Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:37 am

Programs: QF Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, JAL JGC Sapphire
Originally Posted by kevinyhli
Happy to report that Al Mourjan North is now open (and reporting from the lounge currently). The lounge apparently only opened yesterday (4/Nov) and it looks like most people still don't know about it, and hence it is very quiet (and I was able to grab a shower straight away!)

The lounge is not as big as I thought though - will see how busy it will get when more people are being directed here. Offering are similar to the existing lounge, but you can see staff are not very experienced and service is still not very polished.
Just some photos from my visit

Currently you enter the lounge from the east side of the terminal, head up an escalator to the reception area. Once in (facing South), left hand side is the deli area, and there is a bar in the middle of the lounge. To the far right (West side) is the dinning area where there is a small buffet and then a la carte menu like the previous lounge. There were around 10 male shower rooms and I was able to get one straight away (as the lounge is not yet busy)

Fire escape map. the right hand side open lounge areas are what is currently open, and it is believed that the left hand side areas will be the garden lounges (not yet open)

Entrance to the lounge

Looking from west to east

Self service beverage station near dinning area

Dinning area

Buffet at dinning area

Looking from east to west from centre of the lounge

Looking south back into the concourse

Nice piece in front of the female prayer room/shower area
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:45 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
Thanks for the pics, it looks great so far.
BERGBRLY and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:48 am

Programs: BA, QR status varies from rags to riches - now gold, IHG Diamond Elite
Thanks for all the info - and the pics. I will be travelling ex DOH in J this Friday so will have Al Mourjan access. Does anyone know which concourse the new AM North lounge serves? Sometimes I travel from a C gate and occasionally it is an A or B gate.

Thanks is advance, Grantosol
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Grantosol
Thanks for all the info - and the pics. I will be travelling ex DOH in J this Friday so will have Al Mourjan access. Does anyone know which concourse the new AM North lounge serves? Sometimes I travel from a C gate and occasionally it is an A or B gate.

Thanks is advance, Grantosol
​​​​​​I doubt you will be restricted in access based on where your flight departs from. But as it is located at the opposite end of the airport than the A and B gates, those can be a bit of a walk. But then again we have all gotten use to the trek in the opposite direction from the AM south lounge to the high C gates.....
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 4:15 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Great photos, thanks for posting. Out of interest, was there a gym in the lounge? - I remember reading somewhere a while back that one was being planned …
Old Nov 7, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by ecanem22
Garden lounge will be the new Al Mourjan North, maybe next week opening. Current new north al Mourjan will become north plat lounge (2nd) according to staff today.
Fire escape map. the right hand side open lounge areas are what is currently open, and it is believed that the left hand side areas will be the garden lounges (not yet open)
So those pics are of the new Platinum north lounge instead (temporarily used as AM North)? The actual AM North which is supposed to face the new indoor garden is not yet open ? I’m confused.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by nomadabroad
So those pics are of the new Platinum north lounge instead (temporarily used as AM North)? The actual AM North which is supposed to face the new indoor garden is not yet open ? I’m confused.
That's correct.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:02 am

Does anyone e happen to have a link to the AM North menu? Wondering if the wine/food options are the same as AM South. Was there a la crate table service like in the south lounge?
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by NickRivas
Does anyone e happen to have a link to the AM North menu? Wondering if the wine/food options are the same as AM South. Was there a la crate table service like in the south lounge?
as above, the current AM north is actually the new Plat north lounge repurposed temporarily, we won’t know what the real AM north looks like until it opens next week.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by nomadabroad
as above, the current AM north is actually the new Plat north lounge repurposed temporarily, we won’t know what the real AM north looks like until it opens next week.
Yes I understand that, but if the space for the Plat N is being used as AM North…my question is if there’s a la carte service and if so a link to the menu. I would think that if they have “AM North” in that space, it would include the AM service / menu…otherwise it would simply be the Plat N lounge space & service. My question is if the menu is the same as the south lounge or if it differed in wine/food selection.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by NickRivas
Yes I understand that, but if the space for the Plat N is being used as AM North…my question is if there’s a la carte service and if so a link to the menu. I would think that if they have “AM North” in that space, it would include the AM service / menu…otherwise it would simply be the Plat N lounge space & service. My question is if the menu is the same as the south lounge or if it differed in wine/food selection.
So far they haven’t added a “north” or “south” wording on the AM nov menus

Links below

https://www.qatarairways.com/content...dinning-en.pdf

https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

https:/www.qatarairways.com/content/dam/hia/pdf/qr-platinum-south-en.pdf
Loungeabout likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:32 am

^thanks for the info! Very strange as the last 2-3 weeks they’ve had AM “south” on the menu, seems they removed it for some reason
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:06 pm

Just some photos from my visit

Currently you enter the lounge from the east side of the terminal, head up an escalator to the reception area. Once in (facing South), left hand side is the deli area, and there is a bar in the middle of the lounge. To the far right (West side) is the dinning area where there is a small buffet and then a la carte menu like the previous lounge. There were around 10 male shower rooms and I was able to get one straight away (as the lounge is not yet busy)
How was the shower room? I've always found the normal Al Mourjan lounge showers to be awful - there's very poor ventilation, so it gets super hot & humid after showering, which isn't great for feeling refreshed after a long flight!
stephenjc likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EP
How do you get to the North lounge from the south one? Not super familiar with the airport and have only been to the south AM lounge
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by craig_2029
How do you get to the North lounge from the south one? Not super familiar with the airport and have only been to the south AM lounge
If you either walk along the C gates, or take the train, once you get to the end where the terminal splits in to two arms, you will see the signs for the North AM on the far side of the stairs down to the bus gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.