Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks** Closed on January 2022
NEW C10 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C10

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Old Feb 2, 2023, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by WIRunner
One small issue I had was they had the bagel bar open (who wants a vegetarian lox bagel?!) and cereals, mini muffins etc. But nothing hot other than oatmeal. I got in on a red eye and landed at about 5:30, and I was at the club about 15 minutes later. The hot food showed up at 6. Not a huge wait, but just odd timing since it opens at 5. I don't remember this being an issue at either B club, or in F.
IME all ORD UCs start with a continental spread and bring out hot food a bit later. 6am sounds about right.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by legalalien
IME all ORD UCs start with a continental spread and bring out hot food a bit later. 6am sounds about right.
I know I'm pretty groggy after a red eye especially at 5:45 am, but I swear that the club in F has had hot food before 6.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WIRunner
I know I'm pretty groggy after a red eye especially at 5:45 am, but I swear that the club in F has had hot food before 6.
Sometimes they do push things out a few minutes early, but they generally don't start with the hot food at open time. Actually it used to be 7a, and then mercifully it was moved up to 6a.
cawhite and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by fumje
Sometimes they do push things out a few minutes early, but they generally don't start with the hot food at open time. Actually it used to be 7a, and then mercifully it was moved up to 6a.
Interesting. Its rare that I'm at the airport that early. (Red eyes excluded.) For what its worth, the club at SEA has their full spread out before 4:30. Kinda nice since the first flight out is at 5:15-5:30.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Stopped by the C10 club this afternoon -- actually hadn't planned on it based on connection length but wanted to talk to a human to confirm a gate assignment that didn't jive with the information being displayed at the gate.

Two agents at the front seem to have questionable utility (couldn't scan a BP for admission and also couldn't answer flight status questions -- sending me to to an agent at an awkwardly small podium near the FIDS -- and there was another agent pretty forcefully getting people to use the self-boarding gates... Which is a great concept but painfully slow and an annoying greeting (rather than using my proper first name -- which UA has on my MP account -- it used an awkwardly truncated mashup of my first and half of my middle names. INALLUPPERCASE. It's a set of small details but... This agent configuration seems like it will be a complete cluster for IROPS recovery with regard to agent assistance (which is the #1 reason for me maintaining a UC membership even if I only need that particular kind of help a handful of times a year)

Maybe because of all of the dividing walls it didn't strike me as appreciably larger than the former C club and as a solo traveler I had a hard time finding somewhere I'd be comfortable camping, much like the C130 EWR club. Only staying 10-15 minutes so didn't really expend an effort) -- it was pretty quiet. There's not enough room for traffic to pass at the bar.
Not sure how it compares in terms of actual measurements but from my initial visit it feels MUCH larger than the former tiny C club. That old club was basically a single space and incredibly narrow. The new club feels like it has 5 spaces equivalently sized to the 2 spaces in the former club. Agree on the bar setup though - I wish they'd make a section with no chairs so you can walk up.

I'm a huge fan of the self-scan gates though. I get no value out of human interaction for trivial actions like scanning a boarding pass and all too often I had to wait at a lounge entrance because the agents were dealing with some confused person who had an issue with their lounge access (or didn't have access, or was trying to get flight help) when all I wanted to do was scan my boarding pass. Seems like it would be easier to just have a podium with someone to help with technical issues if the gates don't work and then sit down desks inside for IRROPS support (like the Polaris lounge). Would prefer that approach.

