Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks** Closed on January 2022
NEW C10 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C10

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Old Oct 15, 2022, 9:16 am
  #106  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Posts: 1,480
Originally Posted by fumje
Maybe, but from the 'vision statements' I've seen, I don't think it's in coming the near future (within 5 years). The new T1 is supposed to be finished before anything happens to T2.
I'm pretty sure that back when the Global Terminal was announced, it was scheduled to be completed by 2028. Obviously not happening now, so I wonder what's the new timeline is.

Originally Posted by fumje
And given the placement of the vacated SC, I think relatively speaking it wouldn't be too expensive to expand into it. The extra space would be well used, at least per my most recent F club experiences.
I haven't been to the DL club in a while, but from what I recall, it's on the first floor, while UC is next to it, but on the second floor. There are some offices under UC, so I suppose they could be moved around to accommodate the consolidation?

Last edited by legalalien; Oct 15, 2022 at 9:26 am
legalalien is online now  
Old Oct 15, 2022, 11:42 am
  #107  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,794
Originally Posted by legalalien
I'm pretty sure that back when the Global Terminal was announced, it was scheduled to be completed by 2028. Obviously not happening now, so I wonder what's the new timeline is.


I haven't been to the DL club in a while, but from what I recall, it's on the first floor, while UC is next to it, but on the second floor. There are some offices under UC, so I suppose they could be moved around to accommodate the consolidation?
I think they might actually overlap slightly (UC above / SC below) on the far side from each respective entrance, but I can't say for certain. If they don't, they aren't far, so while it's not as simple as just taking out a wall, I think it would be a smaller project than, for example, what they are doing to expand at C.
SPN Lifer likes this.
fumje is offline  
Old Oct 15, 2022, 12:26 pm
  #108  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Posts: 828
Also agree an expansion would be welcome, especially with more mainline flights out of T2. Assume that will increase the number of folks who want access.
sobore and goodeats21 like this.
lilpisher is offline  
Old Oct 15, 2022, 9:56 pm
  #109  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,192
Originally Posted by legalalien
That would be a nice addition, but isn't T2 getting torn down to make room for the new fancy terminal in some relatively near future?
I thought the same thing. My understanding is two remote terminals will be built to relocate T2 traffic, whereupon T2 will be torn down and rebuilt as New Global Terminal over the next 5-10 years. DL should be relocating to T5 pretty soon. When all this is done, ORD will have ~40 additional gates. Will be interesting to see how many new gates for UA. AA has been divesting lately.
AirbusFan2B is offline  
Old Oct 15, 2022, 10:20 pm
  #110  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ORD / PHX
Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Posts: 1,385
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
I thought the same thing. My understanding is two remote terminals will be built to relocate T2 traffic, whereupon T2 will be torn down and rebuilt as New Global Terminal over the next 5-10 years. DL should be relocating to T5 pretty soon. When all this is done, ORD will have ~40 additional gates. Will be interesting to see how many new gates for UA. AA has been divesting lately.
DL already relocated to T5 last week.
10 new gates were added to T5, and expansion/renovation largely done.

Yes, 2 satellite terminals are being added beyond T1 B/C, and T2 will be demolished for the Global Terminal, allegedly will be the largest terminal in USA. 45-50 net gate increase in T1/GT in addition to the 10 in T5.
SPN Lifer, sobore, lsquare and 1 others like this.
tcdtcd is offline  
Old Oct 16, 2022, 2:04 pm
  #111  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: UA 1K, QR Silver, DL Silver
Posts: 4,282
I dont know the actual square footage, but the Skyclub feels a lot smaller than the UC above it
goodeats21 and LIH like this.
United747 is online now  
Old Oct 17, 2022, 7:09 pm
  #112  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Posts: 828
Originally Posted by United747
I dont know the actual square footage, but the Skyclub feels a lot smaller than the UC above it
Agree its a lot smaller - I can only imagine it would be an addition to as opposed to replacement. I could see them potentially adding another escalator and keeping the main level to increase capacity.
lilpisher is offline  
Old Oct 17, 2022, 9:57 pm
  #113  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 2,465
Originally Posted by lilpisher
Agree its a lot smaller - I can only imagine it would be an addition to as opposed to replacement. I could see them potentially adding another escalator and keeping the main level to increase capacity.
I'm 99% sure the current SC far end from the entrance butts up to the lobby of the F club. This being the case, UA could take over the space and add additional club space on the lower level, and since DL probably built out a proper kitchen, this would help the offerings there. An entrance from the E gates as it stands today from the existing DL club would make sense too.

Is there any UA club with multiple entrances? I can't think of one...
nevansm is offline  
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:16 am
  #114  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, NY
Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Posts: 9,491
Another United Club Fly?
EWR764 is offline  
Old Oct 18, 2022, 3:06 am
  #115  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DAY
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Posts: 10,269
Originally Posted by nevansm
I'm 99% sure the current SC far end from the entrance butts up to the lobby of the F club. This being the case, UA could take over the space and add additional club space on the lower level, and since DL probably built out a proper kitchen, this would help the offerings there. An entrance from the E gates as it stands today from the existing DL club would make sense too.

Is there any UA club with multiple entrances? I can't think of one...
Knowing United, they will not want to pay someone to staff a 2nd entrance to a club. They will prefer we walk around.
goodeats21 is offline  
Old Oct 18, 2022, 7:53 am
  #116  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: MBS/FNT/LAN
Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Posts: 9,643
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Knowing United, they will not want to pay someone to staff a 2nd entrance to a club. They will prefer we walk around.
Although, "knowing United"... they may move to the automated entry that was rolled out at the new EWR club.
elitefreak likes this.
jhayes_1780 is offline  
Old Oct 18, 2022, 7:57 am
  #117  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: UA MM
Posts: 4,303
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Although, "knowing United"... they may move to the automated entry that was rolled out at the new EWR club.
If they somehow want to use the entrance to the old DL SC, this would be the perfect place to put an automated entrance. It will get the T2 UC an entrance from both concourses now that, reportedly, UA will be using some of the former DL gates on E.
JimInOhio is offline  
Old Oct 18, 2022, 10:50 am
  #118  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DAY
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Posts: 10,269
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Although, "knowing United"... they may move to the automated entry that was rolled out at the new EWR club.
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
If they somehow want to use the entrance to the old DL SC, this would be the perfect place to put an automated entrance. It will get the T2 UC an entrance from both concourses now that, reportedly, UA will be using some of the former DL gates on E.
The automated gates are helpful, but I don't think they are ready for completely autonomous entry. Still needs to have a staff member present to monitor, unless things have changed dramatically from when I last used them.
United747 likes this.
goodeats21 is offline  
Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:15 am
  #119  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,291
Latest opinion? Haven't been to B/C clubs for awhile. Arriving in F, lunch time, 3 hour layover, departing from C2. Stay at F or is the C16 club OK?
lamphs is offline  
Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:23 am
  #120  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,794
Originally Posted by lamphs
Latest opinion? Haven't been to B/C clubs for awhile. Arriving in F, lunch time, 3 hour layover, departing from C2. Stay at F or is the C16 club OK?
I would go to B6. It's halfway between F and C, so equally as convenient. Otherwise stay at F. C16 is too crowded.
lamphs likes this.
fumje is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.