Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6 5:45 a.m. - 7:45 p.m. **Limited food, but getting increasingly better. Note the reduced operating hours.**

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks**

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
I am at F8 now waiting for a flight at E-gates. Not crowded at all, has a good number of food spreads. My flight landed near B6 UC but there was a line out the door to get in so I passed on there, good thing I came to this one instead. It's airy and plenty of chairs and tables. ymmv of course. Packaged sandwiches, veggies, salad, hot dog, burrito, noodles... dare I say food is better than pre-covid? I do miss the soups though.
SPN Lifer, DELee, tcdtcd and 1 others like this.

Last edited by miasmal; Jul 3, 2021 at 11:30 am
Old Jul 26, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
This may read as sarcasm but I promise it's not. I also promise no one will ever accuse me of having an overly sophisticated palate but the ORD F club today has the best/most appealing food I've ever had at a UC (Polaris, of course very much excepted)

I started with a bag of fritos, a stick of cheddar, a rice crispy treat (in chocolate -- why do the UCs only ever seem to have the chocolate version? It's not horrible but very much prefer the traditional) -- with a Coke and then after a stop by the restroom I discovered hot dogs -- nice hot hot dogs in a fluffy bun. No catchup but then I remembered I was in Chicago, and I think catchup on a dog is considered a sin here (peppers, diced tomatoes, mayo, etc. all available in individual servings)

I might not be expensing a lunch today.

(A couple weeks ago the CLE club had warm salted soft pretzels along with gas station nacho cheese and I thought that was a highlight... Mmmmmmmm)

I might be alone but I wouldn't mind at all if the current assortment stays (though I do miss the mozzarella-salami-pesto cup that showed up here and at IAH randomly pre-pandemic)

Side note: I thought all of the UCs food/beverage were staffed by Sodexo, but the host by the hot dog buffet was wearing a "United Service Companies" shirt... anyone know the difference?
Old Jul 26, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
*dies*
Old Jul 27, 2021, 7:37 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Visited B6 yesterday around 8pm. No hot dogs, burritos and salad only. Great bar tending though. Will be back through ORD Thursday during the day.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: United, Delta, American
I went through UC ORD B6 yesterday over lunch. I had a decent chicken caesar wrap and individually packaged plastic box of cherry tomatoes, carrots and celery which were all crisp. It's been so long I can't remember if that's a step up or down from previous offerings. The staff was incredibly friendly throughout.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Dyce
I think ORD B6 had hot dogs on July 5th - maybe it was a July 4th weekend / week thing?
ORD F club had beaucoup de hot dogs on Monday early afternoon -- almost missed them (they were piled high, each individually wrapped in a aluminum-esque hot dog wrapper) -- see my post up thread for what was my best UC dining experience in memory, where the hot dog featured prominently.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:32 pm

ORD C club was doing 1-in 1-out when I arrived -- about a 10 minute wait to get in. Agent tending the door said that despite plenty of open seats they were only allowed 83 passengers while B6 allows 400.

Hot dogs were here too, didn't see nearly the condiment assortment that I saw in F last week.

This is my lunch and this non-foodie is still very happy with the offering:
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
I saw the line at ORD C. I had lots time so went all the way over to F. Plenty of seats there, same offerings.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
This is my lunch and this non-foodie is still very happy with the offering:
I'm a sucker for potato chips, but these are the smallest packages I've ever seen - you get like seven chips.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm a sucker for potato chips, but these are the smallest packages I've ever seen - you get like seven chips.
I had thought that they were about the same size as come in the "50 bag assortment" box that my wife occasionally seeds our house and apartment with from Costco [and I find typically need at least 2 bags to have hunger satisfied] ... and I saw the basket replenished by one of the club folk out of exactly the same blue box that's usually lurking in a corner of the kitchen.

Honestly though...when paired with a hot dog and chased with a cheese stick it was just about the perfect amount of food of me this afternoon.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 9:32 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
foodie weeps
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: United Premier 1K , Marriot Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Dyce
I think ORD B6 had hot dogs on July 5th - maybe it was a July 4th weekend / week thing?
B6 had hotdogs and burritos by noon yesterday 8/5/2021.
I haven't seen hot food options at the other UC locations at ORD yet. B18 seems to be completely unequipped for hot meals which is a shame since now both ANA and Lufthansa depart there.

What is the point of the Polaris lounge at C12 now?? United's two star alliance partner codeshare flights now depart at B18 and some of United's own international flights depart from B as well.
I just don't see the point if the international flights are boarding at terminal B.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by EpsilonZer0
What is the point of the Polaris lounge at C12 now?? United's two star alliance partner codeshare flights now depart at B18 and some of United's own international flights depart from B as well.
I just don't see the point if the international flights are boarding at terminal B.
Given that the lounge is closed where flights are boarding/departing is largely irrelevant... ORD does seem to be doing a fair amount of construction around B/C so it could just be a matter of convenience right now. In any event, the lounge is close enough to the tunnel that with the moving walkways some of the B gates are arguably more convenient (though certainly not closer) than some of the C gates anyway.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Given that the lounge is closed where flights are boarding/departing is largely irrelevant... ORD does seem to be doing a fair amount of construction around B/C so it could just be a matter of convenience right now. In any event, the lounge is close enough to the tunnel that with the moving walkways some of the B gates are arguably more convenient (though certainly not closer) than some of the C gates anyway.
Also, the tunnel seems to be about 15 degrees cooler then the terminals.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 4:38 am

Yesterday, ORD B6, decent packaged fresh food selection and friendly staff. I started to walk to the trash can and a gentleman who has worked there for sometime took the trash from me and told me I was in the lounge to relax.

Earlier in the week, IAD C7, packaged commercial food, mainly junk, and poor selection like Lay's BBQ chips and salsa. Coffee machine 'spit' milk. Disinterested staff standing at the coffee machine; i reported the problem to the bartender and she located the manager.

Question - what is the UC entrance policy for families? Yesterday was kids day at ORD B6 (and no bother to me, by the way). I saw one family, obviously husband and wife and 4 kids. And another seemingly single parent with 3 kids. Pay $59 per additional guest or are families granted access for children?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.