QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Other options

The area near the Deli Bar is the best option but it is often full, especially at your arrival time. An alternative area has sleeping couches/dividers just on your right near the cloakroom as you enter the lounge. It can be a little noisy though, but is out of the way and private. Enjoy!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by When I Travel The World
I think they changed the rules for STPC and my layover time is 7hours and 15 minutes, sorry arrival time is 11.35PM
I believe it needs to be over 8 (ahh so close)
Note that even if above 8 hours, Sake fares don't qualify for a free transit hotel in any case by virtue of the fare being too low (believe the cut off is something like US$500 base fare), so you'd have to pay $150 to get one anyway.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:43 am

puchong since you are departing DOH on a Oneworld Business class boarding pass then you will have access to Al Mourjan.
For Al Mourjan OWE does not permit access it is only the class of travel that counts.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by puchong
Would an Emerald passenger from another Oneworld carrier get access to the Al Mourjan lounge if he is flying on Sri Lankan (UL) in Business Class ex Doha? If not, what lounge can he use without having to pay?
Yes. Emerald status is irrelevant for admission to the QR lounges in Doha, Al Mourjan and Al Safwa. The carrier to which you're crediting the miles for the flight is also irrelevant. It's your ticketed cabin that gets you in, no status necessary. If you're ticketed in the J cabin on UL ex-Doha, you will be admitted to the Al Mourjan lounge.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:26 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Note that even if above 8 hours, Sake fares don't qualify for a free transit hotel in any case by virtue of the fare being too low (believe the cut off is something like US$500 base fare), so you'd have to pay $150 to get one anyway.
Ahh thanks for that input. Well another night sleeping rough in the lounge it is.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by Professional Bum
Yes, I have stayed at AM for 14 hours and I got some decent amount of sleep. Upon entering AM, go to your left and walk to the far end of the hall. There you will see the sandwich/deli restaurant. Walk in and to your right after the bar you will find the quiet area and shower rooms. They have way bigger cubicles there and each one would have a huge couch where you can sleep. A staff will assign a cubicle to you and it's yours for the whole duration of your transit.
Exactly. Enter the Deli and the sleeping area is on your left (not to the right) unless they have two of them. The bathrooms are to the right in my recollection. Fantastic in every way.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Braniff
Enter the Deli and the sleeping area is on your left (not to the right) unless they have two of them.
The deli only has one sleeping area, adjacent to the showers. Enter the deli, walk past the first, long counter on the right. At the end of that counter (i.e., before the second counter, which has coffee, desserts, etc.), there's an opening in the wall on the right and a corridor. Walk to the end of that corridor. When you can't go any more, turn right, then left and you'll be in the shower area. Reception desk is on the right, and the sleeping/rest area is opposite the desk. Check in at the desk and you will be assigned a sleeping/rest room if one is available.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:02 pm

Braniff I think that you are talking about the so called 'Family rooms' on the left side of the deli about halfway down. In my opinion they are not very good because they are open, very light and noisy.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
Braniff I think that you are talking about the so called 'Family rooms' on the left side of the deli about halfway down. In my opinion they are not very good because they are open, very light and noisy.
Thanks for this information. The ones I am referring to are indeed open. I will make the right turn, in both senses of the word, next time !
Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:16 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Does anyone who has passed through in the last week or two know if the Billecart-Salmon Rose is still on offering, or has the Lanson taken over?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does QR read FT? I would be interested to hear the reaction to the views expressed in this thread about lounge access.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Does anyone who has passed through in the last week or two know if the Billecart-Salmon Rose is still on offering, or has the Lanson taken over?
In the lounge they serve Piper-Heidsieck Rose, and Billecart-Salmon Brut.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:54 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by duvin
In the lounge they serve Piper-Heidsieck Rose, and Billecart-Salmon Brut.
Wonderful, Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:55 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I was very pleased to see that they were serving Pommery Cuvee Louise 2002 in the Deli when we visited last Saturday night/early Sunday AM quite a few glasses later we toddled off to our connecting flight to OSL ^

Also, I had asked upthread about incorporating a trip to the Arrivals Lounge for a longer layover - our experience of doing this for an 8 hour stretch is below, in case it's helpful:
  • The new visa-free process makes this very simple was fun to experience the premium passport control section, with its acres of space and furniture, presumably all very little used
  • Out through baggage and customs at 11:30pm, we located the Arrivals Lounge easily the attendant at the door noted that we would likely be more comfortable spending some time there, and then moving through to Al Mourjan when the overnight rush had died down
  • Staff didnt quite know what to make of us but were unfailingly helpful and attentive other than a grand total of 5 other pax who popped in for a coffee while waiting for taxis we were the only customers, and certainly the only ones who spent more than 15 minutes there
  • We had our pick of the very nice shower facilities, we snoozed and hung out on the sofas for a while and then had a bite to eat from the sandwich menu that took us up to around 4am, when we then headed upstairs to pass through the Al Mourjan passports and security section (the only customers at that time - much preferred to the manic transfer security section) and then through to the Al Mourjan lounge, which was quite calm before the rush picked up again around 6am or so

This worked well for us, others may prefer to head off to a nearby hotel for a layover of that length
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+
Originally Posted by daftboy
I was very pleased to see that they were serving Pommery Cuvee Louise 2002 in the Deli when we visited last Saturday night/early Sunday AM quite a few glasses later we toddled off to our connecting flight to OSL ^

Also, I had asked upthread about incorporating a trip to the Arrivals Lounge for a longer layover - our experience of doing this for an 8 hour stretch is below, in case it's helpful:
  • The new visa-free process makes this very simple was fun to experience the premium passport control section, with its acres of space and furniture, presumably all very little used
  • Out through baggage and customs at 11:30pm, we located the Arrivals Lounge easily the attendant at the door noted that we would likely be more comfortable spending some time there, and then moving through to Al Mourjan when the overnight rush had died down
  • Staff didnt quite know what to make of us but were unfailingly helpful and attentive other than a grand total of 5 other pax who popped in for a coffee while waiting for taxis we were the only customers, and certainly the only ones who spent more than 15 minutes there
  • We had our pick of the very nice shower facilities, we snoozed and hung out on the sofas for a while and then had a bite to eat from the sandwich menu that took us up to around 4am, when we then headed upstairs to pass through the Al Mourjan passports and security section (the only customers at that time - much preferred to the manic transfer security section) and then through to the Al Mourjan lounge, which was quite calm before the rush picked up again around 6am or so

This worked well for us, others may prefer to head off to a nearby hotel for a layover of that length
Useful information, I didn't expect the arrival lounge to be open overnight, how is their wine and champagne selection?

Would you recommend the sofa there above the sleeping room in Al Mourjan?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.