Overall though I'm a huge fan of this new lounge - if I had enough time before a flight that wasn't in the C concourse I'd potentially walk over there as I enjoyed it more than the B options. I hope (and think?) they're expanding the Polaris lounge into the old C club space as that place gets way too crowded during peak hours.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Two agents at the front seem to have questionable utility (couldn't scan a BP for admission and also couldn't answer flight status questions -- sending me to to an agent at an awkwardly small podium near the FIDS -- and there was another agent pretty forcefully getting people to use the self-boarding gates... Which is a great concept but painfully slow and an annoying greeting (rather than using my proper first name -- which UA has on my MP account -- it used an awkwardly truncated mashup of my first and half of my middle names. INALLUPPERCASE. It's a set of small details but... This agent configuration seems like it will be a complete cluster for IROPS recovery with regard to agent assistance (which is the #1 reason for me maintaining a UC membership even if I only need that particular kind of help a handful of times a year)
This has been my experience at the DEN Fly Club and the renovated EWR club. Seems like it would be an easy adjustment to utilize whatever title is tied to the MP account and last name, though I am assuming it's just pulling whatever data is on the BP you scan.

While I understand the move towards more kiosk and electronic assistance, it is still frustrating when you visit a lounge and are either unable to get to an agent due to low staffing or are forced to utilize some other method. This is one area PMUA sure seemed to get right-- I don't recall ever being forced to call the res desk for help.

In terms of C10, I am flying through there next month and looking forward to continue distribution of folks among all of the clubs vs. being jammed into the three.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 7:29 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
I've been pulling an very "not FlyerTalk" run of visiting O'Hare without seeing the new club. I've been there 8 times since it opened, 4 on UA and 4 on AA and I've yet to attend. Let's see how deep into '23 I can make it!
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 10:09 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Not a UA regular, but yesterday I went out of my way to visit a new club. Fairly impressive, everything worked just fine (apart from one of the robots that was apparently on strike moving in a wrong direction). Food was fairly solid.

For IROPS it seems they want us to use self-service or videochat as there is a QR code at each table redirecting to the App. Fortunately yesterday was a good day from the operational standpoint, so I have not had to test how it works...
Old Feb 4, 2023, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by LIH
I've been pulling an very "not FlyerTalk" run of visiting O'Hare without seeing the new club. I've been there 8 times since it opened, 4 on UA and 4 on AA and I've yet to attend. Let's see how deep into '23 I can make it!
Originally Posted by TPJ
Not a UA regular, but yesterday I went out of my way to visit a new club. Fairly impressive, everything worked just fine (apart from one of the robots that was apparently on strike moving in a wrong direction). Food was fairly solid.

For IROPS it seems they want us to use self-service or videochat as there is a QR code at each table redirecting to the App. Fortunately yesterday was a good day from the operational standpoint, so I have not had to test how it works...
With the new club open, would be interested to hear if the clubs in B are less busy from those who are doing any of the club loops.

David
Old Feb 4, 2023, 2:31 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by DELee
With the new club open, would be interested to hear if the clubs in B are less busy from those who are doing any of the club loops.

David
They are. I spoke with the GS Premium Services manager who is in charge of the clubs and he said that they were considerably less crowded now since the opening of the new C.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
They are. I spoke with the GS Premium Services manager who is in charge of the clubs and he said that they were considerably less crowded now since the opening of the new C.
That's pretty good news. I'll take a look at C the next time I'm in ORD. I'm still pretty convinced that B18 is the best lounge for me. New and shiny always attract attention and it's likely to be full and loud.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Ah, what I suspected - the ORDians are the cause of such crowding at those UCs.

David
Old Feb 4, 2023, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I went to the new ORD C United Club today. What a huge disappointment. It's brand new and furniture is already dirty and scuffed. People working the buffet and supposed to be clearing tables just standing around chitchatting while tables sit with dirty dishes. I do not like the areas to drop dirty dishes as I heard employees telling passengers to bus their own tables and bring them there. Not to mention the robot rolling through the lounge loaded with trash and dishes. What a waste of money. The food is mediocre as well. Compare this to the new Sky Club at ORD and there is no comparison. I think I made the right decision in cutting my UA flights last year and dropping from GS to 1K. This plus a whole host of other issues.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 5:56 pm

I was at the F club earlier and the robots are already broken. The one they had there was spinning in a circle and bumping into people and tables. Kinda funny that they want to replace employees with this and they donít work
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Somebody’s high hopes for a fat bonus for coming up with the idea of using robots to replace humans in the UC’s are probably now dashed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.