QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Nov 24, 2022, 3:54 pm

Orchard Field (ORD)
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by arabiamark
Just did a general tour of the surroundings. The situation has not changed. Just Al Mourjan North is open. I asked about the other lounges and the people were kind of evasive and looking at the floor and saying they didn't know. From what I could view, these lounges are nowhere near being ready to open. I would be happy to be wrong, but I've seen what it looks like when a lounge it about to open. That ain't it. So if you're passing through this month or even next month I would expect the same situation as now. Again I would be happy to be wrong.

On a positive note the AM North lounge is still apparently undiscovered by the masses and still mostly wide open. The garden area is open, and so are most of the shops around it. Apparently they are changing the name of the garden to the 'Orchard.' Maybe they're trying to avoid grumblings about stealing from Singapore. Someone should tell them about Orchard Road.
But they were already grumbling that Singapore stole from them, since the plans have been public for so long...
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
bin there 2 weeks ago, NOTHING would suggest that it is anything near the very over the top waterfall in SIN. It is a nice small little garden area, with a SMALL, near the escalator waterfall and some highso shopping stores, most of them still closed. The quiet garden area was already in use by backpacking tourist to sleep in between the green and relax.
SIN would and should be embarrassed if anybody said that THIS is a copy of them....
Philyer likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 3:34 am

Thanks for sharing your updates arabiamark and nilsfr69. I'm really interested in your opinions of the current north lounge compared to the regular Al Mourjan.
Being quieter sounds great! Did you try any of the food and beverage options?

Cheers,
Phil
Old Nov 25, 2022, 7:08 am

The Al-Mourjan North is in the original North Node side. The new larger Al-Mourjan Garden will be overlooking the garden.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I liked the open space and quietness/emptiness of the NorthLounge, the food was almost the same. Some warm items were missing in the small buffet. I did not check if they had the same online menue as the south AM
Loungeabout likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 8:01 am

Apologies in advance, I'm new to award travel so still trying to get my bearings. I tried searching for this, but couldn't get a clear answer.

If traveling on an award J fare from US-DOH then award Y fare from DOH-India, would I qualify for AM access? If not, any other lounges I could visit (no other statuses, only PP - showing access to Al Maha)?

There's still award J fares on my flight to India from DOH, but since it's only three hours and double the points of Y, I didn't think it was worth booking J on an A330-300. Am I wrong, would J be worth it?

Thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2022, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by flyinggreenbean
Apologies in advance, I'm new to award travel so still trying to get my bearings. I tried searching for this, but couldn't get a clear answer.

If traveling on an award J fare from US-DOH then award Y fare from DOH-India, would I qualify for AM access? If not, any other lounges I could visit (no other statuses, only PP - showing access to Al Maha)?

There's still award J fares on my flight to India from DOH, but since it's only three hours and double the points of Y, I didn't think it was worth booking J on an A330-300. Am I wrong, would J be worth it?

Thanks!
If your India flight is less than 5 hours, Oneworld rules will kick in and give you lounge access. I am not quite sure which lounge would count as the business class lounge, but I would expect the Gold Lounge
Old Nov 26, 2022, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
A further bit of info. I asked several different people when the other lounges would open. Most just said they didn't know. One person said they didn't know at first. Then, after a nervous moment, blurted out "January or February." Based on what I could see from below of the not yet opened lounges I would say it's going to be at least that long.

One other thing about the AM North lounge. The so-called quiet area, the one with lounge chairs where you can stretch out, isn't so quiet. It's right next to the train tracks. While the train itself doesn't pass there, the cable that moves it runs by there. And it works very noisily. So just a heads up for anyone looking for peace and quiet there.

I didn't try the food options except a bag of chips. The wine was the same stuff they had in the main Al Mourjan and the Platinum South Lounge.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If your India flight is less than 5 hours, Oneworld rules will kick in and give you lounge access. I am not quite sure which lounge would count as the business class lounge, but I would expect the Gold Lounge
Thank you!
Old Nov 28, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
The Orchard

I travelled through Doha last night, as stated before the new frequent flyer lounges in the North Node are showing no signs of opening.
However, I must say I was surprised by the sheer size and scale of the Orchard area, it was a god send of space & calmness after the Teddy Bear end. See some pics attached.

N1Rotate likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 9:00 am

Anyone know what this suspension refers to? I can't seem to be able to purchase access to the AM Lounge on my Manage Booking page either.. The only item shown is my Silver Lounge

EDIT: Called the hotline - told me that due to the FIFA World Cup, from 15 Nov to 20 Dec, the lounges are still operational to honour purchases made before 15 Nov (and the normal J passengers I assume?) but are not available for cash purchase anymore. Wondering if anyone was able to purchase access on-site from 15 Nov onwards? Or would be great if someone could try ask a lounge agent to confirm. I'll try my luck when I'm there next week too.

Last edited by putraz; Nov 28, 2022 at 10:01 am
Old Dec 5, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Disappointed in the Al Mourjan South lounge (no self serve food)

I am transiting in Doha, had about 1/2 hour-45 mins to spend in the lounge. I was surprised to find that there is virtually no food available unless you want to sit down for a meal in one of the restaurants, which I don't have time for and wouldn't have wanted to do anyway because I needed to catch up on work during this time. There were a few wines and beers out, and at one far end of the lounge there was some hummos (no bread, chips or anything else with it to eat it with), tabbouleh, and cakes. That's it. The lounge looks nice and was uncrowded but if I'd known there was no food I'd probably have stayed in the terminal...perhaps some of the other lounges here are better.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by MikeBOS
I am transiting in Doha, had about 1/2 hour-45 mins to spend in the lounge. I was surprised to find that there is virtually no food available unless you want to sit down for a meal in one of the restaurants, which I don't have time for and wouldn't have wanted to do anyway because I needed to catch up on work during this time. There were a few wines and beers out, and at one far end of the lounge there was some hummos (no bread, chips or anything else with it to eat it with), tabbouleh, and cakes. That's it. The lounge looks nice and was uncrowded but if I'd known there was no food I'd probably have stayed in the terminal...perhaps some of the other lounges here are better.
the lounge was not crowded and yet, you refused to go to the a la carte food section upstairs (where they usually will have self serve options in addition to the a la carte menu), and now blaming the lounge for “no food”….lol I’m confused? Perhaps you should have went to the less-premium Silver /Gold lounge if a la carte food options are not your cup of tea they do have a good selection of self-serve options.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
the lounge was not crowded and yet, you refused to go to the a la carte food section upstairs (where they usually will have self serve options in addition to the a la carte menu), and now blaming the lounge for “no food”….lol I’m confused? Perhaps you should have went to the less-premium Silver /Gold lounge if a la carte food options are not your cup of tea they do have a good selection of self-serve options.
I asked two different staff members whether it was possible to get food anywhere in the lounge without ordering it from a server, which would have taken too much time, and both said there was nowhere in the lounge where that was possible. If that information was wrong the staff should have given me the right information.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.