Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ffman999
Has anyone had trouble accessing either outstation lounges or AM with tickets booked in U class through American or Alaska?
This is a good question I wanted to bump. If you’re booked on U do you have any problems anywhere else? Especially with AS (not that their lounge is anything worth it).
Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I'm at one of the showers in AM right now, I might need to leave around 0015. Hit me a PM if you want to say hi for 2-3 minutes.
Pretty bold to be posting from the shower. True FT spirit!
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Pretty bold to be posting from the shower. True FT spirit!
AND proposing short meetings
teemuflyer and Traveller999 like this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I'm at one of the showers in AM right now, I might need to leave around 0015. Hit me a PM if you want to say hi for 2-3 minutes.
Way to keep it classy!
Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Don't know if it is just a rush towards the weekend thing, but economy passengers with status was turned away at AM just now, and sent to the business/first class lounges.

The airport is heaving, and the AM lounge is quite busy.
DeepUnderground likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Don't know if it is just a rush towards the weekend thing, but economy passengers with status was turned away at AM just now, and sent to the business/first class lounges.
Does that mean the First Class Lounge & Business Class Lounge at Doha are now returned to their original capacity?

With Al Safwa open as well, HIA may be transitioning to the ‘new normal’. (Hate that phrase.)
Old Sep 2, 2021, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by crackjack
Does that mean the First Class Lounge & Business Class Lounge at Doha are now returned to their original capacity?

With Al Safwa open as well, HIA may be transitioning to the ‘new normal’. (Hate that phrase.)
Seems so.
crackjack likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Seems so.
Got it. A little surprised it lasted as long as it did; reading the posts here muting the overcrowding, sounds like QR had little choice except to start opening the other lounges again.

Last edited by crackjack; Sep 2, 2021 at 6:18 pm
Old Sep 2, 2021, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by crackjack

Wouldn't it be the old normal (OneWorld Sapphires and Emeralds in coach relegated to the status business and first lounges, respectively)?

Any info if this applies to Emeralds in business class on R fares?
Old Sep 2, 2021, 9:45 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by anabolism
Wouldn't it be the old normal (OneWorld Sapphires and Emeralds in coach relegated to the status business and first lounges, respectively)?

Any info if this applies to Emeralds in business class on R fares?
R fares don't grant lounge access, so you'll be admissible to the First Class Lounge based on OWE (if it's open).
Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Now that the business class lounge is open and I'm on R fare (OW sapphire) I guess that is where I will be directed. But I believe I can buy access to AM (?AS) - but I can't find the link in my booking to add it. Can I just pay at the lounge? Current rate? TIA
Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Aeroplan 50k, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by estnet
Now that the business class lounge is open and I'm on R fare (OW sapphire) I guess that is where I will be directed. But I believe I can buy access to AM (?AS) - but I can't find the link in my booking to add it. Can I just pay at the lounge? Current rate? TIA
Lol I'm on the same boat. When's your flight? I'm going to try to call them later today to see what they say. The link for lounge access is gone too for me. Will post what I find.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by estnet
Paid access to Al Mourjan is temporarily suspended due to the capacity issues. ( Both online and pay-at-gate is not working at this time )
Otherwise, the rate is still $96 ( QAR350 ).

Unfortunately, you can't purchase access to Al Safwa for the moment with a "R" fare ticket.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Aeroplan 50k, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Paid access to Al Mourjan is temporarily suspended due to the capacity issues. ( Both online and pay-at-gate is not working at this time )
Otherwise, the rate is still $96 ( QAR350 ).

Unfortunately, you can't purchase access to Al Safwa for the moment with a "R" fare ticket.
Damn. When you mean pay at gate, you mean at the lounge itself?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mendacio
Damn. When you mean pay at gate, you mean at the lounge itself?
Yes I used the word "gate" in terms of "entry" -> the lounge desk at the entrance when you just go up the escalators.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.