Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks** Closed on January 2022
NEW C10 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C10

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Old Feb 6, 2023, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by SS255
Somebodyís high hopes for a fat bonus for coming up with the idea of using robots to replace humans in the UCís are probably now dashed.
I suspect that 'somebody' is really management continually pushing teams at United to come up with ways to reduce staffing

They've been trying to do so for years - and to be honest I think there are lots of places where they in theory would operate just as well with automation over staff. I just wish they'd focus in the areas where it doesn't degrade passenger experience vs. trying it equally across all areas of the business...

They piloted automated boarding gates at BOS ~7 years ago (they are still there) but I didn't notice a long-term reduction in gate agent staffing. At the time, the agents were intentionally sabotaging the equipment, reporting it broken, not using it, etc. to prevent a permanent reduction in gate agent staffing.

IMO these clubs get too crowded for robots to be of much value (and the capacity of robots isn't that large) but we'll see if they stick.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by n8-the-gr8
I suspect that 'somebody' is really management continually pushing teams at United to come up with ways to reduce staffing

They've been trying to do so for years - and to be honest I think there are lots of places where they in theory would operate just as well with automation over staff. I just wish they'd focus in the areas where it doesn't degrade passenger experience vs. trying it equally across all areas of the business...

They piloted automated boarding gates at BOS ~7 years ago (they are still there) but I didn't notice a long-term reduction in gate agent staffing. At the time, the agents were intentionally sabotaging the equipment, reporting it broken, not using it, etc. to prevent a permanent reduction in gate agent staffing.

IMO these clubs get too crowded for robots to be of much value (and the capacity of robots isn't that large) but we'll see if they stick.
Or get stuck.

David
Old Feb 14, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K
There's a chef's table at the C club today right next to the kiosks with Pork Chops with Praline Sauce. Pork chop is tender and the sauce is amazing so shout out to Chef Jerl and whoever's idea it is!

Last edited by leftysauce; Feb 14, 2023 at 3:26 pm
Old Feb 19, 2023, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by DELee
With the new club open, would be interested to hear if the clubs in B are less busy from those who are doing any of the club loops.

David
Confirmed - B6 club less busy than C now.

Connecting segment forced me to go from C to B.

B6 UC, 02/13/23:

David
Old Feb 20, 2023, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I flew into C last night and figured I'd try out the renovated C17 club before I made the walk over to B for the ride home.

Overall, I think it's a great space and I'm pleased to finally see it open. It was fairly full, though I was able to find several places to sit and ultimately settled on a table by the window so I could see a 788 departing for its TATL flight.

The food selection was very good, especially compared to the poor food options I had a few hours earlier at DCA. They had sausage links, the macaroni (pictured above), potato wedges and a veggie dish with chopped carrots, Brussels sprouts and more. The standard salad items and the two soups were chicken and rice or a southwestern. I had the Daisy Cutter Pale Ale again (tried it a few weeks ago at the B club) and it paired well with the meal.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Confirmed - B6 club less busy than C now.

Connecting segment forced me to go from C to B.

B6 UC, 02/13/23:

img
img
img
img
img
img
img
img
img
img
img
img
img
img

David
Is the chicken caesar warp for feeding the robots?

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I flew into C last night and figured I'd try out the renovated C17 club before I made the walk over to B for the ride home.

Overall, I think it's a great space and I'm pleased to finally see it open. It was fairly full, though I was able to find several places to sit and ultimately settled on a table by the window so I could see a 788 departing for its TATL flight.

The food selection was very good, especially compared to the poor food options I had a few hours earlier at DCA. They had sausage links, the macaroni (pictured above), potato wedges and a veggie dish with chopped carrots, Brussels sprouts and more. The standard salad items and the two soups were chicken and rice or a southwestern. I had the Daisy Cutter Pale Ale again (tried it a few weeks ago at the B club) and it paired well with the meal.
Try the Zombie Dust next time. Only at C club.
FriendlySkies likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by fumje
Try the Zombie Dust next time. Only at C club.
I'll try it in two weeks! Luckily on this visit there weren't any killer robots bumping into guests Just folks throwing up in the bathroom
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by leftysauce
There's a chef's table at the C club today right next to the kiosks with Pork Chops with Praline Sauce. Pork chop is tender and the sauce is amazing so shout out to Chef Jerl and whoever's idea it is!

That's amazing! That's better than anything I've seen at the SFO UCs. They had a noodle bar in the third week of January that looks similar to LAX T7 pictures posted here. It sure doesn't compare to what's offered at ORD UC C!
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:21 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, QR Silver, DL Silver
C was noticeably busier yesterday over B6. IMO, no reason to head over there unless youíre flying out of C
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by United747
C was noticeably busier yesterday over B6. IMO, no reason to head over there unless youíre flying out of C
If I have the time and they're only serving pork chops in C, why not? Then I'll just head to a quieter UC.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 4:51 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, QR Silver, DL Silver
Originally Posted by lsquare
If I have the time and they're only serving pork chops in C, why not? Then I'll just head to a quieter UC.
To me, itís not worth it just for a piece of pork.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by United747
To me, itís not worth it just for a piece of pork.
It's worth it for me.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 5:35 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
The new C club already needs to be expanded, as there was no where to sit on the past three visits.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
The new C club already needs to be expanded, as there was no where to sit on the past three visits.
Literally not one single seat open, or some different criterion?
Old Mar 5, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: UA: 1P; Bonvoy: Gold; IHG: Plat; HH: Silver; DL, AA: Gen. Member
Does anyone know if they have discontinued the meat balls? I was in the B6 UC twice last week and they only had mac and cheese. I actually liked the meatballs over the sausage in C.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.