QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Nov 3, 2022, 7:46 am
  #1771  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Posts: 3,817
Question: USA to DOH is J, while DOH-MLE is Y at 2am following day. I should be able to get into Al Mourjan since the Y segment is before 6am, right?
italdesign is offline  
Old Nov 3, 2022, 2:32 pm
  #1772  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: YVR, KUL
Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Posts: 2,941
Originally Posted by italdesign
Question: USA to DOH is J, while DOH-MLE is Y at 2am following day. I should be able to get into Al Mourjan since the Y segment is before 6am, right?
AM isn't a full OW lounge, and doesn't follow the usual OW entry policies. There have been a few success stories from a while ago, but I would expect this to be a YMMV situation.

It's quite likely that the person scanning BPs at the bottom of the escalator will turn you away. You can tell them you'd like to check-in at the the front desk upstairs.
italdesign likes this.
SilverChris is offline  
Old Nov 3, 2022, 7:48 pm
  #1773  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Posts: 3,817
Originally Posted by SilverChris
AM isn't a full OW lounge, and doesn't follow the usual OW entry policies.
Interesting. What makes it not a full OW lounge? Is it b/c it negotiated to be exempt from offering certain benefits? Is this documented somewhere?
italdesign is offline  
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:44 pm
  #1774  
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 2,354
Originally Posted by italdesign
Interesting. What makes it not a full OW lounge? Is it b/c it negotiated to be exempt from offering certain benefits? Is this documented somewhere?
It's all listed here:

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges

Scroll down for the exclusions
AnaTravel and DiamondMile like this.
KingCanute is offline  
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:46 pm
  #1775  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Posts: 21,905
Originally Posted by italdesign
Interesting. What makes it not a full OW lounge? Is it b/c it negotiated to be exempt from offering certain benefits? Is this documented somewhere?
Pretty well documented on the Oneworld website.

DiamondMile likes this.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Nov 5, 2022, 10:48 am
  #1776  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: QF Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, JAL JGC Sapphire
Posts: 42
Happy to report that Al Mourjan North is now open (and reporting from the lounge currently). The lounge apparently only opened yesterday (4/Nov) and it looks like most people still don't know about it, and hence it is very quiet (and I was able to grab a shower straight away!)

The lounge is not as big as I thought though - will see how busy it will get when more people are being directed here. Offering are similar to the existing lounge, but you can see staff are not very experienced and service is still not very polished.
kevinyhli is offline  
Old Nov 5, 2022, 11:00 am
  #1777  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Posts: 706
Originally Posted by kevinyhli
The lounge is not as big as I thought though - will see how busy it will get when more people are being directed here. Offering are similar to the existing lounge, but you can see staff are not very experienced and service is still not very polished.
that is very odd, thought it was supposed to be bigger than the existing one. Were you able to see the new indoor garden from the lounge? Might it be the case it was only part opened?
nomadabroad is offline  
Old Nov 5, 2022, 11:04 am
  #1778  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aberdeen
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Posts: 659
Originally Posted by kevinyhli
Happy to report that Al Mourjan North is now open (and reporting from the lounge currently). The lounge apparently only opened yesterday (4/Nov) and it looks like most people still don't know about it, and hence it is very quiet (and I was able to grab a shower straight away!)

The lounge is not as big as I thought though - will see how busy it will get when more people are being directed here. Offering are similar to the existing lounge, but you can see staff are not very experienced and service is still not very polished.
Great to hear. Any chance of any pics whilst its quiet?
Loungeabout likes this.
Neilgcal is offline  
Old Nov 5, 2022, 11:59 am
  #1779  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Magic Kingdom
Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Posts: 449
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
that is very odd, thought it was supposed to be bigger than the existing one. Were you able to see the new indoor garden from the lounge? Might it be the case it was only part opened?
Has the garden even had its ceremonial opening yet? Probably have to wait for some mucky muck to cut a ribbon for that.
arabiamark is offline  
Old Nov 5, 2022, 12:46 pm
  #1780  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 5,031
I'll be there next Saturday so will provide some North AM updates if no one else has.
Schwann is offline  
Old Nov 5, 2022, 9:57 pm
  #1781  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,664
I'm travelling through DOH in 10 days time. Where is this new lounge located?
Agent69 is offline  
Old Nov 5, 2022, 10:04 pm
  #1782  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Posts: 21,905
Originally Posted by Agent69
I'm travelling through DOH in 10 days time. Where is this new lounge located?
At the other end of the train compared to the old lounge.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Nov 6, 2022, 10:19 am
  #1783  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: The Indo Jungle
Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Posts: 1,319
Was really excited to see it yesterday but instead I got a full on run through the airport to barely make my connection, which had already been rebooked (Guess they underestimated my running speed!). Luckily no checked bags so they were able to take me.
DeepUnderground is offline  
Old Nov 6, 2022, 2:30 pm
  #1784  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Belgrade
Programs: Privilege Club - Platinum
Posts: 170
Just at Doha Airport. New lounge is open but the new part of the terninal still not. They have taken down the screens so you can see the new restaurants, Oreo cafe and duty free which they are stocking up. Also signage to "Orchard" garden visible.
Loungeabout likes this.
Alchemist007 is offline  
Old Nov 6, 2022, 8:57 pm
  #1785  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DXB
Posts: 71
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
that is very odd, thought it was supposed to be bigger than the existing one. Were you able to see the new indoor garden from the lounge? Might it be the case it was only part opened?
Garden lounge will be the new Al Mourjan North, maybe next week opening. Current new north al Mourjan will become north plat lounge (2nd) according to staff today.
Loungeabout likes this.
ecanem22 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.