Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks** Closed on January 2022
NEW C10 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C10

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Old Apr 27, 2023, 7:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I was at the C10 club on Monday (4/24) between 10:40-11:30am. It was packed. At around 10:55, they took away the breakfast and started to load up lunch. Similar to [MENTION=193352]paule123[/MENTION]'s experience with the automated gates.

It's a good way to escape the crowds
Old Apr 27, 2023, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by dx3003
I was at the C10 club on Monday (4/24) between 10:40-11:30am. It was packed. At around 10:55, they took away the breakfast and started to load up lunch. Similar to [MENTION=193352]paule123[/MENTION]'s experience with the automated gates.

It's a good way to escape the crowds
While that club is one of the largest in the system now, if it is full, it too is a crowd. I appreciate the food selection but, if I had the time, I'd likely head back to Concourse B if C10 is full/packed.

David
Old Apr 27, 2023, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by DELee
While that club is one of the largest in the system now, if it is full, it too is a crowd. I appreciate the food selection but, if I had the time, I'd likely head back to Concourse B if C10 is full/packed.

David
Do the other ORD UCs have the same food selection? If so, I don't care about C.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by lsquare
Do the other ORD UCs have the same food selection? If so, I don't care about C.
IME the food selection varies slightly from one club to another. You will mostly find the same items, but hot dishes may vary. For example, the B6 club had Mac and Cheese with bacon bits for lunch on Friday 4/29, while the C club did not.

P.S. Yes, I visited both, as the C club was packed while B6 has some seats available.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by legalalien
IME the food selection varies slightly from one club to another. You will mostly find the same items, but hot dishes may vary. For example, the B6 club had Mac and Cheese with bacon bits for lunch on Friday 4/29, while the C club did not.

P.S. Yes, I visited both, as the C club was packed while B6 has some seats available.
​Someone posted picture​​​​​​s of pork chops from C. I hope B6 and B18 get the same treatment.
Old May 1, 2023, 7:43 pm

Does anybody know what time the United Clubs at ORD opens? Our son and daughter-in law will be arriving at 6:15am on UA67 from KOA this Sunday. They have a 2 1/2 hour layover before their flight to IAD (UA2228). I am trying to decide if getting them United Trip Club trip passes makes sense. They will be returning from their honeymoon, so I want them to be as comfortable as possible.
Old May 1, 2023, 8:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Buckskin
Does anybody know what time the United Clubs at ORD opens? .
https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...locations.html
5AM
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 2, 2023, 9:05 am

Good to know that the clubs will be open that early. I understand that sometimes United Club trip passes are not honored due to overcrowding. Could that be an issue at any of the ORD United Clubs around 6:30am this Sunday? Which club location would be best for grabbing breakfast and resting? I'm sure what terminal the overnight flight from Kona is likely to land at, but I think there is a way to figure out. Also, I am not at all familiar with ORD and neither are they, so any advice is appreciated.
Old May 2, 2023, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Good to know that the clubs will be open that early. I understand that sometimes United Club trip passes are not honored due to overcrowding. Could that be an issue at any of the ORD United Clubs around 6:30am this Sunday? Which club location would be best for grabbing breakfast and resting? I'm sure what terminal the overnight flight from Kona is likely to land at, but I think there is a way to figure out. Also, I am not at all familiar with ORD and neither are they, so any advice is appreciated.
They should not run into any crowding issues at 6:30 AM on a Sunday, so very little risk of passes being declined. ORD is at "full strength" for United Clubs.

The "best" is probably C10, from a food perspective, as well as being brand new.

Added: The flight from Kona will land at either B or C gates. B & C are connected via a walkable underground tunnel. 5 minute walk or so.
lsquare and Buckskin like this.
Old May 2, 2023, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Does anybody know what time the United Clubs at ORD opens? Our son and daughter-in law will be arriving at 6:15am on UA67 from KOA this Sunday. They have a 2 1/2 hour layover before their flight to IAD (UA2228). I am trying to decide if getting them United Trip Club trip passes makes sense. They will be returning from their honeymoon, so I want them to be as comfortable as possible.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Alo to note that many/most clubs only have cold and pre-prepared/packaged items when they first open. Hot items show up between half an hour to an hour later.

David
sobore and VRFast like this.
Old May 26, 2023, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We have had that discussion and one guess is passengers are arriving earlier and staying longer driving higher average capacity than planned. UA had limited data on this until it had a couple of PLs build. UA has increased the size of ORD PL already. The EWR PL has no where to grow.
I don't believe it has done so. It is planned, but not completed.
Old May 26, 2023, 7:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fumje
I don't believe it has done so. It is planned, but not completed.
Should have double checked my memory.
Old May 26, 2023, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Should have double checked my memory.
Had me double checking my memory. I was just there, and it seemed the same as it always was, but you never know what you don't notice out of habit!
Old May 26, 2023, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Best UA lounge at ORD for MP credit card pass-holders?

Long story short: my GF has a 12 hour layover at ORD on Sunday, basically 6am-6pm.

What is the best lounge for her to spend this time in, with a pass that came with her MP Chase card? (She’s flying in Y, and has no lounge experience whatsoever, and also no other cards that gain her access to lounges).
Old May 26, 2023, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by notsosmart
Long story short: my GF has a 12 hour layover at ORD on Sunday, basically 6am-6pm.

What is the best lounge for her to spend this time in, with a pass that came with her MP Chase card? (She’s flying in Y, and has no lounge experience whatsoever, and also no other cards that gain her access to lounges).
Personally. I wouldn’t spend 12 hours at an airport. Ever.

Get a cheap and close hotel room or go sightseeing

If you want to punish yourself/her go to the closest lounge by the flight.
IndyHoosier likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.