Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2021, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Zhaunk
I’m flying in and out of DOH in QR Business Class (AA miles). Would I have to pay for Al Mourjan Business Lounge access?
You would have free Al Mourjan Lounge access on an AAdvantage award ticket.
The restriction only applies to "R" fare bucket tickets issued by Qatar Airways. You are traveling on "U" fare bucket on a ticket issued by American Airlines.
Old May 19, 2021, 9:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Zhaunk
I’m flying in and out of DOH in QR Business Class (AA miles). Would I have to pay for Al Mourjan Business Lounge access?
we just flew from RDU to CPT and back on QR using AA miles and was able to get into AL Mourjan lounge without paying.
Old May 20, 2021, 11:16 am

Thanks.
Old May 20, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Currently being served at Al Mourjan.
There’s always Pommery for the masochists among us.
mr_botak and teemuflyer like this.
Old May 20, 2021, 3:08 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Has anyone mentioned the sushi before? Supermarket sushi might still top it but it sure beats the old Al Safwa selection.

Al Mourjan today versus Al Safwa on December 23, 2019

zymm likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 6:34 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper
There’s always Pommery for the masochists among us.
Flew out of Seattle May 7th J Class for first Qatar experience and the Champagne was Pommery. Such a disappointment!
Old May 21, 2021, 9:04 am

Programs: OW Emerald(RJ), SA Gold(Turkish Elite)
Options for 8 hour layover

Hi all

Got a buisness class ticket (I) and OW Emerald. Any chance I can get a sleeping room.. Or am I basically just stuck in Al Mourjan?
Old May 21, 2021, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by zbeebo
Hi all

Got a buisness class ticket (I) and OW Emerald. Any chance I can get a sleeping room.. Or am I basically just stuck in Al Mourjan?
If you are a partner OWE, you are stuck to Al Mourjan and the quiet room area over there.
Old May 21, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zbeebo
Hi all

Not sure if this will work for you, but the Oryx hotel has 8hr rates available. Cost is around $250
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 2:16 am

Lounge Access on Award Redemption Asia Miles

Hello,
I am travelling with my wife from GRU to DOH to CCU in November 2021. We booked using Asia Miles - not sure if we get lounge access (booked in J on both legs - and ticket class shows 'U')? I do not have OW status however. Have spoken to both Qatar and Cathay teams and they keep asking me to ask the other regarding info on lounge access.

We have a long long long layover (19 hours) so lounge access will be critical even if I end up booking the Oryx.
Old May 24, 2021, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by indolatino
Hello,
I am travelling with my wife from GRU to DOH to CCU in November 2021. We booked using Asia Miles - not sure if we get lounge access (booked in J on both legs - and ticket class shows 'U')? I do not have OW status however. Have spoken to both Qatar and Cathay teams and they keep asking me to ask the other regarding info on lounge access.

We have a long long long layover (19 hours) so lounge access will be critical even if I end up booking the Oryx.
Hi ​​​indolatino and welcome to FlyerTalk

The lounge restrictions imposed by Qatar Airways only applies to tickets issued on 157- Qatar Airways stock and on R fare class tickets.

You are travelling on a ticket issued on Cathay Pacific stock in U fare class thus you would have access to the Al Mourjan Lounge during your entire layover in DOH
ExitGates likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 5:24 am

Confirming access to Al Mourjan on Business Class R fare, as OneWorld Sapphire (Privilege Club Gold) yesterday
mileageking, Kacee and tfizzle like this.
Old May 27, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Can my partner (no status) traveling on a U fare guest me in to AM lounge if I am on an R fare and OWE. This would be next January.
Old May 27, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by houstr8male
Can my partner (no status) traveling on a U fare guest me in to AM lounge if I am on an R fare and OWE. This would be next January.
No. J class tickets of any kind on its own don't allow guesting.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 9:22 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I’m clearly so out of the travel loop, I didn’t realize that I booked my first trip since October 2020 in R class. I am a QRPC Platinum, so I went through the booking process able to choose my seats and such, but I’m now wondering: do I get access to AM or do I have to pass the layover hours away in the little HIA First Class Lounge?

Thanks in advance!

khabah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.