Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Do the staff whisper something about passengers into their earpiece (from the bottom of the escalator to the top) about each passenger into their microphone? or is it just about certain elite passengers? Ive noticed them doing this more often after I get on the escalator and am wondering why?!
When you show your ticket if it doesn't scan right or they want double checked, the whisper up to the top to make sure they direct you to the desk.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
When you show your ticket if it doesn't scan right or they want double checked, the whisper up to the top to make sure they direct you to the desk.
Exactly, some guests need to visit the reception desk before entering because they might need to pay or need to have their eligibility verified. The staff downstairs uses their earpiece and mike to describe the passenger to the staff member at the top end of the escalator who then ensures the passenger does not just enter the lounge but indeed goes to the desk.

This prevents long discussions on eligibility at the bottom of the escalator and the forming of a queue. (Usually).

Globalist
Old Oct 8, 2022, 12:55 pm
pjs

Arrive from ORD around 4:55pm 1/1 with connection to NBO (also in J) at 6:50pm. How busy is AM at this time? Will shower be possible before we have to head to gate? Thx
Old Oct 9, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pjs
Arrive from ORD around 4:55pm 1/1 with connection to NBO (also in J) at 6:50pm. How busy is AM at this time? Will shower be possible before we have to head to gate? Thx
Should be okay for a shower - just go there straight away to get in the queue.
pjs likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EP
Can anyone tell me what are the busy hours? 10pm to midnight? 5am to 7am?
Old Oct 9, 2022, 8:59 pm

Leaving Wednesday and laying over for 8 hours - land at 5:20pm, depart at 1:30am - and decided too much hassle to leave the airport with Covid requirements. Husband & I are in J on AA award and I am OW Sapphire. I assume AM will be where we spend our time.

Do we have to sign up for showers at the desk? Do they require males and females to use separate spaces? (personally don’t care either way)
Any dining tips or lounge tips to make this long period more enjoyable?
Old Oct 9, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BCasc
Leaving Wednesday and laying over for 8 hours - land at 5:20pm, depart at 1:30am - and decided too much hassle to leave the airport with Covid requirements. Husband & I are in J on AA award and I am OW Sapphire. I assume AM will be where we spend our time.

Do we have to sign up for showers at the desk? Do they require males and females to use separate spaces? (personally don’t care either way)
Any dining tips or lounge tips to make this long period more enjoyable?
If your award is on QR then AM is your home. I experienced no separation (except for the bathrooms/showers, naturally) with my wife the times we've flown through.

Advice for making that layover work: treat it like a day trip. the food is good/great (depending on your taste), the booze is free-flowing if you like that, and the seats will either be plentiful when you get there or open up when the bank of flights departs. Sign up for the shower and use your allotted time there well. Also, take some time to explore the airport too; it's not Changi IMO, but it's still a pleasant place to wander for a little bit.

Spent 13 hours there before, and between eating 3 meals, showering, reading a book, and walking the airport, it was no hardship whatsoever.
BCasc and NickRivas like this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Flying DFW-DOH-MLE on AA business award (fare class U). I believe we get access to AM, but wondering about paying up to access AS.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by davidmsilver
Flying DFW-DOH-MLE on AA business award (fare class U). I believe we get access to AM, but wondering about paying up to access AS.
You get access to the AM, and can pay up to the AS. The cost is 600 QAR per passenger, slightly less than 200 USD per passenger.
​​​​​
Old Oct 13, 2022, 5:36 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You get access to the AM, and can pay up to the AS. The cost is 600 QAR per passenger, slightly less than 200 USD per passenger.
​​​​​
Are award tickets eligible for paid upgrade? Some other threads suggest they aren't.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Guvner067
Are award tickets eligible for paid upgrade? Some other threads suggest they aren't.
I have done it. Of course it may always change, but it certainly has been possible.
Guvner067 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Guvner067
in the fine print it says they’re not, but you should give it a try because sometimes staff somehow don’t know this so they’ll let you in

Ive had 50/50 experiences…a few months ago I had a business class on QR booked with AA miles and on the way over they let me pay, but on the way back the person at the desk specifically said award tickets through other airlines, even for QR J aren’t eligible for the payment to AS. I tried to argue this cause thought I really could go in so they called the manager and stuff and they looked at the fine print and indeed it shouldn’t happen.

So just try, there’s a chance you’ll pay and get in and worst case scenario they say no.
Guvner067 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:37 pm

I would like to know, with AS booking (business class ticket), does passenger allow to access Al Mourijan business lounge. And how long passenger is allowed to stay in the Al lounge.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I would like to know, with AS booking (business class ticket), does passenger allow to access Al Mourijan business lounge. And how long passenger is allowed to stay in the Al lounge.
Business class award bookings gives access to the Al Mourjan. There is no time limit on the stay, from your flight arrives until your next one departs. Though with the slight caveat that if you are above 24 hours you are required to enter Doha and can't stay airside.
​​​​
Old Oct 14, 2022, 5:49 pm

Recent Lounge Experience

Spent around 8 hours in Al Mourjan - landed at 5:30pm and flight departed at 12:55am. We landed at peak time and it was busy.

Tried to take showers but advised to come back (both male and female) at 8:00-8:30. I didn’t wait for a shower close to 9:00. Husband waited a few mins around 8:00, but the attendant came to get him (so nice!). Showers was very spacious and clean.

We proceeded to upstairs dining quickly after
we couldn’t take showers. There was a waiting list for the upstairs dining but we didn’t actually wait. Food was good and a nice variety. We opted for the curry and biryani. Free flowing sparkling rose. Nice options on their buffet and dessert. Attentive and friendly staff. Al Mourjan Menu Link
Embarrassed to say we had another snack later in the downstairs deli before departure. Loved the soup and husband’s enjoyed his made to order sandwich.

The lounge was pleasantly quiet between 7:30 and 10:30 and started to pick back up (heavy flight loads between midnight and 2am). Still didn’t feel overwhelmingly busy.

Saw Al Mourjan North construction. Looks to be in final phases. Not open as of 10/14. Will update if there’s a change on our way back.
Guvner067 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.