Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2021, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by khabah
I’m clearly so out of the travel loop, I didn’t realize that I booked my first trip since October 2020 in R class. I am a QRPC Platinum, so I went through the booking process able to choose my seats and such, but I’m now wondering: do I get access to AM or do I have to pass the layover hours away in the little HIA First Class Lounge?

Thanks in advance!

khabah
Currently QR offers a goodwill gesture to all status passengers and QRPC Silver & higher ( or partner oneworld Sapphire/Emerald ) members are currently allowed into the Al Mourjan Lounge even when they are flying Economy and Business "R" fare class. This is temporary and there is no official end date for this gesture set up by Qatar Airways and announced publicly.

Depending on when you fly, if the goodwill gesture is in place, you would be admitted into Al Mourjan. If not, it would be the First Class status lounge as you mentioned. Even if the goodwill gesture has ended when you travel, you could always pay $96 at the Al Mourjan gate and access it.
Old May 30, 2021, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
We accessed Al Mourjan on an R ticket BKK-LAX this morning. It was chaos getting in at 6 am, with lines at the escalator and then the check-in desk. Agent took a looooong time and hesitated before admitting my partner (who was on the same itinerary). But ultimately we both got the magic stamp.
Old May 30, 2021, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper
Has anyone mentioned the sushi before? Supermarket sushi might still top it but it sure beats the old Al Safwa selection.
I have taken up the sushi the last few times though. A nice light meal.
Old May 30, 2021, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
We accessed Al Mourjan on an R ticket BKK-LAX this morning. It was chaos getting in at 6 am, with lines at the escalator and then the check-in desk. Agent took a looooong time and hesitated before admitting my partner (who was on the same itinerary). But ultimately we both got the magic stamp.
I’m here now and experienced the same with my travel companion (Emerald on R fare). Last week, we were admitted at the bottom of the escalator without needing to stop at the check-in desk. It took a while this morning to have the boarding passes reviewed and stamped.

In walking past the entrances to the first and business lounges, it looks like they may be open. It would be consistent with what others have said about an end of month opening, but I’ve also never been to Doha outside of this trip so I could be wrong.
Kacee likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
From one OWE to another, glad to hear you got in .Discouraged to hear of the chaos, a harbinger of bad things to come. When I was there a week ago it was six flyers at the Guest Desk.

Have to work on my QR Privilege Club Platinum now I suppose .
Kacee likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 1:03 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
From one OWE to another, glad to hear you got in .Discouraged to hear of the chaos, a harbinger of bad things to come. When I was there a week ago it was six flyers at the Guest Desk.

Have to work on my QR Privilege Club Platinum now I suppose .
Once the morning bank of flights departed, the lounge became a ghost town, which was quite nice. Somewhat made up for the Chicago flight being delayed nearly three hours and losing the Q Suites.
Old May 31, 2021, 4:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Once the morning bank of flights departed, the lounge became a ghost town, which was quite nice.
Same. By the time we left around 7:15, it was considerably calmer. Unfortunately, boarding to LAX was a complete cluster. It was like ground staff had never boarded an aircraft before. Had me very much longing for EK's direct board from lounge set-up.
Old May 31, 2021, 9:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Could someone double-check my logic?

First time traveling on Qatar and first time transiting Doha. Flights are in 2 months. Family of 4 traveling on R business ticket (2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant in arms). I am a Oneworld Sapphire. If I am correct then I would be granted access under the current policy (unknown when it will expire), but would the infant be granted access as well? Then I could pay for access for my wife and daughter?

Arriving at 5pm and departing at 1am. I wonder if it is worth it for access at least so we can reserve a family room and rest. Any advice or input is appreciated!
Old May 31, 2021, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by creditcardgeek

First time traveling on Qatar and first time transiting Doha. Flights are in 2 months. Family of 4 traveling on R business ticket (2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant in arms). I am a Oneworld Sapphire. If I am correct then I would be granted access under the current policy (unknown when it will expire), but would the infant be granted access as well? Then I could pay for access for my wife and daughter?

Arriving at 5pm and departing at 1am. I wonder if it is worth it for access at least so we can reserve a family room and rest. Any advice or input is appreciated!
As an oneworld Sapphire, you already have one guest allowance. I am not sure if they would charge for the infant so you'll pay for one passenger or two. Not three.
creditcardgeek likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist

Oryx airport hotel has an hourly rate, seems a much more humane option for a family, with an infant. Worry-free access to peace and quiet, a real bed, and your own bathroom/shower. They also offer room service food, or a bunch of restaurants are a five minute walk. I hate long layovers in airports regardless of the quality of the lounge.
Old May 31, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: AA PPro
Same. By the time we left around 7:15, it was considerably calmer. Unfortunately, boarding to LAX was a complete cluster. It was like ground staff had never boarded an aircraft before . Had me very much longing for EK's direct board from lounge set-up.
Agreed, when boarding, it seems like they are training people and it always is a mess.
Old May 31, 2021, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Once the morning bank of flights departed, the lounge became a ghost town, which was quite nice. Somewhat made up for the Chicago flight being delayed nearly three hours and losing the Q Suites.
Losing Qsuites, that’s brutal! Was it still lie-flat?
tfizzle likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aeroo777
Losing Qsuites, that’s brutal! Was it still lie-flat?
Hi ​​​aeroo777 and welcome to FlyerTalk!

There are no non-lie-flat aircraft on the QR fleet that could make it to Chicago.
I couldn't find the delay reason of QR 725 yesterday ( 31 May ) but it looks like an aircraft swap with an issue with the originally scheduled aircraft.

In normal cases, all USA routes are operated with QSuite equipped aircraft.
Note: Miami was an exception pre-COVID but I guess it's not the case anymore.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 4:24 am

Is it actually possible to reserve family rooms at Al Mourjan in advance? I didn't think so but if it is, I would be very much interested to know how
Old Jun 1, 2021, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hoturkey
Is it actually possible to reserve family rooms at Al Mourjan in advance? I didn't think so but if it is, I would be very much interested to know how
No, it's first come first served.
hoturkey likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.