Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks** Closed on January 2022
NEW C10 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C10

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Old Mar 18, 2023, 10:11 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by paule123
Yep, charging outlets on the floor next to the window tables. Nice touch.

Is that a USB-C outlet below the USB-A?
Old Mar 19, 2023, 10:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DELee
[...]
If you are referring to the Polaris Lounge in C, you will need to hold a business class ticket on United 016 stock [...]
My travel isn't for some months, so many things could change. My itinerary is AMS-ORD in Polaris with United 016 ticket number and 2:50 layover until a fight that, if it departed yesterday, would have departed from concourse F. If things do not change (hah!) and I clear customs in a timely fashion, should I try to visit the Polaris lounge in C and then move to F or just go straight to F? Would I normally be able to clear customs in a timely fashion? (I have Global Entry.) Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by serpens
My travel isn't for some months, so many things could change. My itinerary is AMS-ORD in Polaris with United 016 ticket number and 2:50 layover until a fight that, if it departed yesterday, would have departed from concourse F. If things do not change (hah!) and I clear customs in a timely fashion, should I try to visit the Polaris lounge in C and then move to F or just go straight to F? Would I normally be able to clear customs in a timely fashion? (I have Global Entry.) Thanks.
A brisk walk from C to F is about 20 minutes, and there is no security barrier.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 11:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
A brisk walk from C to F is about 20 minutes, and there is no security barrier.
Thank you. I realized I phrased my question poorly, returned to this thread to improve it, and you had already done a good job answering it.

Of course, I should have asked, "If my departure terminal (F) does not change, how much time will I need to visit the Polaris Lounge?" I assume the travel from T5 (arrival) to C is only slightly more than the travel to F, and the minimum time I would want to have for finding the lounge and visiting it is a half hour. I will have checked bags, and I assume I will reclaim them at T5 and that I can recheck them at C even if I am departing from F. Are those reasonable assumptions? Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Thank you. I realized I phrased my question poorly, returned to this thread to improve it, and you had already done a good job answering it.

Of course, I should have asked, "If my departure terminal (F) does not change, how much time will I need to visit the Polaris Lounge?" I assume the travel from T5 (arrival) to C is only slightly more than the travel to F, and the minimum time I would want to have for finding the lounge and visiting it is a half hour. I will have checked bags, and I assume I will reclaim them at T5 and that I can recheck them at C even if I am departing from F. Are those reasonable assumptions? Thanks.
Actually, you will recheck the bags at T5 after clearing customs and immigration. Then you'll take the ATS to Terminal 1, clear security (Clear and PreCheck available) and then walk from B to C to access the Polaris lounge. I did this in December and it took me a total of 40 minutes from plane door to Polaris lounge entrance.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 11:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Actually, you will recheck the bags at T5 after clearing customs and immigration. Then you'll take the ATS to Terminal 1, clear security (Clear and PreCheck available) and then walk from B to C to access the Polaris lounge. I did this in December and it took me a total of 40 minutes from plane door to Polaris lounge entrance.
Thank you. Good information.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 12:30 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Thank you. Good information.
And is your next flight mainline or a UX partner? Mainline could easily move back to B/C; UX partners are more unlikely to move
Old Mar 20, 2023, 7:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lilpisher
And is your next flight mainline or a UX partner? Mainline could easily move back to B/C; UX partners are more unlikely to move
UX partner, sigh.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 1K
If you land in time and get out of T5 quickly, definitely head over to the Polaris lounge for a quick shower and beverage. Then head over to the UC in T2 when ready to wait out last few min before boarding. I would put the walk closer to 12-15 min max.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 11:29 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by wpcoe
Is that a USB-C outlet below the USB-A?
The outlet had Legrand branding on it, so I assume it's this USB A / USB C combo:
https://www.legrand.us/wiring-device.../p/tr20usbac6w
SPN Lifer and wpcoe like this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Actually, you will recheck the bags at T5 after clearing customs and immigration. Then you'll take the ATS to Terminal 1, clear security (Clear and PreCheck available) and then walk from B to C to access the Polaris lounge.
There's now a bus running post-security between T5 and T1, so re-clearing security in T5 and taking the bus to B1 is an option. It may or may not be faster than the ATS route, but I figured I'd list it here for completeness.
SPN Lifer and CJ99 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
First time in the new C club this afternoon. Wow, is it crowded! I had to work to find a place to sit. And I can't get the wi-fi to work.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 8:14 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by paule123
The outlet had Legrand branding on it, so I assume it's this USB A / USB C combo:
https://www.legrand.us/wiring-device.../p/tr20usbac6w
That's impressive to have USB-C charging ports. I hope that trend continues and spreads.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 6:08 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ms_go
First time in the new C club this afternoon. Wow, is it crowded! I had to work to find a place to sit. And I can't get the wi-fi to work.
Very crowded. To be fair, I skipped it the other day and found the B6 Club really crowded too!

Originally Posted by wpcoe
That's impressive to have USB-C charging ports. I hope that trend continues and spreads.
Yes, USB C. They have them in PHX too!
Old Apr 24, 2023, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Went to the new C10 club at ORD on Saturday around noon. Decent food selection. IIRC the "mains" were Grecian chicken (skinless boneless chicken breast), Pasta puttanesca, Potatoes au gratin, Brussels sprouts. Some cold sandwiches, salad bar, etc. The soups were the poblano tortilla soup and chicken noodle. The Grecian chicken was tender but flavorless, the pasta flavorless as well (no hint of olives, capers or garlic). The au gratin potatoes had an odd orange color like the glop they put on the breakfast frittata in F, but they were tasty.
Club was packed but kept an eagle eye for someone vacating a table by the windows and got one.
The automated gate thing worked well for bringing in myself and a guest. Helpful agent was there to guide people checking in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.