Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks** Closed on January 2022
NEW C10 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C10

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Old May 27, 2023, 2:41 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Polaris Lounge expansion

Spoke with Polaris Lounge ORD bartender and he said they’ve been told the Polaris lounge expansion (into the old UC) isn’t expected until 2025. He didn’t know why as at certain times the sit down restaurant wait times are over 2 hours!

seems strange it would take that long as the old UC used to include what is now the Polaris Lounge so I wouldn’t expect major structural changes…

anyone have more info?

Last edited by Dyce; May 27, 2023 at 9:36 am
Old May 27, 2023, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by notsosmart
Long story short: my GF has a 12 hour layover at ORD on Sunday, basically 6am-6pm.

What is the best lounge for her to spend this time in, with a pass that came with her MP Chase card? (She’s flying in Y, and has no lounge experience whatsoever, and also no other cards that gain her access to lounges).
There's no lounge at ORD worth spending 12 hours at. I'd take the Blue Line downtown, especially this time of year.
Xyzzy, notsosmart, atword and 1 others like this.
Old May 27, 2023, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notsosmart
Long story short: my GF has a 12 hour layover at ORD on Sunday, basically 6am-6pm.

What is the best lounge for her to spend this time in, with a pass that came with her MP Chase card? (She’s flying in Y, and has no lounge experience whatsoever, and also no other cards that gain her access to lounges).
My understanding is that the passes now allow in/out access that day at any lounge at the airport (subject to capacity restrictions). Best to confirm with agent before doing so, but that means she can stop in for a coffee, restroom, etc after her (presumed) redeye, then head out into the city for several hours, and come back and use the lounge again before the evening flight.

As others suggested, 12 hours in any of the lounges would be quite dull and I would advise against, but if she's going to do it, I suppose I'd choose the C18 lounge. The crowds will swell several times during the day, but it is the nicest one. If she wants less crowded, then B6.
Old May 27, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by fumje
My understanding is that the passes now allow in/out access that day at any lounge at the airport (subject to capacity restrictions). Best to confirm with agent before doing so, but that means she can stop in for a coffee, restroom, etc after her (presumed) redeye, then head out into the city for several hours, and come back and use the lounge again before the evening flight.

As others suggested, 12 hours in any of the lounges would be quite dull and I would advise against, but if she's going to do it, I suppose I'd choose the C18 lounge. The crowds will swell several times during the day, but it is the nicest one. If she wants less crowded, then B6.
I assume you mean C10? (Polaris is at C18).
Is the C10 lounge the newest and biggest UC at ORD? We’re flying out on Sunday afternoon and want to use our Chase UC passes. I guess we could go to the UC at B18 as well.
Definitely agree and suggest a visit to downtown Chi-town instead of 12 hrs at ORD. At least to try out the deep dish pizza which is pretty much the only thing we’ve had for dinner the last couple of days here
Old May 27, 2023, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VRFast
I assume you mean C10? (Polaris is at C18).
Is the C10 lounge the newest and biggest UC at ORD? We’re flying out on Sunday afternoon and want to use our Chase UC passes. I guess we could go to the UC at B18 as well.
Definitely agree and suggest a visit to downtown Chi-town instead of 12 hrs at ORD. At least to try out the deep dish pizza which is pretty much the only thing we’ve had for dinner the last couple of days here
Ah yes, I suppose C10 is a more accurate locator. I think of it as go to PL and then keep going, so that's what C18 came from.

C18 C10 is the newest location with more food variety, but B6 is the largest, and especially with the new one open it tends to be least crowded.

I would only go to B18 if that is where your gate is and you don't plan to be there for very long.
SPN Lifer, dorisrpas and VRFast like this.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 11:42 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
I don't believe it has done so. It is planned, but not completed.
Youre both correct. It was expanded once a few years back. A second expansion (into former C UC space) is planned (hopefully before 2025!).
Old Jun 2, 2023, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Youre both correct. It was expanded once a few years back. A second expansion (into former C UC space) is planned (hopefully before 2025!).
Which part is the expanded area? I believe the first time I visited was around 6-8mo after it opened, but I can't think of any area that wasn't there then. The only substantive change I can think of is the loss of the little bourbon cubby across from the bar. RIP.

Originally Posted by hirohito888
Haha yes, 2-3 thin asparagus underneath
Given that asparagus also wasn't included in the description part, felt I couldn't be too sure.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Which part is the expanded area? I believe the first time I visited was around 6-8mo after it opened, but I can't think of any area that wasn't there then. The only substantive change I can think of is the loss of the little bourbon cubby across from the bar. RIP.
Dining room at first was the bar area, believe it or not. The current dining room, and seating section in that area, were added - I’m guessing mid / late 2018, early 2019.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Dining room at first was the bar area, believe it or not. The current dining room, and seating section in that area, were added - I’m guessing mid / late 2018, early 2019.
Huh, I figured it would have been there and I just don't remember or maybe never saw it. It would have been way too small today without that part!
SPN Lifer and tcdtcd like this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 9:21 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Ah yes, I suppose C10 is a more accurate locator. I think of it as go to PL and then keep going, so that's what C18 came from.

C18 C10 is the newest location with more food variety, but B6 is the largest, and especially with the new one open it tends to be least crowded.

I would only go to B18 if that is where your gate is and you don't plan to be there for very long.
Ended up going to the new C10 UC, since our gate changed to C21, which was very nice and large. No crowds at all but then again this was the Sunday before Memorial Day between 11am-1pm. Will definitely go back to this UC next time we find ourselves at ORD. Just one thing, no laying down on the couch seats was enforced at least once that I saw.
Side thing, perhaps OT, we were able to use my coworker's almost expiring UC passes using a screen shot, in case there are any doubters still out there
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
There's no lounge at ORD worth spending 12 hours at. I'd take the Blue Line downtown, especially this time of year.
Agreed. And then get back early and spend 2 hours in the C lounge. Though, if I had to spend 12h, it definitely would be in C.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 5:40 pm
jow

What time is lunch food served in the C lounge? Particularly, what is the end time for lunch items?
Old Jun 23, 2023, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by jow
What time is lunch food served in the C lounge? Particularly, what is the end time for lunch items?
It was being put out at 1055hrs when I visited on 6/11/2023.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jow
"Lunch" and "dinner" are the same food — so it ends when the club closes for the day. Changeover from breakfast to rest of the day is at 1100h +/- a few minutes.

This is true for all clubs that I can think of, not only ORD.
SPN Lifer, sobore, DELee and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 8:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
"Lunch" and "dinner" are the same food — so it ends when the club closes for the day. Changeover from breakfast to rest of the day is at 1100h +/- a few minutes.

This is true for all clubs that I can think of, not only ORD.
This is correct and the food service at the terminal C lounge is probably the best. Please see below opening day video

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.