Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6 5:45 a.m. - 7:45 p.m. **Limited food, but getting increasingly better. Note the reduced operating hours.**

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks**

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by onthesam
Goes to show -- UA has engendered much skepticism with its cuts under the guise of improvements in recent years. Instead of being excited for whatever they might do to improve the F club, I worry they're going to 'enhance' away the phone booths or perhaps the hot food prep kitchen.
I"m trying to be positive here. the F lounge was one of the first developed using the new style sheet. There are indeed a few things that look a little worn, so maybe they really are just upping their game and taking care of this. This would indicate a real change from the days when one or more of the urinals in the old clubs were always covered with a black trash bag - I really don't remember a point in time where they all worked at the same time.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by milepig
I"m trying to be positive here. the F lounge was one of the first developed using the new style sheet. There are indeed a few things that look a little worn, so maybe they really are just upping their game and taking care of this. This would indicate a real change from the days when one or more of the urinals in the old clubs were always covered with a black trash bag - I really don't remember a point in time where they all worked at the same time.
It's funny, I was just in F last week and noticed that some of the furniture looked a bit long in the tooth, and also that some pieces (like the couches, or smaller chairs) haven't been carried over to other locations. It also opened before the food service program rolled out at the T1 clubs, so the hot plates were added later, rather than built into the service area.

The club is also heavy on the gold, which has been de-emphasized with each successive year of new/renovated club openings. I don't expect any major changes, but it is funny how this, a "new" club is actually up for a refresh... time flies!
Old May 28, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Did theT2/F ever install a Coke Freestyle machine? Self service soda was a big miss when it opened the prior time.

even otherwise I prefer B6
Not as of a couple weeks ago.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Did theT2/F ever install a Coke Freestyle machine? Self service soda was a big miss when it opened the prior time.

even otherwise I prefer B6
My wife tried the Coke Freestyle machine at B6 and did not like what came out of it. We like the B6 but the F8 is also good and convenient for our flights home. I think that, if I would suggest to stop at B6 when we come back from our international long hauls, my wife would say that it doesn't take much more time to make a run to the Polaris Lounge.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
IIRC correctly, it wasn't in the original email about the refresh. But I stumbled across on the website they expect it to open back up Tomorrow (Tuesday):

Chicago O'Hare closure

Beginning Tuesday, May 28, the United Club location in Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 will be closed for maintenance. It will reopen Tuesday, June 4. During this time, you can visit our other locations in Terminal 1 near Gates B6, B18 or C16. Space may be limited at these locations. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
No freestyle machine in F club for me as of early April.
Originally Posted by cawhite

Not as of a couple weeks ago.
Thanks that is not good news. Freestyle belongs everywhere...or at least self serve Coke machines.

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I think that, if I would suggest to stop at B6 when we come back from our international long hauls, my wife would say that it doesn't take much more time to make a run to the Polaris Lounge.
B6 is the best of the ORD UC options. Polaris is on a different tier level altogether. Of course I would choose that over the UC.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/GS, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Can confirm that the F lounge re-opened today. I was in it and didn’t immediately notice anything different about it.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:47 am

Question - I have a United Club pass that came with my credit card that expires in a couple weeks. I am flying Austrian Air out of Terminal 5 today. As Terminal 5 and Terminals 1/2 aren't connected, will they let me through security at Terminal 1 or 2 with a ticket that departs from Terminal 5 so I can go to the United Club?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Amy28
Question - I have a United Club pass that came with my credit card that expires in a couple weeks. I am flying Austrian Air out of Terminal 5 today. As Terminal 5 and Terminals 1/2 aren't connected, will they let me through security at Terminal 1 or 2 with a ticket that departs from Terminal 5 so I can go to the United Club?
Yes, they will. Should they challenge you, simply state you want to go to the United Club. Avoid the C16 club as it lacks hot food and spirits (unless recently changed.) The B6 club is convenient just behind security. It’s one of the best in the system. If you’re flying Austrian in business, there are altogether better clubs for you, notably United’s Polaris Lounge.

There may now be an airside shuttle connecting T3 & T5. Worth inquiring about. T1-T2-T3 are connected airside. Otherwise plan lots of time for usually chuck full security checkpoint at T5 with no TSA-Pre.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:06 am

Thanks for the great tips! Looks like if we go to T3 we can take a bus and avoid going through security at T5.

https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/myf...s/default.aspx
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Amy28
Thanks for the great tips! Looks like if we go to T3 we can take a bus and avoid going through security at T5.

https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/myf...s/default.aspx
Amy, a few have reported the airside bus to T5 now also picks up passengers at T1, gate B1 I believe. It's very close to the United Club across from gate B6
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
The T1-T5 TTB started operating last week and does indeed pick up at B1. Pax will need passport and international BP in order to board. Service ends around 830 or 9pm.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:27 pm

Am I allowed to vent here...

At the UA F Club now. Dozens of flights delayed significantly due to weather. The UC is still quite busy, but it closes at 10 and she made it clear that it closes at 10. Been here since 8:30 or so...the small food bar closest to the escalators was being cleared when I came in. No refills at the larger food bar. Staff walking around cleaning up as if they are leaving at 10 also (just looks towards me while I am still comfortably ensconced in a chair).

I understand that there can not be unlimited hours, but for days like this, some extension of time should be considered.

At least Enterprise is holding an agent until I arrive to pickup my rental, even though arrival is after its closing time!

End of vent and back to your regularly scheduled program.
AceReport likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by lamphs
Am I allowed to vent here...

At the UA F Club now. Dozens of flights delayed significantly due to weather. The UC is still quite busy, but it closes at 10 and she made it clear that it closes at 10. Been here since 8:30 or so...the small food bar closest to the escalators was being cleared when I came in. No refills at the larger food bar. Staff walking around cleaning up as if they are leaving at 10 also (just looks towards me while I am still comfortably ensconced in a chair).

I understand that there can not be unlimited hours, but for days like this, some extension of time should be considered.

At least Enterprise is holding an agent until I arrive to pickup my rental, even though arrival is after its closing time!

End of vent and back to your regularly scheduled program.
Continental was always good about that. I remember an evening in Cleveland where the President's Club stayed open for two more hours because there were about 15 of us that were delayed by an hour. I do miss the CLE hub, such an easy one to connect through.
lincolnjkc and AceReport like this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:17 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WIRunner
Continental was always good about that...
I also remember many an evening in the RCC being held open late due to WX delays. Sadly, I think this is a thing of the past in general as opposed to being UA-specific.

I don't know how the contract for employees worked before (i.e. if they were UA employees or not) but the level of turnover I now see in staff intimates that the third party they use now is not exactly the best job out there for the front-line employees. I do remember RCC bartenders that I saw when I was a kid still being on 10-15-20 years later. Now I generally expect bartenders to turn over in 2-3 years tops at hubs like ORD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.