Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6 5:45 a.m. - 7:45 p.m. **Limited food, but getting increasingly better. Note the reduced operating hours.**

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks**

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by legalalien
Only works of the connection is to or from AA, since you need a same-day flight on UA to enter.
No. UC are now departure lounges - you need a departing boarding pass on UA, not an arrival boarding pass, that won't get you in.
Old May 24, 2021, 4:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
... UC are now departure lounges - you need a departing boarding pass on UA, not an arrival boarding pass, that won't get you in.
Not correct

Effective November 1, 2019, United Club customers, including members and their guests, and one-time pass holders will need to provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star Alliance or a contracted partner for entry into all United Club locations. Admittance to United Club locations is permitted only at the departure and arrival airports for United, Star Alliance or contracted partner operated flights. See United Club terms and conditions
Club member/one-time pass access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)
Old May 25, 2021, 8:43 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
No. UC are now departure lounges - you need a departing boarding pass on UA, not an arrival boarding pass, that won't get you in.
I stop after landing all the time to get through incremental e-mails before starting logistics to meetings or my hotel. At LAX last week the agent saw my boarding pass and said "thank you for being Global, how was your flight in?". I've never even run into a confused agent who tried to turn me away or anything.
iluv2fly, SPN Lifer, Xyzzy and 4 others like this.
Old May 25, 2021, 4:34 pm

Programs: United 4MM GS, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Not in my experience. Have never had an agent question my incoming boarding pass for UC entry
Old May 25, 2021, 4:58 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Just to jump on the band wagon: Up until the COVID forced closure of the CLE Club I would virtually always stop by on both ends of a trip both to get the scan to keep the census high and also occasionally to chat with friendly agents grab a snack before I hit the car whatever. It's possible if you don't have a club membership it might be a departure only-experience but even that I don't think is accurate
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Posting from C16 club after landing from TPA today. They have bags of food to go or take back to your seat: chips, apple, cookie, and a greek salad. Same limited bar service (no bar seating) and a soda machine. Not crowded at 6:30pm on Tuesday.
SPN Lifer, sobore and Dyce like this.
Old May 29, 2021, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Five minutes ago per the agent at the B6 club "B18 is going to open any day and F club will open soon, in June." Won't come soon enough!

Edited to add: Another agent clarified they have heard the F club will open by the end of June.
sobore, tcdtcd and Dublin_rfk like this.

Last edited by dorisrpas; May 29, 2021 at 1:02 pm
Old Jun 1, 2021, 8:40 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
ORD B6 absolutely packed this AM by 8AM. More of a 50/50 mix between the Mexico vacation set and business travelers (judging by attire and laptop/work time versus mimosas). Basically every chair/table was occupied by the time I left at 8:15. They really need to get B18 and F open.
goodeats21, tcdtcd, atword and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Went by the C16 UC yesterday. As mentioned above there's only beer and wine at the bar. Thankfully they have coffee and a Coke Free Style Machine. Food is really pathetic unless you like packaged snacks. I would have loved it as a kid what with the Doritos and Teddy Grahams.

Still glad it's open but wow did they do it on the cheap.
SPN Lifer and sobore like this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
Went by the C16 UC yesterday. As mentioned above there's only beer and wine at the bar. Thankfully they have coffee and a Coke Free Style Machine. Food is really pathetic unless you like packaged snacks. I would have loved it as a kid what with the Doritos and Teddy Grahams.
So nothing has changed?
But that's still better than schlepping over to B.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 5:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Went by the C16 UC yesterday. ....
DId not C16 UC lose its kitchen area to the Polaris Lounge?
Old Jun 9, 2021, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes, it did. However, I have doubts that B6 UC is using its kitchen currently. So it's a little odd that C16 is even more reduced offerings.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
C16 is supposed to be expanded and hot food returned. Current footprint was supposed to be temporary. No idea of post-covid plans.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The kitchen the closed Polaris Lounge isn't using? There's no reason they can't have the same products here they have in B. They had no issues in 2019 matching the food levels of the other clubs.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM

I was in the C16 lounge a couple of times last week, one late in the day and the second around 7am and the "food" was basically nothing. At least in the afternoon, there were some slim Jims and cheese that I took with me for the rental car bus, but breakfast was nothing at all, so I ended up fighting the early AM tide at McDonalds instead.

That said, its nice to have it open again. I've been back on the road since med February after my 1 yr long Covid induced break. It was getting really old having to walk over the B lounge since all my flights had either an arrival or departure in C.

Logic would say don't bother to do that walk, but the gene I have making me want to maximize my value before my UC membership expires, and won't be renewed likely, at the end of June had me making the hike.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.