Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6 5:45 a.m. - 7:45 p.m. **Limited food, but getting increasingly better. Note the reduced operating hours.**

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks**

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

wonder if this space will equilibrate, similar to how the SFO 60's club was SRO for quite a while after opening, but seems to be OK if not totally pleasant nowadays.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:20 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Totally uninhabitable yesterday (SRO) at ~1PM when I landed from my LGA > ORD flight. Since they moved us from B6 to C10 on approach I decided to swing by and take a look. I echo that, outside of it now looking like the other clubs from a finish perspective, it's basically the same thing that existed before they closed it. Certainly won't hurt the B club capacity though. I really wish ORD had better restaurant options like the new wing at SFO. I rarely even go to the SFO clubs anymore and if I was flying out of C and had a decent place to sit and eat I would happily pay to do so.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LIH
Totally uninhabitable yesterday (SRO) at ~1PM when I landed from my LGA > ORD flight. Since they moved us from B6 to C10 on approach I decided to swing by and take a look. I echo that, outside of it now looking like the other clubs from a finish perspective, it's basically the same thing that existed before they closed it. Certainly won't hurt the B club capacity though. I really wish ORD had better restaurant options like the new wing at SFO. I rarely even go to the SFO clubs anymore and if I was flying out of C and had a decent place to sit and eat I would happily pay to do so.
There are a few nice options, but unfortunately all outside of Terminal 1 (e.g. Publican, Wicker Park Sushi), and you're right that they don't compare to SFO. Also I saw they're adding a Wicker Park Sushi (and a remodeled Starbucks) to Terminal 1, Concourse C near gate C7 so I'm trying to stay optimistic
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:45 pm

Angry

My inclination, after putting up with over a year of United Club Renovations (ORD, EWR, IAH, FLL, and elsewhere), is to not renew membership until United settles down all of the closures and temporary spaces, and go with day passes to any club when it is located conveniently. What is available from United, often some distance from departure gates, is often little better than what can be had from general vendors in the open concourse. What's the benefit of paying a fee for disappointment or annoyance?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:02 am

Was just at C16 club. Didn’t realize it had reopened. There’s no hot food. Staff unsure if it will ever materialize. You would think Polaris kitchen could be shared with UC. Nice club otherwise.
kirkwoodj likes this.

Last edited by AirbusFan2B; Feb 21, 2018 at 12:13 pm
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Was just at C16 club. Didn’t realize it had reopened. There’s no hot food. Staff unsure if it will ever materialize. You would think Polaris kitchen could be shared with UC. Nice club othereise.
The chances that the Polaris Kitchen could be shared with that UC club are very low. I'm sure the Polaris Kitchen cooks feel they are very busy as it is. The C16 UC must also not have a way to clean stuff as when I was there 2 weeks ago, the utensils were plastic. Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that on another thread some times ago, they said the C16 UC will expand to include a kitchen.

Anyways, two weeks ago, I spent 7 hours in the C16 UC because I was too lazy to walk back to the B16 UC or the F8 UC. I only ate two bananas and two oranges. In retrospect, I should have gone to the F8 UC which is the UC that I like best in ORD.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: None yet
I dropped by the T2-F club today on 2/23 and I was surprised that there was a desk with cheese board and Macallan single malt tasting.

Also I didn't know they serves hot food (lasagna) in UC until today. Is hot food limited to ORD UC? Apology if it is a old question.

Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond
My paid membership expired Dec 31, 2017 and i did not renew. However, I see that CHASE is running a promo with the United Club card that offers 50k miles with $450 annual fee. However, when i access the offer via my MP account, it offers me no annual fee the first year instead of 50k bonus. I am going to take the offer of no annual fee and kick the can down the road on paid renewal.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
A Saturday in ORD, nothing to report

I had a late week in MKE so travelled MKE ORD YYC on Saturday

i had hours to kill so took an Uber to see the green river behind trump hotel

then back to ord to club hop, went to 3 united clubs F , B and C, tried to access he Polaris club but got bounced by the door-lady

the amount of bad press the UC gets, they are wide open and functioning on all cylinders on a Saturday afternoon, not a busy travel time but a great way to see the actual product.

In B you can pour your own soda! I remember someone asking about that

Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I have an international flight leaving from terminal C tomorrow and star Gold. From the looks of it, none of the C lounges have anything resembling a business centre, do they? I was hoping to get some work done.

Looks like the only one with designated PC stations is the Swiss lounge in T5 which isn't connected, so that's probably too much pain for me to bother.

Any advice/anything I've overlooked?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I have an international flight leaving from terminal C tomorrow and star Gold. From the looks of it, none of the C lounges have anything resembling a business centre, do they? I was hoping to get some work done.

Looks like the only one with designated PC stations is the Swiss lounge in T5 which isn't connected, so that's probably too much pain for me to bother.

Any advice/anything I've overlooked?
You want to use a computer installed in the lounge? I think now most people use their own laptops, and as such the United Clubs do not have public desktop computers. They dohowever have printers, and wifi is available throughout; in the B concourse clubs there are also dedicated 'phone rooms' than can also be computer rooms if you have your own computer.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
You want to use a computer installed in the lounge? I think now most people use their own laptops, and as such the United Clubs do not have public desktop computers. They dohowever have printers, and wifi is available throughout; in the B concourse clubs there are also dedicated 'phone rooms' than can also be computer rooms if you have your own computer.
I'm technically on vacation so I wanted to leave my laptop and work at home. Obviously didn't work out... As such I was hoping to find and use a station.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I'm technically on vacation so I wanted to leave my laptop and work at home. Obviously didn't work out... As such I was hoping to find and use a station.
Unfortunately I think you're out of luck, then. I actually don't recall any computers available at the T5 SWISS lounge, but even if there definitely are, I would labour through emails on a phone or whatever personal device is available rather than make a special trip there.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
Unfortunately I think you're out of luck, then. I actually don't recall any computers available at the T5 SWISS lounge, but even if there definitely are, I would labour through emails on a phone or whatever personal device is available rather than make a special trip there.
Yeah I might have to make do with what I have. Not great but that's what I get for thinking I could unplug on vacation! Thanks for the help, just wanted to see if there was anything I was missing that might have helped.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Got this push alert from the United app last week a few hours before I took a flight that terminated at ORD:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.