Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks** Closed on January 2022
NEW C10 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C10

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by elitefreak
What’s the best choice these days?
The last 10 posts cover that very questions
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:36 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WIRunner
There's going to be a new club at C16? That one isn't that old. very crowded since half of it is now polaris, but still not that old.
Here's a photo I took while pushing back from the C concourse the other day. You can see the bumped-out club and they say it's pretty close to opening.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by legalalien
I think B6 > F8 > B18 > C16 is still valid. I usually just turn left after Premier Pre and go to B6. It's a short walk anywhere in T1.
How is B6 better than B18? I'm at B18 right now and the food spread is very limited. The only hot food at the moment is scrambled eggs and some beef patty. No blackberries! SFO UC Rotunda had blackberries when I arrived one morning.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by lsquare
How is B6 better than B18? I'm at B18 right now and the food spread is very limited.
B6 has two food service areas with slightly different options, each as large or larger than the one in B18.
lsquare and atword like this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Not a frequent UA flier but have a trip next month with a 3.5 hr layover at ORD. UA has offered me a day pass for $50, would this be worth it to get some work done while I'm otherwise sitting at ORD doing nothing? I'd be looking to get breakfast and have my head buried in my laptop for the most part. Or would I be better off just finding a seat at an empty gate and eating at a restaurant?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by legalalien
B6 has two food service areas with slightly different options, each as large or larger than the one in B18.
​​​​
So I visited every UC that I could visit and I would have to disagree with the notion that B6 is better than B18. I had about an 8-hour layover so I got to sample the breakfast and lunch food spread. They're all the same. B6 can get quite busy. IMO, it would be hard to get work done unless you're there during off-peak hours. There is an area in the back of B18 that was quiet for much of my stay there and hence where I spent most of my layover. The wifi was plenty fast and I managed to squeeze in a nap as well. ​​​

Originally Posted by EAJuggalo
Not a frequent UA flier but have a trip next month with a 3.5 hr layover at ORD. UA has offered me a day pass for $50, would this be worth it to get some work done while I'm otherwise sitting at ORD doing nothing? I'd be looking to get breakfast and have my head buried in my laptop for the most part. Or would I be better off just finding a seat at an empty gate and eating at a restaurant?
​​​​​​​I wouldn't. I rather use the money and buy food at a real restaurant. UC food is awful. It's more of a snack than a real meal. The only thing UC may be able to provide is a "working environment". It's for you to decide if that is worth $50.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EAJuggalo
The phone rooms — a relatively private / quiet space to take calls — are the one thing UC has that you can't find in the general terminal. Otherwise you can buy a better breakfast at Starbucks for $20, put on some headphones, and laptop away at an unused gate. With the seating refresh they've done over the past year at ORD, the space is decent as long as it's not about to board a 777.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
The phone rooms — a relatively private / quiet space to take calls — are the one thing UC has that you can't find in the general terminal. Otherwise you can buy a better breakfast at Starbucks for $20, put on some headphones, and laptop away at an unused gate. With the seating refresh they've done over the past year at ORD, the space is decent as long as it's not about to board a 777.
Isn't there a time limit?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lsquare
Isn't there a time limit?
Requested no more than 60 minutes... I've only stepped in for a conference call of maybe 15-20 minutes each (otherwise they're a bit tooooo quiet and I don't like my back/laptop screen facing the public but I've also rarely seen all or even most in use so chances of a lounge agent traffic you out by the collar seem low. One of the features I like in bot older CO and UA clubs are the work carrels where you have a private bit of desk space without the fully enclosed phone booth feeling.

Of course major benefit to the clubs over the general terminal is you can get away with leaving things unattended for a few minutes while picking up or disposing of food without worrying about someone calling it suspicious or running off with it...
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Requested no more than 60 minutes... I've only stepped in for a conference call of maybe 15-20 minutes each (otherwise they're a bit tooooo quiet and I don't like my back/laptop screen facing the public but I've also rarely seen all or even most in use so chances of a lounge agent traffic you out by the collar seem low. One of the features I like in bot older CO and UA clubs are the work carrels where you have a private bit of desk space without the fully enclosed phone booth feeling.

Of course major benefit to the clubs over the general terminal is you can get away with leaving things unattended for a few minutes while picking up or disposing of food without worrying about someone calling it suspicious or running off with it...
Me too! It’s one big reason why I don’t use the booths. I value privacy and hate it when people get nosy.

My favorite UC is SFO Rotunda. It has those cubicles that makes it comfortable to do serious work.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:29 pm
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Longstanding bartender friend Dina in the B6 lounge today told me they've pushed the new C club opening from November to January. Least surprising development ever.
lsquare and goodeats21 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Yup, heard the same from C16 agent. “Supply chain issues”. Just like PHX. 🙄
Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:41 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Been ages since I’ve been to ORD. Remember that some clubs were worse than others, which is the go to currently ? Thanks in advance for your help
Old Sep 15, 2022, 12:15 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Been ages since I’ve been to ORD. Remember that some clubs were worse than others, which is the go to currently ? Thanks in advance for your help
If you read the posts of the last 2 weeks you will find a very active discussion of actually that,
SPN Lifer, lsquare and SKYEG like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Had an acquaintance give me a one day pass for my flight next month. I may need to get some work done while on a 3hr layover. Looks like I will be arriving at F and leaving from C. I think my plan is going to be to hit the club in F, get some work done while snacking and watching planes. I saw a post upthread that F does not have a coke Freestyle machine, is that still true? What is available for soft drinks in F? Is there another club in either B or C where you can planewatch and that does have one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.