Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6 5:45 a.m. - 7:45 p.m. **Limited food, but getting increasingly better. Note the reduced operating hours.**

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks**

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2021, 9:14 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
You don't have a choice at ORD; only the club near B6 is open. I can't answer your other questions since I have a club membership.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 9:27 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by mfirst
I have a bunch of lounge passes from my ua credit card. Typically they expire before I can use them. I have along layover between connecting flights today and I be heard that some lounges are restricted with regards to how long you can spent and whether they even take passes right now. Not to mention which ORD lounge might be the best to hang out at for a few hours on a Sunday. Not looking for a lot of food and drink but maybe a little to escape from the insanity these days.
The only Club open is the one by B6. I have a membership so I don't have any direct experience with passes, but my daughter has been able to use her passes without a problem. I am in there at least once a month and have not heard about any time limits, even when quite crowded.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold
What club will be open in Chicago? I have a J flight on Ethiopian from ORD-ADD in June and want to know where to hang out before boarding the flight? Used to be a United Club, I don't know where now. If there are no clubs open then I will time getting to ORD from my hotel to be closer to flight departure time. ET 575 departs at 9:45am.

On the return I have a 5 hour layover coming off ET 574 ADD-ORD in J. I have UC passes from my credit card to use for that visit if a lounge is open. I am going to need a shower after flying over 20 hours, coming home from WDH and a Namibia vacation.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 3:00 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by susiesan
What club will be open in Chicago? I have a J flight on Ethiopian from ORD-ADD in June and want to know where to hang out before boarding the flight? Used to be a United Club, I don't know where now. If there are no clubs open then I will time getting to ORD from my hotel to be closer to flight departure time. ET 575 departs at 9:45am.

On the return I have a 5 hour layover coming off ET 574 ADD-ORD in J. I have UC passes from my credit card to use for that visit if a lounge is open. I am going to need a shower after flying over 20 hours, coming home from WDH and a Namibia vacation.
B8 which is (IIRC) the largest seating-wise of the clubs in ORD. It is possible (perhaps even probable) that another club may be open by June but at the moment that's the only option UA clubwise. The beginning and end of opening hours seem to shift more often than locations so by June so you might want to keep your eye on the official site and keep options open.

None of the open clubs (anywhere) however, have showers. And based on the amount of construction euipment parked in front of the Polaris Lounge at ORD on Friday I would not count on a reopening before fall at the earliest, and even that may be overly optimistic, IMO.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
B8 which is (IIRC) the largest seating-wise of the clubs in ORD. It is possible (perhaps even probable) that another club may be open by June but at the moment that's the only option UA clubwise. The beginning and end of opening hours seem to shift more often than locations so by June so you might want to keep your eye on the official site and keep options open.

None of the open clubs (anywhere) however, have showers. And based on the amount of construction euipment parked in front of the Polaris Lounge at ORD on Friday I would not count on a reopening before fall at the earliest, and even that may be overly optimistic, IMO.

Was told by GS Lobby folks at ORD on Wed that other clubs (1 or maybe 2) would open “in the next month or two”. FWIW.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 12:14 am

Programs: United 1K, Southwest Companion, Marriott Platinum Premier, National Executive
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Was told by GS Lobby folks at ORD on Wed that other clubs (1 or maybe 2) would open “in the next month or two”. FWIW.
I spoke with a few agents at the B6 club on Friday and they had no idea when any of the other clubs would open
Old Apr 5, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: MP - 1K, Hyatt - Platt, SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by sabre1041
I spoke with a few agents at the B6 club on Friday and they had no idea when any of the other clubs would open
Spoke to one last week and they said the current setup will be the status quo for "a while." Whatever that means.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
Had no problem using my 1-day pass to get into B6
wasn't in the mood for drinking - but the bar looked nice
the place was relatively empty when I got there mid-sundae afternoon but was starting to fill up by around 5pm - probably in anticipation of the later international flights?
the food choices were a little "blah" - but I guess I am not sure what I was expecting......
Old Apr 5, 2021, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by nyr2299
Spoke to one last week and they said the current setup will be the status quo for "a while." Whatever that means.
My guess is "I have no idea and I don't want to get your hopes up" -- generally (not ORD specifically) even people I know who would be among the first to know don't seem to have a knowledge (or confidence of their knowledge of) what will happen more than a week or two from now. I am aware of some basic metrics/goalposts but not sure exactly how those metrics map to ORD (or SFO/EWR or additional locations in IAH or IAD)

