Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2021, 2:29 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Plat, Marriot Plat
I’m in the lounge now as well traveling from IAD-DOH in J through an AA award and then DOH-MLE in Y. There was some confusion at the escalator to get up but they let me in no questions asked at the actual check in.
ISTFlyer and miss_travel like this.
Old May 15, 2021, 1:56 am

Would like to know if I can access the lounge for a mixed itinerary. From MLE to ATH via DOH, MLE-DOH in J and DOH-ATH in Y, both flights just under 5 hours. Layover from 11pm to 7am. No status. Thanks!
Old May 15, 2021, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by miss_travel
Would like to know if I can access the lounge for a mixed itinerary. From MLE to ATH via DOH, MLE-DOH in J and DOH-ATH in Y, both flights just under 5 hours. Layover from 11pm to 7am. No status. Thanks!
Unfortunately, you wouldn't have lounge access in this itinerary as your departing flight from DOH needs to be in J.
miss_travel likes this.
Old May 15, 2021, 8:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Confirming that once the First Class lounge reopens that those traveling on QR base fare business tickets, even with OW Emerald, will not receive free Al Mourjan access. I just questioned the desk. Current estimate is First Class lounge will reopen end of this month.

The "cleaning lady" (Rennlist joke) suggests Al Safwa is now being prepared for reopening "soon" (June).

Al Mourjan is by far the busiest I have seen it in a year

Last edited by LoungeLizardHugo; May 15, 2021 at 8:28 pm
Old May 15, 2021, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Confirming that once the First Class lounge reopens that those traveling on QR base fare business tickets, even with OW Emerald, will not receive free Al Mourjan access. I just questioned the desk. Current estimate is First Class lounge will reopen end of this month.

The "cleaning lady" (Rennlist joke) suggests Al Safwa is now being prepared for reopening "soon" (June).

Al Mourjan is by far the busiest I have seen it in a year
It was already known that even QR Platinum pax on Business Classic fares would not be admitted to Al Mourjan and directed to the First Class status lounge.
However, thanks for asking the employees and confirming it.

Probably this is also a sign that QR Platinum pax would need a fare bucket other than "R" to access to access Al Safwa on a paid Business Class ticket.
Old May 15, 2021, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
We fly through on May 30. So May 31 would be fine
Old May 15, 2021, 10:58 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
We fly through on May 30. So May 31 would be fine
I fly back from Male on the 31st so I'd appreciate if they put it into effect when the date changes to June 1 after I've already entered the lounge

Can anyone confirm if you can buy Al Mourjan access at the entry for the same price as adding online? My layover is something like 8 hours so I will pay for it if the access does get removed.
Kacee likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 3:43 am

Would that mean the regular Business Class lounge will then go open for OW Sapphire members again, who travel in Y or J-classic?

Also wonder what Al Safwa is top open for now that all their A380's are grounded and there are no first class flights basically?
Old May 16, 2021, 4:47 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by MoonJ
Would that mean the regular Business Class lounge will then go open for OW Sapphire members again, who travel in Y or J-classic?

Also wonder what Al Safwa is top open for now that all their A380's are grounded and there are no first class flights basically?
Yes.

Flights to nearby countries like the KSA operate F and Y only, without J. Those passengers qualify for F lounges.
MoonJ likes this.

Last edited by realgaga; May 16, 2021 at 12:22 pm
Old May 16, 2021, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by realgaga
Yes.

Flights to GCC countries like the UAE and KSA operate F and Y only, without J. Those passengers qualify for F lounges.
​​UAE is the exception to this rule at the moment as they've coded the premium cabin as J since re-starting flights earlier this year. Other Arab/Levant/GCC destinations continue to be coded as F.
Old May 16, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by stargold
​​UAE is the exception to this rule at the moment as they've coded the premium cabin as J since re-starting flights earlier this year. Other Arab/Levant/GCC destinations continue to be coded as F.
Oops, was thinking of pre-blockade. Edited now.
Old May 19, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
DP: Just got into the lounge as OW Sapphire on business R ticket.
Kacee and MoonJ like this.
Old May 19, 2021, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
DP: Just got into the lounge as OW Sapphire on business R ticket.
Awesome. Did you show your status or just entered using BP? Trying to understand if they are enforcing R class restrictions for non-status holders.
Old May 19, 2021, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by mileageking
Awesome. Did you show your status or just entered using BP? Trying to understand if they are enforcing R class restrictions for non-status holders.
I showed my BP which was showing the status as it has a /SAPH after the FF number.
mileageking likes this.
Old May 19, 2021, 6:55 pm

I’m flying in and out of DOH in QR Business Class (AA miles). Would I have to pay for Al Mourjan Business Lounge access?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.