Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6 5:45 a.m. - 7:45 p.m. **Limited food, but getting increasingly better. Note the reduced operating hours.**

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks**

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Friday morning at ORD and the airport is jammed pack. My flight is departing B17 and despite the chaos in the airport found this club relatively calm - without long lines for food (breakfast tacos). Easy to get seats or sit at bar.
My experience is that club gets busiest in the afternoon with the Europe-bound widebodies leaving from that end of the concourse.

My spouse said something funny about how she remembers the clubs at ORD:
B6 - Big
B18 - Basement
C - Cluster
F - Favorite

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 23, 2022 at 3:48 pm
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Has anyone been able to make heads or tales out of the comment from someone on the DL SkyClub staff that UA will be taking over the now vacated SC at T2? The current UC basically sits on top of the former SC. Only two things I can think of: the airport wants the space where the current UC is and is willing to move UA down one floor or... UA wants access to the UC from both the E and F sides of T2 so people don't have to go down that dreadful connecting corridor (especially since it's been reported UA is taking over some of the former DL gates on E).
I believe UA will be taking over the former SC space to expand the F club in some measure. No other details though.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by EWR764
I believe UA will be taking over the former SC space to expand the F club in some measure. No other details though.
That would be a nice addition, but isn't T2 getting torn down to make room for the new fancy terminal in some relatively near future?
LIH likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by legalalien
That would be a nice addition, but isn't T2 getting torn down to make room for the new fancy terminal in some relatively near future?
Maybe, but from the 'vision statements' I've seen, I don't think it's in coming the near future (within 5 years). The new T1 is supposed to be finished before anything happens to T2.

And given the placement of the vacated SC, I think relatively speaking it wouldn't be too expensive to expand into it. The extra space would be well used, at least per my most recent F club experiences.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by fumje
Maybe, but from the 'vision statements' I've seen, I don't think it's in coming the near future (within 5 years). The new T1 is supposed to be finished before anything happens to T2.
I'm pretty sure that back when the Global Terminal was announced, it was scheduled to be completed by 2028. Obviously not happening now, so I wonder what's the new timeline is.

Originally Posted by fumje
And given the placement of the vacated SC, I think relatively speaking it wouldn't be too expensive to expand into it. The extra space would be well used, at least per my most recent F club experiences.
I haven't been to the DL club in a while, but from what I recall, it's on the first floor, while UC is next to it, but on the second floor. There are some offices under UC, so I suppose they could be moved around to accommodate the consolidation?

Last edited by legalalien; Oct 15, 2022 at 9:26 am
Old Oct 15, 2022, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm pretty sure that back when the Global Terminal was announced, it was scheduled to be completed by 2028. Obviously not happening now, so I wonder what's the new timeline is.

I haven't been to the DL club in a while, but from what I recall, it's on the first floor, while UC is next to it, but on the second floor. There are some offices under UC, so I suppose they could be moved around to accommodate the consolidation?
I think they might actually overlap slightly (UC above / SC below) on the far side from each respective entrance, but I can't say for certain. If they don't, they aren't far, so while it's not as simple as just taking out a wall, I think it would be a smaller project than, for example, what they are doing to expand at C.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Also agree an expansion would be welcome, especially with more mainline flights out of T2. Assume that will increase the number of folks who want access.
sobore and goodeats21 like this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 9:56 pm

I thought the same thing. My understanding is two remote terminals will be built to relocate T2 traffic, whereupon T2 will be torn down and rebuilt as New Global Terminal over the next 5-10 years. DL should be relocating to T5 pretty soon. When all this is done, ORD will have ~40 additional gates. Will be interesting to see how many new gates for UA. AA has been divesting lately.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
I thought the same thing. My understanding is two remote terminals will be built to relocate T2 traffic, whereupon T2 will be torn down and rebuilt as New Global Terminal over the next 5-10 years. DL should be relocating to T5 pretty soon. When all this is done, ORD will have ~40 additional gates. Will be interesting to see how many new gates for UA. AA has been divesting lately.
DL already relocated to T5 last week.
10 new gates were added to T5, and expansion/renovation largely done.

Yes, 2 satellite terminals are being added beyond T1 B/C, and T2 will be demolished for the Global Terminal, allegedly will be the largest terminal in USA. 45-50 net gate increase in T1/GT in addition to the 10 in T5.
SPN Lifer, sobore, lsquare and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 2:04 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I don’t know the actual square footage, but the Skyclub feels a lot smaller than the UC above it
goodeats21 and LIH like this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by United747
I don’t know the actual square footage, but the Skyclub feels a lot smaller than the UC above it
Agree its a lot smaller - I can only imagine it would be an “addition to” as opposed to replacement. I could see them potentially adding another escalator and keeping the main level to increase capacity.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 9:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lilpisher
Agree its a lot smaller - I can only imagine it would be an “addition to” as opposed to replacement. I could see them potentially adding another escalator and keeping the main level to increase capacity.
I'm 99% sure the current SC far end from the entrance butts up to the lobby of the F club. This being the case, UA could take over the space and add additional club space on the lower level, and since DL probably built out a proper kitchen, this would help the offerings there. An entrance from the E gates as it stands today from the existing DL club would make sense too.

Is there any UA club with multiple entrances? I can't think of one...
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:16 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Another “United Club Fly”?
Old Oct 18, 2022, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by nevansm
I'm 99% sure the current SC far end from the entrance butts up to the lobby of the F club. This being the case, UA could take over the space and add additional club space on the lower level, and since DL probably built out a proper kitchen, this would help the offerings there. An entrance from the E gates as it stands today from the existing DL club would make sense too.

Is there any UA club with multiple entrances? I can't think of one...
Knowing United, they will not want to pay someone to staff a 2nd entrance to a club. They will prefer we walk around.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Knowing United, they will not want to pay someone to staff a 2nd entrance to a club. They will prefer we walk around.
Although, "knowing United"... they may move to the automated entry that was rolled out at the new EWR club.
elitefreak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.