QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:24 pm

Red face December lounge planning

First post, hi all! ORD-DOH in December arriving ~1730 and on the way back BOM-DOH arriving DOH 0525 before 0810 departure to ORD. All legs in J. This will be 2 days after WC concludes. A few questions:
1) do we think the new Al Mourjan opening will be enough reduce current crowding, or should I try for Al Safwa upgrade?
2) If trying for Al Safwa upgrade, which direction might be a better use of time? I was thinking on way back to US if AM too crowded we could just walk around in duty free but now i'm not so sure.
Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:25 pm
THR

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I have been using it a lot.
Maybe you might know why they consistently run non-QSuite on this route? Hoping it will amend from the old 2-2-2 but I'm surprised Tokyo wouldn't be considered more premium?
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by THR
Maybe you might know why they consistently run non-QSuite on this route? Hoping it will amend from the old 2-2-2 but I'm surprised Tokyo wouldn't be considered more premium?
Both Haneda and Narita used to be A350-1000, then during the pandemic Narita was initially 777-300ER with Q Suites, and suddenly changed to the old seats. It is a bit surprising that they made this change as the business cabin sells very well. If you look at it, it is not rare that it is subbed for a Q Suite plane. I have had pretty good luck in ending up on Q Suites after all.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:00 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Are they still overcooking the steaks in the lounge
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:00 pm
THR

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Both Haneda and Narita used to be A350-1000, then during the pandemic Narita was initially 777-300ER with Q Suites, and suddenly changed to the old seats. It is a bit surprising that they made this change as the business cabin sells very well. If you look at it, it is not rare that it is subbed for a Q Suite plane. I have had pretty good luck in ending up on Q Suites after all.
Thanks - I have been monitoring on EF but the seat map shows that majority are still non-QSuite. Anyway, my flight is a long way away so hopefully they change prior to then.

(Apologies for going off-topic.)
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by db07mufan
Are they still overcooking the steaks in the lounge
Absolutely!
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:30 am
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
15 minute queue for the restaurant 6am on Saturday. Lucky to find an empty table.

One staff member said the new lounge would open in a week's time. Another, more senior, staff member said no date had been fixed, that the new lounge was currently in operational test mode and formal opening was imminent.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
so,all back to normal for QRs "interesting" ground operations.....
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by Globalist
Absolutely!
Yikes
Old Oct 5, 2022, 2:14 pm

Somewhere over the Atlantic now e route to DOH. QR J class looks like were going to be pretty early landing at 0630 giving me four hours at the airport. Anyone know if its possible to upgrade lounge access for a price when I land to the first class lounge to avoid the scrum and if so how to do it and what it might cost? Thank you!
Old Oct 5, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Janos
Somewhere over the Atlantic now e route to DOH. QR J class looks like were going to be pretty early landing at 0630 giving me four hours at the airport. Anyone know if its possible to upgrade lounge access for a price when I land to the first class lounge to avoid the scrum and if so how to do it and what it might cost? Thank you!
I believe if you have Al Mourjan access you can go to Al Safwa and pay on the door at QAR 600 per person.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by Janos
The Mourjan crowd should thin out by about 7:30.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 10:59 pm

Well that was anti-climactic. Found the lounge at around 7:15 and Id say it was at 1/3 capacity? Plenty of showers (walked right in to one in the quiet area) ditto the restaurant. Hit that at 7:45 and it was maybe 1/3rd full as well? Not nearly the hordes I was expecting
Loungeabout likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:00 am

That's not surprising - over half of the morning bank of flights leave by 8am so they would have been boarding by 7am or so.

I'd imagine that 5am-7am would have been something else altogether.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do the staff whisper something about passengers into their earpiece (from the bottom of the escalator to the top) about each passenger into their microphone? or is it just about certain elite passengers? Ive noticed them doing this more often after I get on the escalator and am wondering why?!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.