QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by kevinyhli
Just some photos from my visit

Currently you enter the lounge from the east side of the terminal, head up an escalator to the reception area. Once in (facing South), left hand side is the deli area, and there is a bar in the middle of the lounge. To the far right (West side) is the dinning area where there is a small buffet and then a la carte menu like the previous lounge. There were around 10 male shower rooms and I was able to get one straight away (as the lounge is not yet busy)

Fire escape map. the right hand side open lounge areas are what is currently open, and it is believed that the left hand side areas will be the garden lounges (not yet open)

Entrance to the lounge

Looking from west to east

Self service beverage station near dinning area

Dinning area

Buffet at dinning area

Looking from east to west from centre of the lounge

Looking south back into the concourse

Nice piece in front of the female prayer room/shower area
congrats btw, OMAAT has linked this post to one of his articles describing the temporary AM N
nomadabroad likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Is the newly opened north lounge really only temporary? The signpost below points the plat north lounge in a totally different direction.

Anyway don't really need to share too many more photos but thought I'd share a shower room pic.

The Garden Al Mourjan is due to open next week according to one of the lounge agents.
Neilgcal and Loungeabout like this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
It also signposts 2 Al Mourjan Lounges, both North and Garden. Presumably North is the temporary one and Garden will be the permanent one opening next week?
Old Nov 12, 2022, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Those signs can be changed rather quickly, seems that that the gold & platinum lounge is one, which will probably become the gold lounge, and am north the platinum. And garden am will be the actual new am lounge.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
It also signposts 2 Al Mourjan Lounges, both North and Garden. Presumably North is the temporary one and Garden will be the permanent one opening next week?
Imagine the chaos of someone who doesnt fly QR often trying to navigate which lounge they can go in let alone finding where it is in the terminal lol. The Silver/Platinum/Gold south ones are terribly signposted.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 6:56 am

But why would you go to the effort of putting the metal name on the wall for a temporary lounge?

Some of the terminal signs are very confusing. Once you get to the other side of the garden the signs to the lounges point in the wrong direction.

I'm wondering if the space above the shops is lounge space. There did appear to be work going on up there.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
So, Ill ask the question

Transiting next week in DOH on 18NOV and again on 02DEC.

Having been through there dozens of times, Ive always used Al Mourjan (or Al Sawfa when I was eligible).

Which lounge do I get to use now (OWE flying QR J)? Old school AM, North/new AM, Platinum lounge or garden lounge?

Ive got a 4 hour layover, so Im also willing to lounge hop.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Chewie
So, Ill ask the question

Transiting next week in DOH on 18NOV and again on 02DEC.

Having been through there dozens of times, Ive always used Al Mourjan (or Al Sawfa when I was eligible).

Which lounge do I get to use now (OWE flying QR J)? Old school AM, North/new AM, Platinum lounge or garden lounge?

Ive got a 4 hour layover, so Im also willing to lounge hop.
What's your fare class? If it allows then I would suggest AM North or whatever its called next week otherwise you'll have access to the Platinum lounge.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Can anyone recommend which universities offer the Phd. required to understand Qatar lounge access?
Old Nov 12, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Schwann
What's your fare class? If it allows then I would suggest AM North or whatever its called next week otherwise you'll have access to the Platinum lounge.
Im in business. Fare class shouldnt matter due to the fact I am oneworld emerald, should it?

Since my last visit in September, do OWEs not have access to the OG Al Mourjan?

Still struggling to google and find platinum lounge reviews.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Im in business. Fare class shouldnt matter due to the fact I am oneworld emerald, should it?

OWE is irrelevant for AM access. It's all about a business class ticket (no upgrades and no P class lite tickets).

OWE gets you into the Platinum lounge.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 2:05 am

As the poster above says it does matter. If you are ticketed in P class you wouldn't get access to AM.

There are some experiences of the Platinum lounge available on this forum.
stephenjc and willoL like this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:49 am

My apologies. Never realized that booking class matters for AM. Ive always had access, but probably because Ive always been on a paid business class fare. Didnt think it was related to class of service, rather my OWE status.

Thanks for the clarification (albeit it was spelled out in the wiki as well as throughout the thread, obviously, I missed the well-spelled out details!),

Im in paid I class on all segments.
stephenjc likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
My apologies. Never realized that booking class matters for AM. Ive always had access, but probably because Ive always been on a paid business class fare. Didnt think it was related to class of service, rather my OWE status.

Thanks for the clarification (albeit it was spelled out in the wiki as well as throughout the thread, obviously, I missed the well-spelled out details!),

Im in paid I class on all segments.
No apologies required, paid I class and you're all good! Enjoy your time in the AM, I'm looking forward to trying the new version in Jan.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 4:11 pm

Went to AM North, then regular, then back to North. Arrived around 12a and more staff than passengers. Constantly asked if needed help with anything, food, drink, etc. plenty of space. No quiet rooms. Loungers in the open.

Regular AM around 1:45, No quiet rooms available until 4a but would out our name on the queue even though its first come first serve. Went at 4a as they said and the room was given to someone else. Gave up and went back to AM North and slept in lounger. No problem at 6a for shower or breakfast.

AM Lounge menu.

North shower room

Even at peak busy times there were always some open.

Take train to C gates

Staff said this is new permanent AM lounge. Asked if there was another one and they said no.
Loungeabout likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.