I know there has been some concern about the availability of "club-trained' agents when more location do reopen -- seems a lot of the club agents (who tend to be late career/high seniority anyway given the premium pay associated with working a club position) took the early outs and UA, for possibly obvious reasons hasn't been in a hurry to train to backfill them.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
I know there has been some concern about the availability of "club-trained' agents when more location do reopen -- seems a lot of the club agents (who tend to be late career/high seniority anyway given the premium pay associated with working a club position) took the early outs and UA, for possibly obvious reasons hasn't been in a hurry to train to backfill them.
So, they might also do early outs too?

David
Old Apr 5, 2021, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
So, they might also do early outs too?

David
(Conspiracy hat on) Maybe UA HAS been training staff but they all take the early out before there's enough of them to open an extra club
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
While not specific to ORD clubs but ORD is certainly included. As I have traveled through multiple UA hubs recently and have visited the UCs at most locations I have to ask when the "heck" are they going to upgrade the food service?! I mean I get the covid thing but even with that I am getting tired of tired looking bagels and yogurt seemingly sitting there all day long. You would think they could still ramp even the bagged food up a bit. As long as I am on a rant here, they need to start opening up more Clubs at certain locations as well. Last week, admittedly near Easter'ish I was in the SFO UC (the only one open) and the place was freakishly packed. It didn't even appear Covid compliant if you want to go that route as well. Hey, but I shouldn't complain too much I was still able to get a drink across the bar (not seated) at all locations which were open!
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by susiesan

ET operates out of T5. There are no UCs in T5; you will be at the mercy of one of the *A lounges: LX (Swiss) or SK (SAS). Both are currently closed, with no timeline for reopening AFAIK. Neither is particularly remarkable. If you have Priority Pass, the AF lounge in T5 shows as being open at the moment. Again, that lounge is not remarkable either.

For your return, there are no showers at UC in T1 or T2 and you won't be able to access Polaris on arrival connection, even if it opens by then. Depending on the amount of time you have, a day pass to the fitness center at the ORD Hilton may be the only way to get a shower (and get some exercise, if desired). Not sure they're selling it during the pandemic though.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by legalalien
ET operates out of T5. There are no UCs in T5; you will be at the mercy of one of the *A lounges: LX (Swiss) or SK (SAS). Both are currently closed, with no timeline for reopening AFAIK. Neither is particularly remarkable. If you have Priority Pass, the AF lounge in T5 shows as being open at the moment. Again, that lounge is not remarkable either.

For your return, there are no showers at UC in T1 or T2 and you won't be able to access Polaris on arrival connection, even if it opens by then. Depending on the amount of time you have, a day pass to the fitness center at the ORD Hilton may be the only way to get a shower (and get some exercise, if desired). Not sure they're selling it during the pandemic though.
I believe that ET has a contract relationship with the AF/KL lounge in T5. The image below is from a AF lounge review in 2018. The last time I was departing from T5 (about 18 months ago), I believe ET was on the list of airlines using the AF lounge. I was flying QR at the time.

onthesam and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by nomad420
While not specific to ORD clubs but ORD is certainly included. As I have traveled through multiple UA hubs recently and have visited the UCs at most locations I have to ask when the "heck" are they going to upgrade the food service?! I mean I get the covid thing but even with that I am getting tired of tired looking bagels and yogurt seemingly sitting there all day long. You would think they could still ramp even the bagged food up a bit. As long as I am on a rant here, they need to start opening up more Clubs at certain locations as well. Last week, admittedly near Easter'ish I was in the SFO UC (the only one open) and the place was freakishly packed. It didn't even appear Covid compliant if you want to go that route as well. Hey, but I shouldn't complain too much I was still able to get a drink across the bar (not seated) at all locations which were open!
We are observing the weird confluence of measures to prevent Covid infection vs cost saving efforts brought on by Covid. UA’s messaging on this distinction is woefully opaque.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.