QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Dec 5, 2022, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by MikeBOS
I am transiting in Doha, had about 1/2 hour-45 mins to spend in the lounge. I was surprised to find that there is virtually no food available unless you want to sit down for a meal in one of the restaurants, which I don't have time for and wouldn't have wanted to do anyway because I needed to catch up on work during this time. There were a few wines and beers out, and at one far end of the lounge there was some hummos (no bread, chips or anything else with it to eat it with), tabbouleh, and cakes. That's it. The lounge looks nice and was uncrowded but if I'd known there was no food I'd probably have stayed in the terminal...perhaps some of the other lounges here are better.
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
the lounge was not crowded and yet, you refused to go to the a la carte food section upstairs (where they usually will have self serve options in addition to the a la carte menu), and now blaming the lounge for “no food”….lol I’m confused? Perhaps you should have went to the less-premium Silver /Gold lounge if a la carte food options are not your cup of tea they do have a good selection of self-serve options.
In the past, I had no issues working with my laptop at a corner table at the restaurant at the Al Mourjan South at Doha while eating food ( either from the buffet or via a-la-carte ), however, I could tell that the noise there wouldn't allow conference calls or someone who is noise conscious could easily get distracted as it's not a quiet business corner.
estnet and DiamondMile like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 8:59 am

When I was at Al Mourjan this past summer, there was a small cafe to the far left that had some items out - small stuff but food nevertheless - and also did quick sandwiches, etc.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by erdoran
When I was at Al Mourjan this past summer, there was a small cafe to the far left that had some items out - small stuff but food nevertheless - and also did quick sandwiches, etc.
Yes, that's where I found the hummos and tabbouleh, but it was pretty depleted by 6:30pm when I was there. There were also some cakes but no sandwiches; the offerings were pretty minimal. I found the whole experience a bit odd; I've been to a number of other business class lounges (BA Concorde, UA Polaris, Cathay Pacific The Pier, etc.) and this was the first I encountered where you had to have a full service meal if you wanted food. I understand that I may have been misinformed by staff -- that's why I asked two different people about the options available...
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Yes, that's where I found the hummos and tabbouleh, but it was pretty depleted by 6:30pm when I was there. There were also some cakes but no sandwiches; the offerings were pretty minimal. I found the whole experience a bit odd; I've been to a number of other business class lounges (BA Concorde, UA Polaris, Cathay Pacific The Pier, etc.) and this was the first I encountered where you had to have a full service meal if you wanted food. I understand that I may have been misinformed by staff -- that's why I asked two different people about the options available...
As a side note, BA Concorde Lounge in LHR doesn't have a buffet and anything must be ordered through a server including chips and nuts.
However, the BA Galleries Clubs have buffet food available if someone would ask for a downgrade of a lounge in favor of a buffet
nomadabroad likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
You’ve definitely been misinformed by the lounge staff (or they got confused/misunderstood you). There’s buffet/self serve food on the upstairs restaurant in addition to the a la carte menu. See pics here - https://onemileatatime.com/reviews/qatar-airways-al-mourjan-business-lounge-doha/#qatar_airways_al_mourjan_business_lounge_doha_foo d_drinks

The hot sandwiches on the far left corner you have to order via staff.

Last edited by nomadabroad; Dec 5, 2022 at 12:21 pm
Old Dec 5, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
BA CCR is most certainly not a J lounge. With that out of the way...

It's true that you'll have to be seated at the restaurant to order ala carte items, or the "cafe" area for made to order sandwiches/salads. They won't serve you in the general lounge area, which I do appreciate because it would be chaotic. However, I've never been stopped when taking food or drink out of the "cafe" for outside consumption, so it's certainly possible. I suspect the misunderstanding arose here - you can have food in a quieter part of the lounge, but you'll have to get it yourself from the buffet.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
As a side note, BA Concorde Lounge in LHR doesn't have a buffet and anything must be ordered through a server including chips and nuts.
However, the BA Galleries Clubs have buffet food available if someone would ask for a downgrade of a lounge in favor of a buffet
Yes, good point, and also the note that this is not a business class lounge. That said, when I've been there I've been able to freely go between the adjacent Club lounge and the Concorde lounge, bringing food with me back to my seat in the Concorde lounge.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by SilverChris
I suspect the misunderstanding arose here - you can have food in a quieter part of the lounge, but you'll have to get it yourself from the buffet.
Yes, I now understand that but the staff should have been able to communicate that. They gave me a flat "no" when I asked whether there was any self-service food anywhere in the lounge.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 12:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
While in the new AM north, I talked to three wandering grey uniforms and they all told me, there will be a new GArden AM Lounge opening in the next year in/near? the orchard. They didn't have any more information, just that the current AM north will stay open as an AM
Old Dec 8, 2022, 3:06 am

Yes, that's what I was told as well.
The press release says " the Al Mourjan Garden Lounge will overlook the Orchard area – or is it Garden? – and will be 7,390 sqm in size seating over 700 guests, and include additional dining options and business centres"
Old Dec 8, 2022, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Yes, I now understand that but the staff should have been able to communicate that. They gave me a flat "no" when I asked whether there was any self-service food anywhere in the lounge.
English-speakers share a common language with many, if not most, lounge staff: but there are inevitable differences in syntax and semantics further muddled by accents and speed of delivery. So elements of patience and care from both sides are essential for clear communication.

It's possible the concept of "self-service" might not be perfectly congruent with "buffet" in the mind of a waiter employed to serve guests at tables with food ordered from menus.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 3:01 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
On November 19, staff in the AM Lounge North told me that this was only temporarily an AM, and it will be something else (a Platinum Lounge?) once the full AM Garden lounge is finished. Staff pointed out that the current AM North doesn’t have any quiet areas for dozing in recliner chairs. FWIW.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Today as I did a walk around the Orchard area I could see a beehive of activity going on in the unopened lounges. It's unclear which area will be which lounge but each one that was visible had workers all over the place doing things. Even though scaffolding was up, I think this is a good sign of a sooner opening, compared to being in an almost ready to open state but nothing going on.
Loungeabout likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 8:46 pm

Two Al Mourjan Lounges?

In March, I was traveling on Qatar Airways in coach with OneWorld Emerald status. When I flew through Doha, I visited the two-story Al Mourjan lounge with the huge pond inside it.

The app indicates that there are two Al Mourjan lounges. One in the "Main Terminal / A" and one at "HIA / Level 3, Concourse D." Which one is the large one with the pond inside that I visited in March?

Which one is nicer? It looks like they both have showers and quiet relaxation areas? Do they both accept paid entry from non-elite coach passengers on Qatar airways?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
BA Galleries First has both a buffet and a la carte.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.