Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:16 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Coming Soon
arfaczar and kamaaina like this.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Dinner Hours at the Al Mourjan Lounge?

How late does the lounge offer made to order dinner?

I was thinking about trying the evening Doha City Tour and looks like I wouldn't be back at the lounge until sometime before 11:00 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 3:12 pm

That'll be around peak time... I believe everything is open. Getting a seat upstairs in the restaurant may be tricky.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 3:36 pm

Now is Ramadan, the airport and lounge is very quiet. No wait for showers, quiet room, or even a table at second floor.
Ursa81 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Left lounge this morning at 0800. Only one person on the 2nd floor dining.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 8:07 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Why shower facility is so limited

Just done 2 transit at DOH in 10 days, one 6ish in the morning another one 6ish in the afternoon, both occasions have to wait for male shower for about 30 minutes - 50 minutes.

If QR is real looking to make DOH a transit hub, they need to have enough shower room for their J pax. At the moment and transit less than 2 hours wouldn't gaurantee a shower
Old Nov 12, 2016, 10:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Just done 2 transit at DOH in 10 days, one 6ish in the morning another one 6ish in the afternoon, both occasions have to wait for male shower for about 30 minutes - 50 minutes.

If QR is real looking to make DOH a transit hub, they need to have enough shower room for their J pax. At the moment and transit less than 2 hours wouldn't gaurantee a shower
Absolutely agree, I've yet to manage a shower when in transit at DOH, considering the size of the lounge you would think they could have put in a few more showers - 50 or so given that there isn't much O&D traffic and most people are in transit.

Am I the only one who is constantly under whelmed by the Al-Mourjan lounge?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by lhrpete
Absolutely agree, I've yet to manage a shower when in transit at DOH, considering the size of the lounge you would think they could have put in a few more showers - 50 or so given that there isn't much O&D traffic and most people are in transit.

Am I the only one who is constantly under whelmed by the Al-Mourjan lounge?
It is a QR J pax only lounge, built into the newest major airport at one of the richest country at ME. The lounge was very full in the morning, hard to even get a seat at the main restaurant for breakfast, shower always needs to be waitlisted, resting area doesn't have a flat couch.... I would prefer CX Pier any time over this lounge. Never waited for a shower at any CX lounge at HKG, cabanas yes, but that is no comparison to any showers.

Last edited by Ausriver; Nov 12, 2016 at 11:58 pm
Old Nov 13, 2016, 1:15 am

It is a QR J pax only lounge, built into the newest major airport at one of the richest country at ME. The lounge was very full in the morning, hard to even get a seat at the main restaurant for breakfast, shower always needs to be waitlisted, resting area doesn't have a flat couch.... I would prefer CX Pier any time over this lounge. Never waited for a shower at any CX lounge at HKG, cabanas yes, but that is no comparison to any showers.
I quite enjoyed The Pier too! Love the noodle bar and char siew / custard pao there. Guess maybe it's a little easier for HKG cos they have a few J lounges vs just the one in DOH? Maybe DOH needs another dedicated J lounge?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 2:38 am

Ausriver , lhrpete there are two set of showers in the lounge. Far too few realise that those off to the left of the buffet dining area exist. That means that there is often no queue!
Things will hopefully improve when Al Mourjan II opens in the North node. It has been said to be 'Opening soon/shortly/any day now' for a year now so hopefully it will open soon.
Ursa81 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I would prefer CX Pier any time over this lounge.
Would make for a mighty long walk to your departure gate at HIA.

Originally Posted by remdk
Ausriver , lhrpete there are two set of showers in the lounge. Far too few realise that those off to the left of the buffet dining area exist. That means that there is often no queue!
I've never been there when there was no queue. Usually arrive ~0500 and departure time is ~0830, so must be at the gate earlier than that. And it can be a long walk to the gate.

Things will hopefully improve when Al Mourjan II opens in the North node. It has been said to be 'Opening soon/shortly/any day now' for a year now so hopefully it will open soon.
This is the first I've heard of this. Can you give me a link to info, please?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:00 am

Dr. HFH look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l-nowhere.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...t-s-train.html and there are numerous other references on this forum.
Ursa81 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
How late does the lounge offer made to order dinner?

I was thinking about trying the evening Doha City Tour and looks like I wouldn't be back at the lounge until sometime before 11:00 PM.
I thought they removed the a la carte menu from the Al Mourjan and replaced it with buffet only?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
This morning connecting from SYD to GVA flight, with just under 2 hour layover I was hoping for a refreshing shower, but with 1+hr wait time I gave up on Al Mourjan. The restaurant was also superbusy, with no spare tables. How is this a premium lounge if they can't accommodate all business class pax at morning peak?
Ended up using Priority Pass' Al Maha (to the lounge dragons' major surprise that I not at Al Mourjan). The shower was pretty basic, but there was no queue.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 5:59 am

I visited both showers on both occasions. The small one at the male toilet didn't even waitlist me on both occasions. The main one at the quite room waitlisted, and for a hair dryer you will need to knock the door for it. It is terrible for such a new preimium lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.