Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
B18 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B18 **has reopened**

B6 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse B, near Gate B6 5:45 a.m. - 7:45 p.m. **Limited food, but getting increasingly better. Note the reduced operating hours.**

C16 United Club Terminal 1, Concourse C, near Gate C16 **Open as of May 24, 2021 with limited bar service and packaged snacks**

F8 United Club Terminal 2, Concourse F, across from Gate F8 **Opened as of 30 June 2021**

United Polaris lounge - Eligible customers are welcome Terminal 1, C concourse, near Gate C18.
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all {ORD} UC location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.

Related: International T5 ORD partner *G lounges

Archive thread: Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Lunch and dinner is more than salad, cut up vegetables and cheese. There is usually a hot dish: in the past two years, I had lasagna, chicken tetrazzini, chicken tortilla and now in the rotation it's the beef.

But not in the UC in the C terminal. There's no kitchen there.
Actually there is a kitchen connected to the C concourse UC. But it's used for the Polaris Lounge, which it's also connected to.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by transportprof
Actually there is a kitchen connected to the C concourse UC. But it's used for the Polaris Lounge, which it's also connected to.
I know that but, since the Polaris Lounge does not want to share the kitchen with the UC, it's irrelevant. There will only be hot food in the C Terminal UC when they open in a new location. I think that they are working on it but have no clue when that will happen.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Thingy, United MileagePlus Silver, blah on others
I think all of the airline clubs at ORD are pretty small - both the United Clubs and Admirals Clubs are a lot smaller than I expected. Likely just a result of those terminals being so old and having so little space at that crazy airport.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by elperro
I think all of the airline clubs at ORD are pretty small - both the United Clubs and Admirals Clubs are a lot smaller than I expected. Likely just a result of those terminals being so old and having so little space at that crazy airport.
I consider the UC near B6 to plenty large. In fact, it was expanded five or so years ago.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:08 pm

The B6 club is huge and UA has 4 clubs across 2 terminals + the Polaris Lounge. Plenty of space. Not sure about AA.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B

The B6 club is huge and UA has 4 clubs across 2 terminals + the Polaris Lounge. Plenty of space. Not sure about AA.
The UC in T2 is plenty big as well.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The B18 United Club is definitely small (though bigger than it was a decade ago when it was a small room with no bathrooms) and since the Polaris Lounge was built the C UC is pretty small too. But B8 and the E/F Club are both really big. If I have a long layover I'll walk to Terminal 2 to use that Club because it's so nice.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
The B18 United Club is definitely small (though bigger than it was a decade ago when it was a small room with no bathrooms) and since the Polaris Lounge was built the C UC is pretty small too. But B8 and the E/F Club are both really big. If I have a long layover I'll walk to Terminal 2 to use that Club because it's so nice.
Yes, the T2 club is among the nicer ones in the system, including view.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LIH
The only time the C16 lounge is acceptable is when I am on a 7:30 AM or earlier flight. By the time I am going to board a 7:30 flight it is already getting unbearably crowded on a weekday.
I went in it for the first time in quite a while, and just thought "Where did all the seating go?" It was packed, feels almost like the one in F before it got moved. Just no empty seats, the little corner where the food and drinks are is unbearably busy, and since the food is on a corner it just gets jammed up. Not sure who they hired to do the floor plan, but they should not use them again.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Yean and did u notice the plastic plates????
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Been a while since I connected thru ORD, but thought I might as well use one of my expiring vouchers @ a UA club on my 3 hour layover today. (I rarely use the UA clubs as I have Priority Pass thru my Chase CC & they have lounges @ most of my main airports).

Unfortunately made the mistake of using the C16 Club. What a waste of a voucher. Completely packed, plastic cutlery & paper/plastic bowls. Worst of all NO HOT SOUP. Just crudites, salad, snack mixes, etc. Bar had beer & wine only, no hard liquor
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
Been a while since I connected thru ORD, but thought I might as well use one of my expiring vouchers @ a UA club on my 3 hour layover today. (I rarely use the UA clubs as I have Priority Pass thru my Chase CC & they have lounges @ most of my main airports).

Unfortunately made the mistake of using the C16 Club. What a waste of a voucher. Completely packed, plastic cutlery & paper/plastic bowls. Worst of all NO HOT SOUP. Just crudites, salad, snack mixes, etc. Bar had beer & wine only, no hard liquor
3 hours is too much time to be subjected to the misery of the C16 UC.

Question: did you check-in online? On every boarding pass that I have for flights that pass through ORD, I get a warning to avoid the C16 UC. The statement says: "Please use the UCs in B6 or B18 due to potential overcrowding in C16". The statement should add: "No hot food, only wine and beer".

The funny thing is that I even get that warning statement when I'm flying Polaris Business on an international long haul and have access to the Polaris Lounge next door. And there's never a statement that says that I'm allowed to use the Polaris Lounge.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
3 hours is too much time to be subjected to the misery of the C16 UC.

Question: did you check-in online? On every boarding pass that I have for flights that pass through ORD, I get a warning to avoid the C16 UC. The statement says: "Please use the UCs in B6 or B18 due to potential overcrowding in C16". The statement should add: "No hot food, only wine and beer".

The funny thing is that I even get that warning statement when I'm flying Polaris Business on an international long haul and have access to the Polaris Lounge next door. And there's never a statement that says that I'm allowed to use the Polaris Lounge.
I did check in online for my original flight, but SDC'd to go thru ORD. Unfortunately I did not do my homework on the club situation here. Live and learn

It's 730 pm now (about 1 hour in) & the club has cleared out pretty well. I'm in the corner plugging away @ work, so its not too bad. But the NO hot soup is what really irked me. That is one of the things I really look forward to when I visit a UA club. That & a good Gin & Tonic
SkiPremier likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:02 am

ORD Lounge Recommendations - Incoming *A Business Class connecting to UA domestic

Hello - my parents are flying from FRA to ORD with Lufthansa (one ticket in Business, one in First). They will be catching a domestic connection from ORD onwards.

What are your recommendations in terms of lounges for the 3 hour layover? It seems like they cannot use the Polaris lounge (arrival benefits do not extend to Star Alliance flights). Should they instead go for one of the International terminal Star Alliance ones? I guess one alternative is to just do the United Club (both are Senator Gold with Lufthansa) but those typically aren't as great. Is there one particular stand-out United Club, i.e. also with showers?

Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nygiants242
Hello - my parents are flying from FRA to ORD with Lufthansa (one ticket in Business, one in First). They will be catching a domestic connection from ORD onwards.

What are your recommendations in terms of lounges for the 3 hour layover? It seems like they cannot use the Polaris lounge (arrival benefits do not extend to Star Alliance flights). Should they instead go for one of the International terminal Star Alliance ones? I guess one alternative is to just do the United Club (both are Senator Gold with Lufthansa) but those typically aren't as great. Is there one particular stand-out United Club, i.e. also with showers?

Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you.
No access to the Polaris lounge, and no United Clubs have showers. And they'll be land-side after clearing immigration at T5; especially given the current transportation situation -- the train is out of service and they're using buses -- I wouldn't even think about trying to go back through security there, use a lounge, and then exit security again to the get to my UA flight. I'd just go to the UC nearest my gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.