Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6 5:45 a.m. - 7:45 p.m. **Limited food, but getting increasingly better. Note the reduced operating hours.**

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks**

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2021, 5:57 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sabre1041
I spoke with a few agents at the B6 club on Friday and they had no idea when any of the other clubs would open
Originally Posted by nyr2299
Spoke to one last week and they said the current setup will be the status quo for "a while." Whatever that means.
FWIW yesterday when speaking to an agent at the B8 UC they said they plan to have the C UC open next month. Hopefully this is true as B8 is getting really crowded.
legalalien likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
A few minutes ago, a UA supervisor in ORD Terminal C said that UC C has not been open during Covid and he has no official word on an opening date.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 12:19 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
FWIW yesterday when speaking to an agent at the B8 UC they said they plan to have the C UC open next month. Hopefully this is true as B8 is getting really crowded.
Had 2 agents (on separate occasions) tell me that F would be the next to open. I was told this in Feb and once again in Mar, both saying it would be open 'by mid-April'. That intel was bad. Hoping yours is more concrete!
Old May 20, 2021, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Had 2 agents (on separate occasions) tell me that F would be the next to open. I was told this in Feb and once again in Mar, both saying it would be open 'by mid-April'. That intel was bad. Hoping yours is more concrete!
I will be in ORD UC B6 tomorrow and will ask again.

F works for me, especially if I have a connection on AA.

Opening C 16 would inundate UC with questions about the PL opening.

B18 would help with overflow from B6.

ORD has no CL, no PP unless you are flying INTL from T5.

IAD, IAH and LAX are great for UA *A and PP because we can access INTL lounges while flying domestic.

ORD is terrible.
Old May 21, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Originally Posted by Guate87
I will be in ORD UC B6 tomorrow and will ask again.

Opening C 16 would inundate UC with questions about the PL opening.

B18 would help with overflow from B6.

ORD has no CL, no PP unless you are flying INTL from T5.

IAD, IAH and LAX are great for UA *A and PP because we can access INTL lounges while flying domestic.

ORD is terrible.
The C16 club sucks do the lack of a full bar.

After 4 trips out of ORD in the last 2 weeks, the B6 club is way overcorwded at peak times. The T2 United Club should be next on the list.
EWR764 likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by ordogg
The C16 club sucks do the lack of a full bar.
I think that, pre-Covid, the purpose of the UC C16 was to make the PL seem awesome by comparison.

If ORD had a CL or easily available PP, I might never go to a UC there. UC ORD are minimally acceptable only because there are no other options for UA pax.
Old May 21, 2021, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think that, pre-Covid, the purpose of the UC C16 was to make the PL seem awesome by comparison.

If ORD had a CL or easily available PP, I might never go to a UC there. UC ORD are minimally acceptable only because there are no other options for UA pax.
There used to be a much larger, better C club, but when they built the PL they cannibalized the space. I think they must have felt it would be a step too far to leave C completely without a Club, so they carved out a 'shotgun house' of one to keep something listed in that concourse.
Old May 21, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by fumje
There used to be a much larger, better C club, but when they built the PL they cannibalized the space. I think they must have felt it would be a step too far to leave C completely without a Club, so they carved out a 'shotgun house' of one to keep something listed in that concourse.
Pre-covid, there was a plan in place to build out/up the C club to make it more like B6/F. I believe construction had been started in adjacent space. Not sure if that is still the plan, or if it’s been scrapped.
Old May 21, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by fumje
Yea the old C club was huge. If you go way back you might remember the old smoking section which later on became the "quiet" room.
cranky1K and tcdtcd like this.
Old May 21, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Was told today at ORD another club is opening Monday... assuming it’s C.
tcdtcd likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 1:40 pm

ORD UC T1 C16 opens Monday, May 24

During checkin a few minutes ago, the UA employees at ORD UC T1 B6 told me UC T1 C16 opens Monday, May 24.

Both said it is due to the large number of international flights.
SPN Lifer and EWR764 like this.
Old May 21, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
During checkin a few minutes ago, the UA employees at ORD UC T1 B6 told me UC T1 C16 opens Monday, May 24.

Both said it is due to the large number of international flights.
Hopefully the increase in international travel justifies reopening the Polaris Lounge in the next month or so.
Guate87 likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Hopefully the increase in international travel justifies reopening the Polaris Lounge in the next month or so.
Polaris seems quite doomed for some time to come. Internation flights are deader than a door nail.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 22, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Only works of the connection is to or from AA, since you need a same-day flight on UA to enter.

F would work for me too, since F gates are a farther treck from B6 than C gates, though not by much. Alas, nobody asked us. 😜

I'll take any additional club capacity at ORD though. With domestic travel increasing almost to pre-covid levels, club capacity should be getting there, too.
SPN Lifer and Guate87 like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 3:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
C16 now shows open on United.com. Hours 5 AM to 9 PM, "Limited Drink Options" and "Grab and Go Snacks" are listed as amenities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.