QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:37 am
  #1786  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: QF Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, JAL JGC Sapphire
Posts: 42
Originally Posted by kevinyhli
Happy to report that Al Mourjan North is now open (and reporting from the lounge currently). The lounge apparently only opened yesterday (4/Nov) and it looks like most people still don't know about it, and hence it is very quiet (and I was able to grab a shower straight away!)

The lounge is not as big as I thought though - will see how busy it will get when more people are being directed here. Offering are similar to the existing lounge, but you can see staff are not very experienced and service is still not very polished.
Just some photos from my visit

Currently you enter the lounge from the east side of the terminal, head up an escalator to the reception area. Once in (facing South), left hand side is the deli area, and there is a bar in the middle of the lounge. To the far right (West side) is the dinning area where there is a small buffet and then a la carte menu like the previous lounge. There were around 10 male shower rooms and I was able to get one straight away (as the lounge is not yet busy)


Fire escape map. the right hand side open lounge areas are what is currently open, and it is believed that the left hand side areas will be the garden lounges (not yet open)


Entrance to the lounge



Looking from west to east


Self service beverage station near dinning area


Dinning area


Buffet at dinning area


Looking from east to west from centre of the lounge


Looking south back into the concourse


Nice piece in front of the female prayer room/shower area
kevinyhli is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:45 am
  #1787  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: London
Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
Posts: 213
Thanks for the pics, it looks great so far.
BERGBRLY and nilsfr69 like this.
Loungeabout is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:48 am
  #1788  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dublin, Ireland / Doha, Qatar
Programs: BA, QR status varies from rags to riches - now gold, IHG Diamond Elite
Posts: 552
Thanks for all the info - and the pics. I will be travelling ex DOH in J this Friday so will have Al Mourjan access. Does anyone know which concourse the new AM North lounge serves? Sometimes I travel from a C gate and occasionally it is an A or B gate.

Thanks is advance, Grantosol
Grantosol is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:54 am
  #1789  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Posts: 21,705
Originally Posted by Grantosol
Thanks for all the info - and the pics. I will be travelling ex DOH in J this Friday so will have Al Mourjan access. Does anyone know which concourse the new AM North lounge serves? Sometimes I travel from a C gate and occasionally it is an A or B gate.

Thanks is advance, Grantosol
​​​​​​I doubt you will be restricted in access based on where your flight departs from. But as it is located at the opposite end of the airport than the A and B gates, those can be a bit of a walk. But then again we have all gotten use to the trek in the opposite direction from the AM south lounge to the high C gates.....
SullyofDoha likes this.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 4:15 am
  #1790  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Posts: 529
Great photos, thanks for posting. Out of interest, was there a gym in the lounge? - I remember reading somewhere a while back that one was being planned …
im.daniel is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 8:14 am
  #1791  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Posts: 704
Originally Posted by ecanem22
Garden lounge will be the new Al Mourjan North, maybe next week opening. Current new north al Mourjan will become north plat lounge (2nd) according to staff today.
Originally Posted by kevinyhli
Fire escape map. the right hand side open lounge areas are what is currently open, and it is believed that the left hand side areas will be the garden lounges (not yet open)
So those pics are of the new Platinum north lounge instead (temporarily used as AM North)? The actual AM North which is supposed to face the new indoor garden is not yet open ? Im confused.
nomadabroad is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 8:43 am
  #1792  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,112
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
So those pics are of the new Platinum north lounge instead (temporarily used as AM North)? The actual AM North which is supposed to face the new indoor garden is not yet open ? Im confused.
That's correct.
AirbusA350 is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:02 am
  #1793  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 718
Does anyone e happen to have a link to the AM North menu? Wondering if the wine/food options are the same as AM South. Was there a la crate table service like in the south lounge?
NickRivas is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:20 am
  #1794  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Posts: 704
Originally Posted by NickRivas
Does anyone e happen to have a link to the AM North menu? Wondering if the wine/food options are the same as AM South. Was there a la crate table service like in the south lounge?
as above, the current AM north is actually the new Plat north lounge repurposed temporarily, we wont know what the real AM north looks like until it opens next week.
nomadabroad is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:29 am
  #1795  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 718
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
as above, the current AM north is actually the new Plat north lounge repurposed temporarily, we wont know what the real AM north looks like until it opens next week.
Yes I understand that, but if the space for the Plat N is being used as AM Northmy question is if theres a la carte service and if so a link to the menu. I would think that if they have AM North in that space, it would include the AM service / menuotherwise it would simply be the Plat N lounge space & service. My question is if the menu is the same as the south lounge or if it differed in wine/food selection.
NickRivas is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:43 am
  #1796  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Posts: 704
Originally Posted by NickRivas
Yes I understand that, but if the space for the Plat N is being used as AM Northmy question is if theres a la carte service and if so a link to the menu. I would think that if they have AM North in that space, it would include the AM service / menuotherwise it would simply be the Plat N lounge space & service. My question is if the menu is the same as the south lounge or if it differed in wine/food selection.
So far they havent added a north or south wording on the AM nov menus

Links below

https://www.qatarairways.com/content...dinning-en.pdf

https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

https:/www.qatarairways.com/content/dam/hia/pdf/qr-platinum-south-en.pdf
Loungeabout likes this.
nomadabroad is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:32 am
  #1797  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 718
^thanks for the info! Very strange as the last 2-3 weeks theyve had AM south on the menu, seems they removed it for some reason
NickRivas is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:06 pm
  #1798  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 78
Originally Posted by kevinyhli
Just some photos from my visit

Currently you enter the lounge from the east side of the terminal, head up an escalator to the reception area. Once in (facing South), left hand side is the deli area, and there is a bar in the middle of the lounge. To the far right (West side) is the dinning area where there is a small buffet and then a la carte menu like the previous lounge. There were around 10 male shower rooms and I was able to get one straight away (as the lounge is not yet busy)
How was the shower room? I've always found the normal Al Mourjan lounge showers to be awful - there's very poor ventilation, so it gets super hot & humid after showering, which isn't great for feeling refreshed after a long flight!
stephenjc likes this.
tvmatt is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:34 pm
  #1799  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: DFW
Programs: AA EP
Posts: 107
How do you get to the North lounge from the south one? Not super familiar with the airport and have only been to the south AM lounge
craig_2029 is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:46 pm
  #1800  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Posts: 21,705
Originally Posted by craig_2029
How do you get to the North lounge from the south one? Not super familiar with the airport and have only been to the south AM lounge
If you either walk along the C gates, or take the train, once you get to the end where the terminal splits in to two arms, you will see the signs for the North AM on the far side of the stairs down to the bus gates.
CPH-Flyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.