Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks** Closed on January 2022
NEW C10 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C10

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Old Mar 5, 2023, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zone1
Does anyone know if they have discontinued the meat balls? I was in the B6 UC twice last week and they only had mac and cheese. I actually liked the meatballs over the sausage in C.
I think meatballs rotated out some time late last year. Roughly I would guess a few more months of mac&cheese before they update again (I don't know what next).
Zone1 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Checked out the new C10 club this morning. Beautiful club. Nice breakfast spread. Scrambled eggs, sausage, open face smoked turkey muffin (pictured), bagel bar w/toppings, oatmeal, etc. Grabbed a table by the bar and watched a 787 push back. Well done, United. By the time I left at 8:30 am the main areas by the entrance had filled up quite a bit, but there was plenty of seating if you took a few extra steps to explore the back corners of the club.

sobore likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by paule123
Checked out the new C10 club this morning. Beautiful club. Nice breakfast spread. Scrambled eggs, sausage, open face smoked turkey muffin (pictured), bagel bar w/toppings, oatmeal, etc. Grabbed a table by the bar and watched a 787 push back. Well done, United. By the time I left at 8:30 am the main areas by the entrance had filled up quite a bit, but there was plenty of seating if you took a few extra steps to explore the back corners of the club.

Thanks for posting your recent experience. My elderly and not frequent traveler parents are arriving at ORD at 8am on a Friday morning. They have an 8 hour layover before their international flight. They are planning to spend the layover in a United club using one-time United Club passes. Not taking into consideration the location of their arrival gate and the bus to the international terminal, which club location would you all recommend? The club near C10 is getting a lot of love but I’m concerned about crowding. Would it be better for them to go to one of other smaller clubs even if the food is of lower quality? TIA
Old Mar 13, 2023, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by jmsfla2002
Thanks for posting your recent experience. My elderly and not frequent traveler parents are arriving at ORD at 8am on a Friday morning. They have an 8 hour layover before their international flight. They are planning to spend the layover in a United club using one-time United Club passes. Not taking into consideration the location of their arrival gate and the bus to the international terminal, which club location would you all recommend? The club near C10 is getting a lot of love but I’m concerned about crowding. Would it be better for them to go to one of other smaller clubs even if the food is of lower quality? TIA
1. Depending on when they try to enter a given club will affect whether they will be admitted using 1-time passes. If a club is busy, they will likely be turned away.
2. If they need assistance getting to/from gates, then having them work with the front entrance staff to request transport to a gate will enhance when they'll have to leave once admitted.
3. If they arrive in to Concourse C, then have them start there at C10 since it is the most accessible anyway.
4. Food need not be of lesser quality at the smaller B clubs - just less options to select from.
5. If they are _not_ flying UA or some of their *A partners on their international leg, they may have to navigate to Terminal 5.

David
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 1:33 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
We're flying out of ORD on Friday on LH, ORD-MUC, which is a 10:25 PM departure. According to the United website none of the lounges are open past 9:00 PM? I wanted to feed the kids something before the flight in case they don't care for the LH options, I guess we need to start with that by 8:00 PM or so in the Polaris Lounge, I assume they'll be like most lounges where food is put up before closing time?
SPN Lifer and CJ99 like this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Beckles
We're flying out of ORD on Friday on LH, ORD-MUC, which is a 10:25 PM departure. According to the United website none of the lounges are open past 9:00 PM? I wanted to feed the kids something before the flight in case they don't care for the LH options, I guess we need to start with that by 8:00 PM or so in the Polaris Lounge, I assume they'll be like most lounges where food is put up before closing time?
Worth checking in this ORD Polaris lounge thread if someone has posted the food/dining hours (ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..).

I know when I had a couple late departures in 2019 the restaurant in the lounge closed 7:30pm so worth checking if that is still the case. Believe the buffet stayed out longer but not sure when it gets cleared.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by n8-the-gr8
Worth checking in this ORD Polaris lounge thread if someone has posted the food/dining hours (ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..).

I know when I had a couple late departures in 2019 the restaurant in the lounge closed 7:30pm so worth checking if that is still the case. Believe the buffet stayed out longer but not sure when it gets cleared.
My kids may prefer the buffet anyway. We'll probably be there several hours early, our MCI-ORD connection is a one-way National Rental Car, so I'm building in extra time in case of a flat, accident, traffic, extra potty breaks, extended Wally's stop, etc.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 7:52 pm

So apparently due to the vagaries of daylight savings in the US vs. Europe the Polaris Lounge is actually open until 10 PM currently despite what United.com may say. Dining is available until 9:00 PM I am told.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by paule123

There's a couple of tables just past the bar with amazing views of Dreamliners getting ready to go, and outlets right behind you. I was lucky enough to snag one of those on a 2+h layover. Best seat at the airport.
paule123 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by zoned_post_meridiem
There's a couple of tables just past the bar with amazing views of Dreamliners getting ready to go, and outlets right behind you. I was lucky enough to snag one of those on a 2+h layover. Best seat at the airport.
Yep, charging outlets on the floor next to the window tables. Nice touch.

CJ99 and goodeats21 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 3:55 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Do anyone expect it to be crowded tomorrow morning (between 10am-noon)?
Old Mar 18, 2023, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dx3003
Which "it"?

David
Old Mar 18, 2023, 4:24 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by DELee
Which "it"?

David
I guess the lounge in concourse C
Old Mar 18, 2023, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .58 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Beckles (Post # 477)
So apparently due to the vagaries of daylight savings in the US vs. Europe the Polaris Lounge is actually open until 10 PM currently despite what United.com may say. Dining is available until 9:00 PM I am told.
It makes sense that UA would choose not to alienate some of their best customers for two weeks.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess the lounge in concourse C
So C10 is one of the largest clubs within the UC system at this point. Unless you're trying to get in with a one time pass, it will likely be busy given the banks of flights arriving/departing ORD but should be accessible as a UC member. If that club is somehow impacted, there are three other clubs at ORD - 2 over in B and one over in F - that will be open and will be less busy given the interest in going to the C10 club. This also applies if they decide to not admit one time pass holders - so, if that applies, the two B clubs and F club will be able to accommodate. Those will be a bit more walking to get to from C.

If you are referring to the Polaris Lounge in C, you will need to hold a business class ticket on United 016 stock or one of the *A partners for an international long haul flight to enter that lounge (https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...es/access.html).

David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.