Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2022, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Schwann
I think you'll struggle. The sleeping area is perpetually full.
and not very dark - a bit darker than the lounge, though. I don't suppose your little one could get used to wearing an eye mask? (a joke of course) Good luck
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: AS 100K
if flying QR on separate itineraries...one on a J award (IAH-DOH) and the other on DOH-DEL in Y, would AM access be granted? DOH connection time between flights would be 2.5hrs.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:03 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Nightbus to Dalson
I'm connecting next week through Doha with 3 children under 10 all in business but we have a 5 hr layover with lounge access to Al Mourjan but how do I go about booking a 'quiet room' for a few hours?
There is a transit hotel.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Schwann
I think you'll struggle. The sleeping area is perpetually full.
and usually full of obnoxiously loud snorers
Schwann and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:45 am

I can't seem to purchase AM lounge access online at the moment for a flight in a week's time. Any recent accounts on whether we're still able to purchase access at the counter? Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by yourstruly987
I can't seem to purchase AM lounge access online at the moment for a flight in a week's time. Any recent accounts on whether we're still able to purchase access at the counter? Thanks.
It could be a capacity thing...I have just looked at a flight I have in 11 days and I am only being offered the Oryx lounge. I did purchase AM on the return journey, but that was some time ago.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 12:27 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Was here today from 5am onwards, saw the mad peak hour between 6-8am - I don’t think the opening of Plat/Gold/Silver south made a dent on the sheer number of people during peak hours.

Queues for both the a la carte section and showers chaotic and bit embarrassing for a flagship lounge.

On top of that kitchen on the upstairs a la carte restaurant went out of order and they basically told us no a la carte for the next 6 hours, staff was all over the place clueless one telling me there is a la carte, another one telling me the opposite, again bit disappointing overall.

It felt like the overall standard has slipped slightly over the past 3-4 years, staff upstairs more interested in gossiping over collecting my dirty plate which has been sitting in front of me for over an hour.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:48 pm

Unable to book almourjan online. Any thoughts?

Hi. I am traveling Qatar business class lite fare. I just tried booking almourjan online and it’s only showing me the option for oryx lounge. I had checked a few days ago and I had the option to pay for almourjan as well. Any idea what could have changed ?
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveller246
Hi. I am traveling Qatar business class lite fare. I just tried booking almourjan online and it’s only showing me the option for oryx lounge. I had checked a few days ago and I had the option to pay for almourjan as well. Any idea what could have changed ?
They probably sold as many passes as they want. Rest will be at the front desk based on capacity?
Old Sep 6, 2022, 4:31 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
Was here today from 5am onwards, saw the mad peak hour between 6-8am - I don’t think the opening of Plat/Gold/Silver south made a dent on the sheer number of people during peak hours
Agree, was there this week as a first time visitor, and was disappointed how full the lounge was. Ala carte dinning had a line, and the other end dinning was near waiting capacity. Majority of seats were taken too.

Bought First Class lounge access, and is much quieter and spaced out.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They probably sold as many passes as they want. Rest will be at the front desk based on capacity?
my flight isn’t till December. Do you think I should try again next month or just do it at the airport ?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 9:50 am

I'm flying business class I from DFW to DOH, then economy class X to Cairo (3h 35 min flight). Will I be able to access Al Mourjan, since the connecting economy flight is less than 5 hours?

Last edited by Firelily; Sep 8, 2022 at 1:54 pm Reason: In case post wasn't clear
Old Sep 8, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
Agree, was there this week as a first time visitor, and was disappointed how full the lounge was. Ala carte dinning had a line, and the other end dinning was near waiting capacity. Majority of seats were taken too.

Bought First Class lounge access, and is much quieter and spaced out.
overheard an older gentlemen complaining to presumably the lounge manager re the full a la carte section and another one berating the shower attendant for the horrendous queues, trust me it wasn’t a pleasant atmosphere

I posted on another thread what appears to be the new Al-Mourjan North so fingers crossed, at this rate they desperately need double or even triple the lounge capacity
Old Sep 8, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
OWS / Flying Biz (U fare) Upgraded from a revenue Y class

With so many regs re lounge admission: would it be the LHR Premium lounge or the QR lounge for OW status holders?

Once in DOH: same question, as per AM, upon arrival, here it is even more confusing, as my second leg is in Y...?
Old Sep 8, 2022, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Doors Closing
OWS / Flying Biz (U fare) Upgraded from a revenue Y class

With so many regs re lounge admission: would it be the LHR Premium lounge or the QR lounge for OW status holders?

Once in DOH: same question, as per AM, upon arrival, here it is even more confusing, as my second leg is in Y...?
Upgrades don't come with lounge access, so it will be the lounge for status holders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.