QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Old Nov 3, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Question: USA to DOH is J, while DOH-MLE is Y at 2am following day. I should be able to get into Al Mourjan since the Y segment is before 6am, right?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by italdesign
Question: USA to DOH is J, while DOH-MLE is Y at 2am following day. I should be able to get into Al Mourjan since the Y segment is before 6am, right?
AM isn't a full OW lounge, and doesn't follow the usual OW entry policies. There have been a few success stories from a while ago, but I would expect this to be a YMMV situation.

It's quite likely that the person scanning BPs at the bottom of the escalator will turn you away. You can tell them you'd like to check-in at the the front desk upstairs.
italdesign likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SilverChris
AM isn't a full OW lounge, and doesn't follow the usual OW entry policies.
Interesting. What makes it not a full OW lounge? Is it b/c it negotiated to be exempt from offering certain benefits? Is this documented somewhere?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:44 pm

Interesting. What makes it not a full OW lounge? Is it b/c it negotiated to be exempt from offering certain benefits? Is this documented somewhere?
It's all listed here:

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges

Scroll down for the exclusions
AnaTravel and DiamondMile like this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Pretty well documented on the Oneworld website.

DiamondMile likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: QF Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, JAL JGC Sapphire
Happy to report that Al Mourjan North is now open (and reporting from the lounge currently). The lounge apparently only opened yesterday (4/Nov) and it looks like most people still don't know about it, and hence it is very quiet (and I was able to grab a shower straight away!)

The lounge is not as big as I thought though - will see how busy it will get when more people are being directed here. Offering are similar to the existing lounge, but you can see staff are not very experienced and service is still not very polished.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by kevinyhli
The lounge is not as big as I thought though - will see how busy it will get when more people are being directed here. Offering are similar to the existing lounge, but you can see staff are not very experienced and service is still not very polished.
that is very odd, thought it was supposed to be bigger than the existing one. Were you able to see the new indoor garden from the lounge? Might it be the case it was only part opened?
Old Nov 5, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kevinyhli
Happy to report that Al Mourjan North is now open (and reporting from the lounge currently). The lounge apparently only opened yesterday (4/Nov) and it looks like most people still don't know about it, and hence it is very quiet (and I was able to grab a shower straight away!)

Great to hear. Any chance of any pics whilst its quiet?
Loungeabout likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
that is very odd, thought it was supposed to be bigger than the existing one. Were you able to see the new indoor garden from the lounge? Might it be the case it was only part opened?
Has the garden even had its ceremonial opening yet? Probably have to wait for some mucky muck to cut a ribbon for that.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I'll be there next Saturday so will provide some North AM updates if no one else has.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm travelling through DOH in 10 days time. Where is this new lounge located?
Old Nov 5, 2022, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Agent69
I'm travelling through DOH in 10 days time. Where is this new lounge located?
At the other end of the train compared to the old lounge.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Was really excited to see it yesterday but instead I got a full on run through the airport to barely make my connection, which had already been rebooked (Guess they underestimated my running speed!). Luckily no checked bags so they were able to take me.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: Privilege Club - Platinum
Just at Doha Airport. New lounge is open but the new part of the terninal still not. They have taken down the screens so you can see the new restaurants, Oreo cafe and duty free which they are stocking up. Also signage to "Orchard" garden visible.
Loungeabout likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by nomadabroad
Garden lounge will be the new Al Mourjan North, maybe next week opening. Current new north al Mourjan will become north plat lounge (2nd) according to staff today.
Loungeabout likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.