Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6 5:45 a.m. - 7:45 p.m. **Limited food, but getting increasingly better. Note the reduced operating hours.**

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks**

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:41 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Had several agents at ORD tell me yesterday that the new C Club is reopening this Friday, Jan 26, 2018.

Apparently, it’s kind of temporary, they said it’s only going to have 200 seats and will not have hot food. (Not sure on perspective for comparison purposes how big “200 seats” actually is). Anyway, they said that a completely new and bigger club will open in 2019.

Im passing through on Friday, and just might have to check it out!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Had several agents at ORD tell me yesterday that the new C Club is reopening this Friday, Jan 26, 2018.

Apparently, it’s kind of temporary, they said it’s only going to have 200 seats and will not have hot food. (Not sure on perspective for comparison purposes how big “200 seats” actually is). Anyway, they said that a completely new and bigger club will open in 2019.

Have been hearing the same from several of my ORD UC angels over the past two or three weeks. From what I’ve been told, don’t expect it to be much different in size than it was before they closed it. I’ll be sticking to the existing B6/B18/F8 locations.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Just passed by tonight. It is not open yet -- see the sign.

United Club WiFi was however emminating from the new lounge area...
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler

This is outrageous! So they close the lounge for several months, and now will open it back up, most likely in the same space, and it's going to be another year until they finally finish construction of the larger lounge? Wow!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by jayzala
This is outrageous! So they close the lounge for several months, and now will open it back up, most likely in the same space, and it's going to be another year until they finally finish construction of the larger lounge? Wow!
It’s tough to deal with the constraints of airport construction.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:57 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by villox

It’s tough to deal with the constraints of airport construction.
Especially given that I've heard the "permanent" renovation would include another floor. Complete headache for a Chicago municipal installation.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by LIH
Especially given that I've heard the "permanent" renovation would include another floor. Complete headache for a Chicago municipal installation.
The person I was talking to last night at one of the B clubs said that the C club will be reopening this Friday. It will be a temporary club, but that they're also going to be building an entirely new club in C. Given that it's Chicago, and that it's airport-based construction, I would expect it to be at least 2 years before that project is complete. This person didn't mention anything about hot food (or the lack thereof), but did say that it will not be a full bar in the new C club -- beer and wine only.

-mvitale
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I asked at the B club today and was told Monday
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by mvitale
The person I was talking to last night at one of the B clubs said that the C club will be reopening this Friday. It will be a temporary club, but that they're also going to be building an entirely new club in C. Given that it's Chicago, and that it's airport-based construction, I would expect it to be at least 2 years before that project is complete. This person didn't mention anything about hot food (or the lack thereof), but did say that it will not be a full bar in the new C club -- beer and wine only.

-mvitale
I noticed yesterday that both the mens and womens restrooms across from (I believe) C15/C17 were boarded up with a sign that said 'closed for renovations.' As I think about it, the board-up area seemed kind of excessive for simply renovating washrooms. Possible location of new UC? Hmm...
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by onthesam
I noticed yesterday that both the mens and womens restrooms across from (I believe) C15/C17 were boarded up with a sign that said 'closed for renovations.' As I think about it, the board-up area seemed kind of excessive for simply renovating washrooms. Possible location of new UC? Hmm...
They did say no hot food in the new UC for a while. So maybe this is where the kitchen will eventually go?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Possibly of interest: there is currently an employee only kickoff of the new space today. An employee there confirmed it will open at 4:30am tomorrow and also gave me this additional info:

The construction by gate C15 is a much larger space and will indeed be the new, permanent home of the C concourse United Club. Once the new Club opens, the current plan is to close this temporary location and convert the space to a Polaris club expansion.

I peeked inside the doors and it looks pretty nice (doesn’t look “temporary”) - although it does look pretty small.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Ill be thru tomorrow and will try to report.
getagb likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:02 pm

I am at the C16 club right now. Actually flying out of C16 today.

The club is open. Lots of people, it is at about 75% capacity.

True, to no hot food yet; but everything else is in place.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: 1K
Originally Posted by getagb
Possibly of interest: there is currently an employee only kickoff of the new space today. An employee there confirmed it will open at 4:30am tomorrow and also gave me this additional info:

The construction by gate C15 is a much larger space and will indeed be the new, permanent home of the C concourse United Club. Once the new Club opens, the current plan is to close this temporary location and convert the space to a Polaris club expansion.

I peeked inside the doors and it looks pretty nice (doesn’t look “temporary”) - although it does look pretty small.
Went in this morning prior to my flight. I think they did a nice job giving the space constraints. It didn't appear to look "tempotary" however I could see how that space could turn into addt'l Polaris space if the above is true. Here are some poor quality pictures. sorry was in a hurry.
Not sure why the pictures zoomed in when I attached them, they show a lot more or are zoomed out on my phone.

Last edited by SkiPremier; Jan 26, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
I was in there around 1pm, and it was packed, standing room only.

Other then creating 4 workstations at the entrance, and a lot of marble/tile work. I am at a total loss to figure out what took so long to open this or call it a renovation. Only thing I can come up with is some sort of permit problem, or structural issue.

Just SMH over this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.