QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Dec 13, 2022, 10:33 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
In March, I was traveling on Qatar Airways in coach with OneWorld Emerald status. When I flew through Doha, I visited the two-story Al Mourjan lounge with the huge pond inside it.

The app indicates that there are two Al Mourjan lounges. One in the "Main Terminal / A" and one at "HIA / Level 3, Concourse D." Which one is the large one with the pond inside that I visited in March?

Which one is nicer? It looks like they both have showers and quiet relaxation areas? Do they both accept paid entry from non-elite coach passengers on Qatar airways?
the one with the pond is the original al mourjan (aka not al mourjan north) as far as i remember, paid entry is allowed for y pax and business lite pax.

additionally, i believe status pax in y and business lite are now being directed to the gold and plat lounges for ows and owe, respectively.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Supposedly the new AM garden lounge? looks massive and spans the entire length above the new duty free shops facing the new orchard garden.

​​​​​​​
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Looks very close to opening. Last week it had covers on the furniture and no plants evident so would imagine it will be open for the pre Christmas / post world cup rush.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Looks very close to opening. Last week it had covers on the furniture and no plants evident so would imagine it will be open for the pre Christmas / post world cup rush.
Then again, the current AM North looked ready to open for ages, with all the furniture lined up and lights on. So just because it looks ready does not mean it QR is ready to open it.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
I visited the AM North lounge two weeks ago (and promptly went back to original AM lounge).

I was hoping the AM Garden would be open, but the elevators were roped off.

Ill be flying through Doha in 2 days and will see if the AM Garden is open then or when I fly back through there on the 23rd.
Neilgcal likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 4:08 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Hi,

Here is a detailed review of the new Orchard Garden and Al Mourjan North Lounge (translated from french):
https://flight--report-com.translate...en&_x_tr_hl=fr
purple1addict likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: CX DM, TG *G, HH DM
No guests allowed

Originally Posted by clubeurope
the one with the pond is the original al mourjan (aka not al mourjan north) as far as i remember, paid entry is allowed for y pax and business lite pax.

additionally, i believe status pax in y and business lite are now being directed to the gold and plat lounges for ows and owe, respectively.
Flew through DOH a few days back, me in regular Business and wife in Econ (long story). I was told that she could buy access to Al Mourjan, or we could both go to the OWE-lounge. So OWE flying in Business w Qatar can no longer bring a guest to the regular lounge. Which is, I believe, even more restrictive than what SQ practices in Singapore.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Viking
Flew through DOH a few days back, me in regular Business and wife in Econ (long story). I was told that she could buy access to Al Mourjan, or we could both go to the OWE-lounge. So OWE flying in Business w Qatar can no longer bring a guest to the regular lounge. Which is, I believe, even more restrictive than what SQ practices in Singapore.
Al Mourjan isnt a One World lounge... you should have been able to guest her into the QR OWE-lounge thou?
Old Dec 15, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
That's always been the case, as the AM has never been a full OW lounge. There was an exception when the old "F" lounge closed down, and OWE's on Y/P fares were sent to the AM. Now that the Plat lounge has opened, it's back to how it was, which is fair enough.

I'd argue the Plat lounge beats SQ's SKL, which should actually be equivalent to the AM (in terms of entry requirements). AM or Plat, you'd still be better off than in SIN.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
That's not more restrictive than SQ in Singapore. The Silver Kris lounge requires a J boarding pass, and J gives no guest privileges. The Kris Flyer Gold Lounge allows Star Alliance Gold to enter and bring a guest. Unless we are talking about the specific cases around PPS and PPS Solitaire, then basically the same as SQ.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Executive club
Showers

Hi everyone. First time flying Qatar for quite some time. We arrive into Doha at 11pm this evening from Manchester, leaving at 3:40am.

I am aware this is is the peak time for the business lounges. As BA Gold/Oneworld Emerald, what would be the best option for a shower? The main lounge or one of the status lounges?

thanks everyone
Old Dec 17, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Probably Al Mourjan North
Old Dec 17, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Are you flying in Biz? On a non Fare?

Originally Posted by Chrisnichols
Hi everyone. First time flying Qatar for quite some time. We arrive into Doha at 11pm this evening from Manchester, leaving at 3:40am.

I am aware this is is the peak time for the business lounges. As BA Gold/Oneworld Emerald, what would be the best option for a shower? The main lounge or one of the status lounges?

thanks everyone
Old Dec 17, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Executive club
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Are you flying in Biz? On a non Fare?
were flying business
Old Dec 17, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Chrisnichols
we’re flying business
What is your fare class? That'll decide if you get access to one of the AM or status lounges.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.