FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 22, 1:37 am
kevinyhli

Programs: QF Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, JAL JGC Sapphire
Originally Posted by kevinyhli View Post
Happy to report that Al Mourjan North is now open (and reporting from the lounge currently). The lounge apparently only opened yesterday (4/Nov) and it looks like most people still don't know about it, and hence it is very quiet (and I was able to grab a shower straight away!)

The lounge is not as big as I thought though - will see how busy it will get when more people are being directed here. Offering are similar to the existing lounge, but you can see staff are not very experienced and service is still not very polished.
Just some photos from my visit

Currently you enter the lounge from the east side of the terminal, head up an escalator to the reception area. Once in (facing South), left hand side is the deli area, and there is a bar in the middle of the lounge. To the far right (West side) is the dinning area where there is a small buffet and then a la carte menu like the previous lounge. There were around 10 male shower rooms and I was able to get one straight away (as the lounge is not yet busy)

Fire escape map. the right hand side open lounge areas are what is currently open, and it is believed that the left hand side areas will be the garden lounges (not yet open)

Entrance to the lounge

Looking from west to east

Self service beverage station near dinning area

Dinning area

Buffet at dinning area

Looking from east to west from centre of the lounge

Looking south back into the concourse

Nice piece in front of the female prayer room/shower area