Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6 5:45 a.m. - 7:45 p.m. **Limited food, but getting increasingly better. Note the reduced operating hours.**

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks**

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by LIH
Just happened two weeks ago. To me this is the ultimate indication that this "temporary" club is going to be basically permanent. Having a 2-3 year window for planned changes just tells me that they're still in the planning phase of trying to figure out what they want to do and that the logistical challenges of that C concourse have yet to be figured out.
Usually stay well away from the C concourse club and with this news I agree the so called temporary club will at least end up being semi - permanent. Have not been to the ORD PL but if they indeed take over the C16 space It would believe we have to be looking at at least 3 years the way things move at ORD if not more.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by LIH
Just happened two weeks ago. To me this is the ultimate indication that this "temporary" club is going to be basically permanent. Having a 2-3 year window for planned changes just tells me that they're still in the planning phase of trying to figure out what they want to do and that the logistical challenges of that C concourse have yet to be figured out.
The permitting process can take forever there. I recall an agent telling me that's why it took so long for them to open the neutered UC next to the Polaris lounge.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:05 pm
FTA

Which club has the best seats for laying down or at least reclining? Looking for large comfortable seat that can be rearranged or an ottoman. I know only Polaris has the lay down lounge thing. Thank you
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FTA
Which club has the best seats for laying down or at least reclining? Looking for large comfortable seat that can be rearranged or an ottoman. I know only Polaris has the lay down lounge thing. Thank you
Lying down is officially verboten in UA clubs (Rule #10 ) and I don't think it's encouraged to rearrange the furniture...I think all of the locations except possibly C have the large "eggshell" chairs which are probably your best bet; otherwise the majority of furniture is the boxy arm chair or generic table seating/stools -- I can relax in the boxy arm chair but I don't know that I'd go so far as to call it "reclining"

Edited to add: F and B10 have some booth-y seating in the back corners that you might get away with turning into a bed if the lounge is deserted enough and the agents aren't paying attention. But I've never seen either of those clubs that deserted.
FTA likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FTA
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Lying down is officially verboten in UA clubs (Rule #10 ) and I don't think it's encouraged to rearrange the furniture...I think all of the locations except possibly C have the large "eggshell" chairs which are probably your best bet; otherwise the majority of furniture is the boxy arm chair or generic table seating/stools -- I can relax in the boxy arm chair but I don't know that I'd go so far as to call it "reclining"

Edited to add: F and B10 have some booth-y seating in the back corners that you might get away with turning into a bed if the lounge is deserted enough and the agents aren't paying attention. But I've never seen either of those clubs that deserted.
There are long booth seats in the F club, and I have seen people napping there. I have also seen naps interrupted there. So I wouldn't count on it.
FTA likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat | *G
The B6 club is closed right now (2:30p on a Saturday)... attendant said it was due to Lufthansa departure filling up the club to capacity so I imagine the same was true of B18. Is this common? First time I’ve run into this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ROCUAflyer
The B6 club is closed right now (2:30p on a Saturday)... attendant said it was due to Lufthansa departure filling up the club to capacity so I imagine the same was true of B18. Is this common? First time I’ve run into this.
I've never seen B6 fill before, I have seen B18 fill. (as well as the one in C.) They usually try to temper traffic by denying Chase members access first before outright denying anyone access. With a full membership I'd be quite upset that I was denied access.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ROCUAflyer
Wow. That’s a long way away from the LH gates. I wonder if B18 filled and closed first.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Best ORD UA club

Please merge if needed.

Is one lounge better than others for food (not including Polaris)6

I remember a while back, the C lounge did not have hot food, so I've been going to the B lounges. Today, after the third time in a row in the past month of getting swedish meatballs at B8, I decided to give C a try and noticed they did have a hot dish (chicken pasta?). They only had disposable silverware for some reason. I remember getting Italian beef once at B18.

I realize the food isnt great, I'm just trying to determine if one is better than the others.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
The two in B are the best, the one in C is the worst
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by getagb
The two in B are the best, the one in C is the worst
I would just add that there’s nothing wrong with the offering in the F8 club; moreover, it has a great view of the airfield. As for the C16 club, I believe it’s been taking UA two years so far to reconstruct it due to PL expansion so no hot entrées and rudimentary spirits only.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
I would just add that there’s nothing wrong with the offering in the F8 club; moreover, it has a great view of the airfield. As for the C16 club, I believe it’s been taking UA two years so far to reconstruct it due to PL expansion so no hot entrées and rudimentary spirits only.
The last I was there, I remember hot food has returned but still only beer/wine.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
The last I was there, I remember hot food has returned but still only beer/wine.
There are the normal rail spirits now as well. Had some Evan Williams just the other day. No ice at the bar though, have to go to the freestyle machine.
JimInOhio likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Agree F8 has grat views

As mentioned in my OP, C does have hot food. Today it was some sort of chicken alfredo pasta dish. Luke warm, overcooked. I preferred the swedish meatballs at B6, but I was getting tired of it. Three times in a row in the span of a month. Either my luck is really that bad or I need to try another lounge.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:17 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
C is objectively the worst. It's too small, too crowded and a lot of the seats are now in a dimly lit area. There's also a really tiny bar.

I think the low B one is slightly better than the high B one because it's larger and has a really nice bar area but neither are anything special. I still contend the T2 (E/F) Club is the best because of the views and the design of the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.