Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6 5:45 a.m. - 7:45 p.m. **Limited food, but getting increasingly better. Note the reduced operating hours.**

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks**

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Old Aug 12, 2021, 7:31 am

Since I have a couple of hours layover in ORD next Tue I was wondering what the best UC is at ORD. They have a couple to choose from:
  • Chicago O’Hare (near Gate B6, near Gate B18, near Gate C16 and across from Gate F9)
I'll be departing from B17, but someone posted on here that B18 doesn't have any warm food options.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:08 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by omxfl
Since I have a couple of hours layover in ORD next Tue I was wondering what the best UC is at ORD. They have a couple to choose from:
  • Chicago O’Hare (near Gate B6, near Gate B18, near Gate C16 and across from Gate F9)
I'll be departing from B17, but someone posted on here that B18 doesn't have any warm food options.
I personally think the F club has the best ambiance, it also has a kitchen like B6 so food is generally the same. B18/C16 are worse on both fronts. Also, if you're on one of the INTL departures from that end of B the B18 lounge gets super packed so I'd rather take the 3 minute walk from B6 or 10 minute walk from F9 IMHO.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:16 am

Thanks a bunch. B6 it will be, assuming they give me unlimited premium drinks on my United P ticket and despite flying LH.

The departing aircraft from B17 will be a Boeing 747-8 with upper and lower deck business class, hence my initial gut feel, which you confirmed, that the B18 club will be packed.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by lamphs
Yesterday, ORD B6, decent packaged fresh food selection and friendly staff. I started to walk to the trash can and a gentleman who has worked there for sometime took the trash from me and told me I was in the lounge to relax.

Earlier in the week, IAD C7, packaged commercial food, mainly junk, and poor selection like Lay's BBQ chips and salsa. Coffee machine 'spit' milk. Disinterested staff standing at the coffee machine; i reported the problem to the bartender and she located the manager.

Question - what is the UC entrance policy for families? Yesterday was kids day at ORD B6 (and no bother to me, by the way). I saw one family, obviously husband and wife and 4 kids. And another seemingly single parent with 3 kids. Pay $59 per additional guest or are families granted access for children?
If you have a membership you are allowed to bring "2 adults or 1 adult and dependent children under 21 years of age". If you are using a pass, each person needs one.

Thanks for the update on IAD and ORD as I will be passing through both hopefully soon.
SPN Lifer and lamphs like this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LIH
I personally think the F club has the best ambiance, it also has a kitchen like B6 so food is generally the same. B18/C16 are worse on both fronts. Also, if you're on one of the INTL departures from that end of B the B18 lounge gets super packed so I'd rather take the 3 minute walk from B6 or 10 minute walk from F9 IMHO.
C16 shares BOH facilities including kitchen with the Polaris lounge next door (entrance through the swinging door in the restroom corner behind the buffet so hot food is definitely an option -- eg last visit I had hot dogs.

Agree though that F has the best ambience of all of them currently. B18 is really a disappointment by comparison to the other ORD options -- unfortunately in some scenarios it's the only option that makes sense.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
C16 shares BOH facilities including kitchen with the Polaris lounge next door (entrance through the swinging door in the restroom corner behind the buffet so hot food is definitely an option -- eg last visit I had hot dogs.

Agree though that F has the best ambience of all of them currently. B18 is really a disappointment by comparison to the other ORD options -- unfortunately in some scenarios it's the only option that makes sense.
The problem right now is what matters is the number and size of the refrigerators each UC has - not the size or existence of a kitchen for food prep.

David
Old Aug 29, 2021, 6:57 am
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
F or C club for a long layover? Which one has more seating?
Old Aug 29, 2021, 6:58 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by wunderpit
F or C club for a long layover? Which one has more seating?
F is much nicer, and larger.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 7:08 am
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
F is much nicer, and larger.
Thanks! And blah…

Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Stopped by ORD Terminal C and I was so impressed I think I may drop a complimentary note to UA. The spread was at least as good as displayed in the mid-August photos from BOS. Sandwiches, the burritos, desserts, several varieties of chips and other junk foods, prepackaged cheese, and of course the salad bar.

IMO it was far superior to what I found in the SFO Amex lounge a few days ago (yes, Amex has the better bar, but alcohol isn't a high priority for me).

I asked the agent if there was any word on Polaris - alas not yet and she agreed it was likely to depend on an increase in paid international traffic.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:33 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Stopped by ORD Terminal C and I was so impressed I think I may drop a complimentary note to UA. The spread was at least as good as displayed in the mid-August photos from BOS. Sandwiches, the burritos, desserts, several varieties of chips and other junk foods, prepackaged cheese, and of course the salad bar.

IMO it was far superior to what I found in the SFO Amex lounge a few days ago (yes, Amex has the better bar, but alcohol isn't a high priority for me).

I asked the agent if there was any word on Polaris - alas not yet and she agreed it was likely to depend on an increase in paid international traffic.
I similarly concur about IAH. Alcohol is not a priority for me and forget which club I was in last week but they had a variety of pre-wrapped salads and sandwiches, and I think a burrito option along with the more traditional junk food. Was much better than anything they had pre-Covid when it was buffet style, IMO. A pleasant surprise!
Old Sep 8, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Currently in a layover at ORD. The B6 club had a line of people waiting to get in, so I headed over to the B17 club. It's almost deserted, so I guess a lot of people aren't aware that it has reopened. Really decent food selection for lunch!

legalalien and Wooglin like this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 3:29 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Lounge options in ORD?

Looking for my best option to get a little business done while connecting at ORD this coming Wednesday evening (9/22/2021). I’m flying in business class on a UA award ticket, arriving from CPH on SK. Have about a 2 hour layover in ORD before my onward flight on UA metal. Need a lounge with a reasonably decent WiFi connection and a reasonably quiet space to knock out a couple of tasks online while I’m there, before boarding my connecting leg. (Extra points for a bit of privacy, if that’s possible, I know that’s asking for a lot.)

Any suggestions for one of the available United lounges that checks as many of those boxes as possible? Thanks for your insights.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Looking for my best option to get a little business done while connecting at ORD this coming Wednesday evening (9/22/2021). I’m flying in business class on a UA award ticket, arriving from CPH on SK. Have about a 2 hour layover in ORD before my onward flight on UA metal. Need a lounge with a reasonably decent WiFi connection and a reasonably quiet space to knock out a couple of tasks online while I’m there, before boarding my connecting leg. (Extra points for a bit of privacy, if that’s possible, I know that’s asking for a lot.)

Any suggestions for one of the available United lounges that checks as many of those boxes as possible? Thanks for your insights.
Avoid at all costs the lounge in C gates, it has the worst facilities and last time I was there was very crowded.
Over in the B gates, I'd try the lounge near B17 first. It is less likely to be crowded and has those privacy booths for phone conversations and such.
The lounge over in the F gates is a hike if you are departing from a C gate, but it also has more room and the privacy booths.
I don't think there is any difference in the WIFI in the respective clubs.
As far as food, the offerings are similar, although last time I was in ORD, the F gates club had hot dogs and beef burritos in addition to sandwiches.
SPN Lifer and nwflyboy like this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: Northwest, United
@ rittenhousesq - Thanks for the helpful info, will follow this advice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.