Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
we are travelling with a 1 year old, what are the family area’s I’ve seen people mention?
As you enter, cross over the raised area. There's a family area on that side.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:30 pm

I have an inbound (long haul) flight into DOH on U class (Business award ticket) arriving at 21:40, then outbound flight on X class (Economy award ticket) departing at 07:55 (the next day).

From the oneworld site, the rules to access the lounge are:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
I'm worried about the "same day" clause. Is it same day, or 24 hrs? Will I have access to the AM lounge?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by TisMe
I have an inbound (long haul) flight into DOH on U class (Business award ticket) arriving at 21:40, then outbound flight on X class (Economy award ticket) departing at 07:55 (the next day).

From the oneworld site, the rules to access the lounge are:

I'm worried about the "same day" clause. Is it same day, or 24 hrs? Will I have access to the AM lounge?
How long is your economy flight? If above 5 hours, the point is moot, as the class of the departing flight will count. If below 5 hours I would expect it to be fine.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:57 am

Outbound flight is 3.5 hours. But even if it was 5 hours, wouldn’t the incoming 16 hr flight always take precedence since it’s longer?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by TisMe
Outbound flight is 3.5 hours. But even if it was 5 hours, wouldn’t the incoming 16 hr flight always take precedence since it’s longer?
No, the rules distinguish long and short haul at 5 hours. If the second flight is more than 5 hours it is considered long haul to long haul.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Sorry if this has already been answered but wanted to know if we can get access to Al Mourjan Business lounge if its Reward tickets (AA miles) in Business class.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Sorry if this has already been answered but wanted to know if we can get access to Al Mourjan Business lounge if its Reward tickets (AA miles) in Business class.
sure hope we do, if not ill be bored in doha for a very long time.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Originally Posted by AaronS123
sure hope we do, if not ill be bored in doha for a very long time.
Y'all sure do folks.
rajhyd99 and Cvvilla77 like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:05 am

Is Al Safwa so MUCH better than Al Mourjan that it's worth buying my way in? If yes, what makes it that much better?

I have QR R connecting to C tickets, PHL-DOH-SEZ with I think a 7 hr layover in DOH.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by erdoran
Is Al Safwa so MUCH better than Al Mourjan that it's worth buying my way in? If yes, what makes it that much better?

I have QR R connecting to C tickets, PHL-DOH-SEZ with I think a 7 hr layover in DOH.
Al Safwa is large and rather empty whenever I've been in. The restaurant is all order off the menu, no buffet. There are small fully private rooms that can be occupied on a first-come first-served basis which offer a real bed with bedding, shower, and toilet. I believe they are limited but can't recall the maximum amount of time.

In contrast, Al Mourjan has a main dining room upstairs with an extensive buffet and a small order off the menu selection, a sandwicherie downstairs which has a menu of a few sandwiches, salads, and other items, plus a small buffet with various things. There are also coffee, tea, and dessert stations throughout the lounge. There is a quiet area with loungers, a family area with nooks, and a few sets of showers. It gets extremely crowded during peak times, with long queues for the main restaurant, the quiet area, and the showers.

Only you can decide if the difference is worth ~$136 (per person per visit).
Turnpike likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
As a data point, I flew in Y through DOH on QR twice in a week. Both times I got into Al Mourjan with my BA Gold card - and on the second time I guested a non-emerald member who was on the same flight. The lounge was very busy and there seemed to be a fairly long waiting list for the upstairs restaurant. I didn't investigate it too closely and instead went to the sandwicherie which was fine to spend an hour in.
Zol likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 10:31 am

Travelling P class with partner, I'm Oneworld emerald. We both got in AM lounge today. Need to wait 10-15 mins for upstairs restaurant.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 10:47 am

We have a teen who traveled in Y. We paid $125 for entry for him. There was no option to pay ahead online at any discount. The upstairs restaurant looked full but we found a table after circling once. I believe we arrived around midnight. The service was fantastic. After the meal, we went looking for sleep loungers. An attendant walked us to the area and checked each "stall" with us. We lucked out coming upon an empty stall with two loungers. The attendant asked us we needed blankets and returned with two within a minute. Those were the same ones they use in J cabins. We had a good rest - eye covers were essential. Our morning fight out was at 7:30. When we went to the upstairs restaurant for breakfast at 6, the area was full and they actually closed off the entry. I recommend that you go earlier than 6 for breakfast, if you are awake already. Honestly we were not hungry after the midnight meal, so we didn't miss too much.
Old May 1, 2022, 1:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Datapoint April 30th 2022.
Business class P fare (no lounge included). 1 Emerald and one Sapphire passenger.

Allowed into AM without much hesitation, once the staff at the escalator saw Emerald it was fine.

I did ask about the “gold” lounge and the staff at the reception mentioned this is still one or two months away.

Lounge at 6am was BUSY, we had an 8am connection so about 1 hour on the ground, by the time we got into the lounge and made it to the shower area it was clear there were too many people waiting for us to even remotely have a chance to refresh. We walked around the lounge, saw a queue fir the restaurant and walked to the gate instead.

Globalist
Old May 2, 2022, 11:08 am
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Sorry to bump my own post. Does anyone have an idea whether I will have access to AM? Tried calling last night, but hung up after waiting 20.

Originally Posted by planes&trains
I purchased an R fare before their recent announcement about new fare classes and lounge access. I realized I was grandfathered in and will gain access. However, QR had to reissue the ticket and now I am booked in J. Though J offers access based on the new rules, my ticket has the following endorsement. I am BA Silver. Will I have access to AM, given the endorsement below?

INVOL REROUTE /C1-4 NON END/CHNG FEE PER RULE/PAID LOUNGE/ T AND C APPLY -BG QR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.