current food/beverage offerings in the UC, especially breakfast?
Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
ORD B6 is only club open. Boiled eggs (packaged), yogurt, fruit cocktail cups, OJ cups, and packaged junk foods (Oreos/RitzBits/etc) is the extent of the breakfast offerings lately.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 8:25 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
ORD B6 UC is rather pleasant this AM, though I guess it would be slow on a normal Thursday at 9AM. The hard boiled eggs are actually the perfect "breakfast" for me. No sign of any service changes. Asked my favorite bartender about any word from his company about when they may open another Club and he said he would guess June. He did mentioned that they brought back 3-4 more bartenders who had been furloughed last year about a month ago so they can have better coverage in busier times. At least that was good to hear because I still don't think my 2nd and 3rd favorite bartenders at ORD have been on staff since the reduction.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by LIH
ORD B6 UC is rather pleasant this AM, though I guess it would be slow on a normal Thursday at 9AM. The hard boiled eggs are actually the perfect "breakfast" for me. No sign of any service changes. Asked my favorite bartender about any word from his company about when they may open another Club and he said he would guess June. He did mentioned that they brought back 3-4 more bartenders who had been furloughed last year about a month ago so they can have better coverage in busier times. At least that was good to hear because I still don't think my 2nd and 3rd favorite bartenders at ORD have been on staff since the reduction.
Was a madhouse a couple Fridays ago around 5pm, definitely a strain on bartenders.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Was a madhouse a couple Fridays ago around 5pm, definitely a strain on bartenders.
It's currently a madhouse.... Basically a standing room only situation. People are roaming around the club waiting for a seat to open up. One of the seating sections in front of me has 33 places to sit and 24 are currently occupied. All that's left are middle seats and middle tables.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 12:31 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
One of my 'friends' who is a UC agent at ORD said that they're working on opening the F Club, with a goal of 'mid-April'. No plans to open C or B18 any time soon. This is great news if accurate!
rflor, atword and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
One of my 'friends' who is a UC agent at ORD said that they're working on opening the F Club, with a goal of 'mid-April'. No plans to open C or B18 any time soon. This is great news if accurate!
that would be good. I flew through ORD last week and was actually shocked that only the B6 club was open for all of UA, and of course it was completely packed.
atword likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 2:58 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
I meant to include in my OP that she also said they don't expect Polaris to open at ORD until sometime in 2022.

I did update this thread's wiki with the current hours for the B club that is open, and marked the rest as closed.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
ORD lounge access advice. Today and onward

I have a bunch of lounge passes from my ua credit card. Typically they expire before I can use them. I have along layover between connecting flights today and I be heard that some lounges are restricted with regards to how long you can spent and whether they even take passes right now. Not to mention which ORD lounge might be the best to hang out at for a few hours on a Sunday. Not looking for a lot of food and drink but maybe a little to escape from the insanity these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.